Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stroll in the Koenigsegg HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    250 Mph

800+BHP
    700lb/ft torque

1/4 mile in 9 seconds from standstill

now you see why i love it
    I've actually read 10 seconds quarter mile from standstill. 9 seconds would be impossible with only 800 hp.

nnogger you are one very very lucky persson...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

They took me out in the black car that was at the Sydney show this morning.

Utterly amazing.

The soud is great till about 5000rpm then it just screams this awesome song - intoxicating.

The quick drive we went for (~40 mins) showed the car has perfect manners in traffic, but with a little touch of the loud pedal and the gap to the car in front disappears in a blink (really annoying ). The only chance to open it up (off the bridge and over the Cahill expressway) was quickly spoilt by running out of road!

Without the nose raising button the car did not hit on speedhumps or pot holes so it is actually useful around town.

I will provide a furter report after the track day in a couple of weeks.

I'm still shaking.....

track day.... where's that being held at?

When I flew down to the SYdney Show, I talked to the Koenigsegg Rep, not the good looking blonde girl, for about 1/2 an hour and found out ALOT about CCR's in Australia. Sydney show was 1 month ago now i guess, and the rep saiod the car would be road worty n registered in 3 weeks, so I presume, since your driving it around town, its is road worthy now?

Apparently, another 3 CCR's are on order for Australia, and this black one was the first to arrive.

I can't really remember much else for talking to the rep ,too busy starring at the video in the background, and the blonde in the black dress
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

It's near to road legal in the US. Minor modifications must be made to the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by driftnWRX
    I've actually read 10 seconds quarter mile from standstill. 9 seconds would be impossible with only 800 hp.

whatever it still beats the enzo by miles
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogger
    ...and impatience is the reason for ignorance...
    You're both on my list.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticCarSite
    track day.... where's that being held at?
    Wakefield Park, date TBA (sometime in the next month or so).

I was told the black car is sold, and another person has a deposit on two of them. A trade plate was fitted for the drive, so no permanant rego lable at this point.

They are trying to convince me to skip buying a Noble and put my deposit down now. Tempting...........

yer, the black CCR is sold. It was sold before it even came into the country.

Still not registered, geez. Im not an Enzo fan at all, but I mean, surely, if the Enzo cant be registered [or can it?] in Australia, what chance has the CCR got? I know hte only legal place to drive an ENzo is in the NT.

What Noble are you after? The M12 GTO3-R that came into the country about 2 months ago? the silver one from the Sydney show? OR hoping for a new M14 if and when they come here?

As much as I love Noble cars, by the time they arrive in Australia, the GST costs, dealer costs, etc etc, you are paying an extra 30% on top of the base price. Its just to expensive. If your going to lash out, you may as well lash out in style, with bragging rights lol. THe Noble is as you would know, the perfect track car, where as the CCR is the ultimate all round supercar. Nobles are reknowned for their not so great driving around town, which is a shame, because they are strikingly gorgeous cars.

It's interesting that you say, 1 guy has purchased 2? I find that rather odd actually, why 2?
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

Koenigseggs in Australia

Still not registered, geez. Im not an Enzo fan at all, but I mean, surely, if the Enzo cant be registered [or can it?] in Australia, what chance has the CCR got? I know hte only legal place to drive an ENzo is in the NT.
    New owner may not want the registration to be known (and traced back to themselves?) at this time? May not know which state it will be registered in yet (Vic is as far as I am aware the cheapest) and where it will be mainly used? All pure speculation, it is not that important to me - If Con and Jim tell me it is registrable then what more is needed to be known?

What Noble are you after? The M12 GTO3-R that came into the country about 2 months ago? the silver one from the Sydney show? OR hoping for a new M14 if and when they come here
    There is two M12 GTO - 3Rs here at the moment there was both a blue and silver one at the show at different times. The first one in has been pulled apart and reassembled for ADR compliance, the fit and finish of the second one in was much better (probably due to not being pulled apart).

The M14 won’t be here for at least 2-3 years.

As much as I love Noble cars, by the time they arrive in Australia, the GST costs, dealer costs, etc etc, you are paying an extra 30% on top of the base price. Its just to expensive. If your going to lash out, you may as well lash out in style, with bragging rights lol. THe Noble is as you would know, the perfect track car, where as the CCR is the ultimate all round supercar. Nobles are reknowned for their not so great driving around town, which is a shame, because they are strikingly gorgeous cars.
    List price on the Noble is $195k, lots of performance for a 1/2 of the price of the new 430 (guessing) and I don’t think its seriously uncool (TG)! The Noble I can have much sooner, the CCR is still a couple of years to go.

It's interesting that you say, 1 guy has purchased 2? I find that rather odd actually, why 2?
    At least one will be for racing.

For those who didn’t make it to the show I've attached a pic of Sammy (who I though is cuter) and Kristy (on the right).
    Attached Images Attached Images

interesting....

for the record, I prefer blondes. When I was there, I saw both, just as they were switching voer "shifts", all my pics are with the blonde.

What you say about the list price of the M12 GTO 3R being 195k, I mean, thats the price of a 996 Turbo isn't it [Im just guessing]

I mean, up here in Brisbane, there is a 2002 plate silver 360 Spider, 2nd hand, for "only" $250k, which is really quite cheap considering
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com

My desire to own a 911 cannot be understated, I grew up in the '80s seeing these as the car people bought when they wanted to pretent they were successful.

It will be interesting to spend some time in the Noble, as everytime I drive a Ferrari people want to race you everytime you stop at the lights.

BTW both the girls are based up your way so when you are out on the town you might meet them.

well, TECHNICALLY, Im on the Gold Coast I just say Brisbane because well, its a capital city.

I do know quite a few promo girls, Amity Evans for one, one of the faces of FHM. , but now we're wondering off track..

"It will be interesting to spend some time in the Noble, as everytime I drive a Ferrari people want to race you everytime you stop at the lights."

It may not be anywhere near as common as a Ferrari, especially in Oz, but being a car that looks like a racer [which as both you and I know, it is] you are BOUND to get guys in 200sx's n Supras wanting to do you at the lights..... The look of the GTO 3R doesnt help its cause with the over eceentric rear wing either....
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com

Beating a Ferarri is the ego boost, not something that looks like I would have drawn it as a 10yo (not that thats a bad thing). In that case it might be safer in this reguard - I'll have to drive it and see. Would be fun showing up the guys at track days in something they have never heared of though. For many of those who don't know what is underneath it may be the biggest mistake they have yet made in what to pick on - now I just have to learn to drive better.

Thread Information