Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Photo stolen from Final gear....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Well I don't know if this truly qualifies, but I get a laugh out of it - my neighbor's wife drives a Honda Pilot, and doesn't ever seem to remember to close the rear tailgate. She drive up and down the street and all over town with it up, and on many occasions, drives right into the garage with it up **BAM**. Quite amusing to watch really...

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
    Well I don't know if this truly qualifies, but I get a laugh out of it - my neighbor's wife drives a Honda Pilot, and doesn't ever seem to remember to close the rear tailgate. She drive up and down the street and all over town with it up, and on many occasions, drives right into the garage with it up **BAM**. Quite amusing to watch really...
    It qualifies! Must be some sight lol.

Ford Cortina GT Mk1 Twodoor

As this is a very scarce car in South Africa[all the locally manufactured GT's was 4door], it is very sought after in the SA classic environment. I got a call from a friend saying that theres a guy closing down his workshop and want to get rid of such a car. In pieces but complete, with a few extras like windscreens and other glass. As i do not buy any car in pieces i took a fellow collector[he has the guts to buy a car in pieces], with me to make the man a deal.
    Over the phone he stated that he will take the car to the scrapmetal merchand if we do not hurry up. Not too far there, about 90kms. 45Mins later we were on his site , and start to negotiate with a man with the IQ of room temperature. This was actually amazing.
    He started off by telling us he wants 4000 for the car and the pieces will be 1000. So we said to him he said he was taking the load to the scrap merchands if we do not hurry up and there he will fetch 200. We want to buy because we want to preserve the car for the future, and to show still unborn kids what cars from the past look like and all the other blah, blah.
    Then he came with the knocker. He will settle for half the price, but then he will take a grinder and cut everything in half and we can take the half we've paid for. Needless to say, we saw him driving off to the scrapyard......Room temperature is high..
    Last edited by willysjeep; 01-13-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

/\/\/\ So his bargaining position was that if you didn't concede to his 5K price tag, he'd be forced to take it to the scrapyard where they would gladly give him 200 for it? Wow, that guy should work in the stock market.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

A friend of mine recently purchased a 3 Series... I should stop there because that's dumb enough in my opinion.

He calls me and begins to describe his new ride in excitement. He then proceeds to tell me how it is an automatic and a semi-automatic transmission all in the same car and that he can shift gears just like the race pros.

I then initiate to tell him that what he has is called a torque converter...

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post

I then initiate to tell him that what he has is called a torque converter...
    that probably sounds totally awesome to him.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    /\/\/\ So his bargaining position was that if you didn't concede to his 5K price tag, he'd be forced to take it to the scrapyard where they would gladly give him 200 for it? Wow, that guy should work in the stock market.
    As i said there: His IQ is room temperature
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

I have a friend who, after months of talking and searching for a car (2005 model yr and up Nissan Maxima for less than 15K and very lo. mileage), finally bought a 2009 Camry SE.

So he told me about how cool it was, the awesome handling and all, and how he wants to get these "awesome" leather seat covers for his car from Kragen and all the cool stuff there.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I know this guy who wants to tune his toyota celica.
    Last edited by whiteballz; 01-14-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    what an asshat!
    i heard this one guy put a manatee in his mini.

edit: pics of w427 in 'nats thread pls
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

This is when people should learn that FWD just doesn't work on so called "hot" cars.

You could do alot worse than my celica..

'scuse the photography, it was almost pitch black.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by whiteballz; 01-15-2009 at 02:42 AM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    This is when people should learn that FWD just doesn't work on so called "hot" cars.
    would have been funny if he meant a RA22 or GT4 celica

You could do alot worse than my celica..

'scuse the photography, it was almost pitch black.
    you need better suspension/rubber

Im just hoping the coilovers dont have a leak. Coz that'd suck.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information