View Poll Results: The Best driver for Williams in 2005?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Coulthard

2 28.57%
  • Anthony Davidson

3 42.86%
  • Nick Heidfeld

0 0%
  • None of these guys

2 28.57%

Thread: Williams Test For Davidson

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia

Williams Test For Davidson

BAR test driver Anthony Davidson and Jordan racer Nick Heidfeld will test for Williams, as it seeks a second driver to join Mark Webber.

Antonio Pizzonia, who is also in line for the drive, is already contracted as a test driver and will also spend time testing this autumn, but there has been no mention of a test for David Coulthard, who has been widely tipped as another contender for the seat.

A Williams statement said: "These tests are intended to assist the process of determining the team's full driver line-up for 2005.”

Davidson, who regularly featured in the top times for BAR during Friday practice sessions this year is scheduled to drive for Williams at Jerez on December 1, while Heidfeld’s test will take place from December 9, also at Jerez.

Williams was left looking for a second race driver after Jenson Button’s plans to join the team were thwarted.

Should Pizzonia, who will test alongside Webber at Barcelona on November 24, get the race seat Williams will be in the market for another test driver.

original article: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31538
    ================================================== =====

Williams should get a more experienced driver like DC instead... Anthony is good, but may not be good enough to be a full time driver for a big team like BMW williams... bmw shouldnt even think about getting Nick, he hasnt prove that he has what it takes to be an F1 driver... if williams was to get Nick into the team... the williams could well be the next Jaguar next year... thats what i think anyway.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Webber apparently doesnt respect Pizzonia either, so they'll hardly be the best team mates
    I am the Stig

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    The Williams is NOT looking good at all for the 2005...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

they'll be itching to improve on 2004's car at least, and Webbers the sort of driver that gives the engineers what they need to improve it, rather than simply being a "driver", but as Matra's said before, Coulthard would be the best pick for developing a new car
    I am the Stig

Coulthard doesn't have that "edge" anymore though. This is a difficult choice for ´Williams. I guess Button was the perfect choice...

Pizzonia isnt fast enough, Coulthard has the wrong attitude towards racing..not to mention his bad relationship with williams since he left last time, and his recent awful race results. Heidfeld isnt motivated enough, though BMW would prefer a german driver. Davidson on the other hand was faster than any other test driver last year and in many cases faster than race drivers while on flying laps. If he is chosen for the seat he will be an excellent qualifier and hopefully produce the goods on track.

definitely davidson
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

100% behind Davidson, if u look at the lap times he put in at testing for BAR , they are more than impressive.He as often been faster than ferrari's own test driver Luca Badoer. yes it is only tests but he is on fast son of a gun...
    I think Coulthatrd would be a good test driver. That way williams would get his experience without the burden of his racing
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

DOn't know about the closed test sessions.
    But Davidson was always running non-race setups when doing qualifiying runs.
    BAR cleverly used him to get figures for the team to translate into the race setups for the other cars. On some tracks he even ran parts that weren't allowed !!
    So I think it's hard to compare his faster times with others on the track.
    Still a good up and coming driver for sure though.
    I still hold that EVERY team needs ONE driver who uses experience to develop the car and another driver to go balls-out. So think Coulthard still makes sense for a couple of seasons to go.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information