Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stroll in the Koenigsegg HQ

stroll in the Koenigsegg HQ

Well. Went there to do a story for a Swedish website which will go online in a month or so.

I have interviewed Mr Koenigsegg on behalf of Ultimatecarpage.com but this time with a new model out and everything I had many questions to ask.

Here is some stuff we I found out.

The new CCR is being prepared for the top speed run later this year. A rollcage has been installed. I sat in the car which was taken apart. I customer has driven a CC8s in 380 km/h so far. They say that the car is likely to do 400 but officially they are only attempting to beat their old top speed of 360-something.

Top Gear wants them to hand over the CCR for the testlap but during this time of the year it's so cold that Koeingsegg aren't interseted in setting a time which is worse due to the weather conditions. The same thing with the North Loop. Sport Auto wants their car to do a lap but this time of the year, according to their test driver Loris, you loose atleast ten seconds per lap. So these highly interesting tests will be executed in the spring hopefully.

The car looked amazing. Too bad the weather did not permit a ride or a drive for that matter . The new facilities also look astonishing. Overall the now profit-making company is very impressive in all aspects. From last years 22 employees they are now over 40 and they produce one car per month.

When going to Dubai they kicked SLRs, CGT and Enzos Ass...

One guy surfed in on the Koenigsegg website. Sent an email, transferred the money and then showed up to pick up his car. His first comment was "oh, so thats what it looks like"

There is alot of confidence behind Mr Koenigseggs words, in the future we will see if all that is true.

Since the introduction of the CCR only one CC8S has been ordered. Almost every CCR is ordered in the same orange color as they showed in Geneva.

One car is now ordered in polished Carbon Fibre (think Daur EB110SS and 962). Will probably look amazing.
    ____

I have alot more stuff to share if you only ask.

Hi btw. I haven't posted on this forum since the first week it was up. I guess you guys will have to see me here more from now on.
    Last edited by Nogger; 11-09-2004 at 10:04 AM.

The photographer sent me a few pics... Awful quality but pics nonetheless... The last car I'm sitting in is a cc8s which is being converted into a CCR with an added rollcage for the top speed run on Nardo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nogger; 11-17-2004 at 06:23 PM.

OMG YOU... YOU DAMN YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i want to go

Nice pics mate
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

we have more than a hundred pics. I can post a few I guess as soon as we get them watermarked.

damn, that is HOT! I can't wait to hear the top speed numbers!

Welcome back, Thomas. We really have to ask? Of course we want you to post more. More pics and more information!
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    damn, that is HOT! I can't wait to hear the top speed numbers!

250 Mph

800+BHP
    700lb/ft torque

1/4 mile in 9 seconds from standstill

now you see why i love it
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

but that 250mph is only claimed, not proven. I really doubt it will reach exactly 250mph. for now, I get to look forward to the number........

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    I really doubt it will reach exactly 250mph. .

You think, i agree with it since magazined are now publishing that it can do 250 and so are the company

Quote Originally Posted by Nogger
    we have more than a hundred pics. I can post a few I guess as soon as we get them watermarked.
    Do you have any pics of that blue Koenigsegg in the back? looks astonishing!

When going to Dubai they kicked SLRs, CGT and Enzos Ass...
    I don't doubt it

The blue is only a design dummy. It's made out of wood I think. We have quite a few of that one. There are more on the net if you are intersted.

The blue is only a design dummy. It's made out of wood I think. We have quite a few of that one. There are more on the net if you are intersted.
    Nope, not really interested in a car made out of wood... Looks real in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Welcome back, Thomas. We really have to ask? Of course we want you to post more. More pics and more information!
    Be patient my friend. Patience is the key to understanding.

Be patient my friend. Patience is the key to understanding.
    Nevermind him, he is impatience personified.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Nevermind him, he is impatience personified.
    ...and impatience is the reason for ignorance...

Thread Information