Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

This guy had his dads 308 HJ Statesman and wound it up to 140kmh down a side street. Narrow enough to make it impossible to see any cars or kids entering the road. Hit the brakes at the end where it met a main road and they natrually faded ( rear drums ) and he ended up half way accross the road. Luckily no one coming anywhere. Then on his way to school one day took off at a level crossing after the train had gone and didnt wait for the lights to stop. Watched in horror as the next train passed behind the car missing the boot by inches. I think I used up most of my good luck in those two scrapes. Certainly were cheap lessons , cheaper than I deserved, but reshaped how I thought about driving at a relatively early age.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    This guy had his dads 308 HJ Statesman and wound it up to 140kmh down a side street. Narrow enough to make it impossible to see any cars or kids entering the road. Hit the brakes at the end where it met a main road and they natrually faded ( rear drums ) and he ended up half way accross the road. Luckily no one coming anywhere. Then on his way to school one day took off at a level crossing after the train had gone and didnt wait for the lights to stop. Watched in horror as the next train passed behind the car missing the boot by inches. I think I used up most of my good luck in those two scrapes. Certainly were cheap lessons , cheaper than I deserved, but reshaped how I thought about driving at a relatively early age.
    that was you?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    that was you?
    Affirmative.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

We were stopped at this red light, and we found a dude with a rig who had tried to tune it up and all.He had less then like 3 inches of ground clearence, but still tried to get over the huge bump in the road.He ended up getting stuck on it, but luckily he had the hp to get the big thing over it.

This nice big dodge ram I think it was, with this upgraded engine in it had the next misfortune.He had these huge tires on it, so he thought with all his upgrades and all it could take anything.So he loaded it up to the max and floored it.He ended up blowing the right rear, and it looked like he had hydrolics, cause it had the left front tire up in the air.Way up.The funny thing was he was about to hit this tuner car on spinners if he hadn't have gotten the flat.

Weird eh?
    Your car is like a reflection of you.You'll know it's me in that orange Eclipse on spinners.

It's about 1993, I'm in high school, and it's final exam time, so everybody is getting out of school at like noon and is all fired up for summer. My girlfriend at the time and myself are getting a ride home from my best friend in his Dad's big '84 Ford Pickup that he borrowed. We're going to leave the school parking lot, when another friend (who I never really liked and today is a mortal enemy) pulls up in his parents' Suzuki Sidekick. He pulls up next to us, facing the opposite direction so we're driver-to-driver, we're discussing what we're doing that night. So we go to leave and Suzuki-idiot-boy decides he's going to be cool and burn some rubber, which of course requires a neutral drop in his automatic Sidekick. What this drooling moron forgot is that his front wheels were cranked to the left, so he drops it in gear, and peels out.....right into the rear quarter panel of the Ford. We're sitting in the cab of the Ford, dumbfounded at the supreme idiocy we have just witnessed. We ended up pounding the dent out of the Ford, the Suzuki needed a new bumper and lights, about $1100 USD damage.

Not so much idiotic ( have to say that itr was my brother )

He was sitting at the lights in his Bagheera.
    ( French small sportscar )

Tuned Rover SDi appears beside hime ( huge BMC lump with V8 )

The Rover blips the throttle and looks over to brother, who has left common-sense in the office that day.

So as the lights turn green the Rover blasts it and brother dumps the clutch with engine on 5K expecting to take off.

Well usual French incompetency and abaility to always ruin a great car by failing to spot the obvious means the car doesn't have an engine stabilising bar.

So the engine promptly tears itself out of it's engine mountings and drop the engine, gearbox and have the suspension onto the floor.

That weekend we designed a pair of stabilising bars and fitted it to mine and after 3 months iin the garage to his

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Not so much idiotic ( have to say that itr was my brother )

He was sitting at the lights in his Bagheera.
    ( French small sportscar )

Tuned Rover SDi appears beside hime ( huge BMC lump with V8 )

The Rover blips the throttle and looks over to brother, who has left common-sense in the office that day.

So as the lights turn green the Rover blasts it and brother dumps the clutch with engine on 5K expecting to take off.

Well usual French incompetency and abaility to always ruin a great car by failing to spot the obvious means the car doesn't have an engine stabilising bar.

So the engine promptly tears itself out of it's engine mountings and drop the engine, gearbox and have the suspension onto the floor.

That weekend we designed a pair of stabilising bars and fitted it to mine and after 3 months iin the garage to his
    A detect a hint of masochism in your faith to French cars Boyracers appear to have no age limit.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    A detect a hint of masochism in your faith to French cars Boyracers appear to have no age limit.
    Made me probably because it's 100% right.
    At least my masochism hasn't extended as far as buying an Italion motorbike - which in Scottish summers is a catastrophe

( em, I should have added a 'yet' on the buying choice )

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Made me probably because it's 100% right.
    At least my masochism hasn't extended as far as buying an Italion motorbike - which in Scottish summers is a catastrophe

( em, I should have added a 'yet' on the buying choice )
    Well a good love-hate relationship is not so bad (see also your story about the cleaning of the model cabinet)

Well today i was on the net and i was stiring one bloke up about skylines saying opur are diffrent untill kometda decided to sitck himself in it and while some of the facts he stated where some what close to what they where he got nearly all of it wrong
    His biggest offences saying the r31 silloute wasnt australian ok thats a tought one but given the sillouttes local contenet and compare that say with the commaodre coughopelcough of the time it wastechniclymore austrlain then australias own car
    He seemed to think motor sport other then 1% had no rules or devolpment outside of engines which is just through and though ignoreence
    He didnt seem to think that austrlian had any tuneing houses or raceing firms other then FPR or HRT when we have raceing and modifying firms both accredited and other wises for nearly everything under then sun.
    He got excedingly ass hurt over the fact i didnt add the naturaly aspirated in saying it needed a v8 engine to comply with v8 super car rules.
    He seemed to think the VS HRT v8 super cars were 2 doors. (where did that one come from?)
    and he seemed to think avesco didnt own the v8 super cars series only the konica series.

Everytime i go on that chat rooms i suually come oput wit a name to add to my "LIST"

how do i get a picture by my name

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER_TUNED
    how do i get a picture by my name
    Click on User CP at the top left of the page and either pick a standard avatar or create and upload your own. The max pixesl size is 90x90.
    If you need more help there's an avatar thread you can seek assistance in. Some of us are happy to do a quidk resize if you don't have the tools.

I actually sent him a message about that....your modsare quite vigilent that way

I have a friend who claims he did 140 mph on his Honda CR-V. After we messed up with him a little bit he said that it was actually kmh and that he never said mph........ (yeah right)
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 03-12-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Hey matra i was just wondering if you had any information about MATRA maeking a v12?...iwas talking to some jack ass from canada who believes he has one im curious to know if such a beast ever existed....i have my doubts...and hes makeing claims of 720hp

Thread Information