Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Returning from work one morning last week, I'm travelling with the flow of traffic , about 120-125 km/h. For no apparent reason traffic came to abrupt halt, as I'm braking hard I habitually look into my rear view and realize that behind me is a BMW with the driver talking on the cellphone, he does not appear to be braking. This happens all so fast, I dive into the shoulder to avoid getting creamed and stop. I glance to my right and see him plough right into the car that was in front of me, I'm still not sure he was on the brakes.

The car that was in front of me gets pushed into the car in front of him, and that car in turn gets pushed into the car in front of him. We now have Mr."Ultimate Driving Machine" and the three cars in front of him involved in a car wreck. I'm on the shoulder thanking my lucky stars that I travel in an outside lane as much as possible so that I do have an "out" in case something does happen.

Long story short, the police show up along with an ambulance and two tow trucks, as an eyewitness I stay and give my statement ... and unbelieveably this guy from the BMW tries to shift some blame onto me, saying that if I had stayed in my lane the damage to the other cars would have been minimized !!!

He was not remorseful or apologetic to anyone involved, and in typical fashion he was also the least injured, the driver of the car in front of me was loaded into the ambulance, I don't think he was injured too seriously.

If the police had been there a few minutes later, I might've fed this guy his phone, I really believe they should be made illegal and carry a stiff penalty when used in motion, maybe cars should be built with some sort of signal inhibitor on board, where the only way to get a signal is from a factory or aftermarket handsfree unit.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I really believe they should be made illegal and carry a stiff penalty when used in motion,
    In the UK it is now illegal to have a mobile phone turned on in the car unless it is installed in a hands-free kit. LOTS of hands-free kits were sold over the Christmas holidays as the law came into effect on Jan 1.
    When on my motorbike, I found the HORN and my race exhaust a very effective means of getting dozy drivers OFF of their calls and get them to give thier attention to driving

NoOne, just reading that story pisses me off. I too am completely in favour of banning cell phone use in moving cars. You'd think people would have the common courtesy to just pull over. Idiots.

I believe cellphone use is illegal here too, but I don't think it is being enforced the way it could be. I'm no techno whiz, but I think future issues could be avoided by creating some kind of electronic signal blocker or something along that line into new cars.

I drive this stretch of highway almost daily, I see people do the craziest, stupidest things and I'm thankful I have the experience to keep myself out of danger, 18 yrs of driving and only 1 minor accident which was not my fault, I pray that I'm not just lucky !!!

One of the things about BMWs they come with phones installed on the cars (depending on model) standard and its an otion through out the blander cars i know this because ive seen a mechanic nearly get creamed while some snob was on his phone in his 5 series. And the first motor accident i was ever involved in was a me crossing at a zebra crossing and a blue holden ute with a tradsmans trailer on it pulled up for me and the woman who was a fair distance away was on the phone and shopwed no signs of slwoing up was on the phone i ran backwards shouting at the guy in the ute to move off and she creamed himthe damge to the trailer was minimal about the size of asmall cucumber and he had a bit of whiplash but the driver of the celica fared worse while the damge on the front pannels would of been minimal in a moresolid car both head light both front 1/4s the bonnet and the stearing wheel where her noce connected needed repllacing.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I believe cellphone use is illegal here too, but I don't think it is being enforced the way it could be. I'm no techno whiz, but I think future issues could be avoided by creating some kind of electronic signal blocker or something along that line into new cars.

I drive this stretch of highway almost daily, I see people do the craziest, stupidest things and I'm thankful I have the experience to keep myself out of danger, 18 yrs of driving and only 1 minor accident which was not my fault, I pray that I'm not just lucky !!!
    cell phones are banned in indiana now too, one of my moms friends told her.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

I saw a lady in a Prado playing the harmonica on her way to work. Every time we stopped at traffic lights or in traffic she would put it up to her gob and really get into it. Im thinking of taking my guitar actually.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

A pictures worth a thousand words.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Some rice for flavor i think the pikachu honda would be the funnyest of the lot.

Some crazy ricers and the funniest sticker ever.

More crazy ricers.

What you guys don't know is that stickers, body kits, euro lights, and excessive double layer wings add about 50 horsepower each, with torque to match. Those stickered-eurod-winged-kitted out cars can go in excess of 300 miles an hour, with zero to sixties less than 3 seconds. Look in the picture as two similar cars are compared.

lol nice pic here if your not a fan of rice try this page www.riceornot.ricecop.com
    really kewl site you get to rate on the ricy scale.

a Girl in my chemistry thought that her VW Jetta can go 200 miles an hour because the speedometer says so. She used the phrase "I know its small but it like very fast" She said this after driving 4 miles in 30 minutes in the middle of winter.
    Last edited by KarateBoy; 01-30-2004 at 11:29 PM.
    Must learn more.

Some girl at school thought that the woodtrim in her father's BMW was marble.
    Some idiot at Lunch was like, "A Civic can probably outrun any Ferrari because it is front wheel drive!"
    I felt like punching the asshole in his face because he kept on insisting that his Civic was the best, and that adding some stupid tail to it added an extra 100 horsepower.

Thread Information