View Poll Results: Childhood dream car...

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMW (YEAH!!!!!!)

13 8.55%
  • Porsche

17 11.18%
  • Ferrari

37 24.34%
  • Alfa Romeo

2 1.32%
  • Maserati

4 2.63%
  • Jaguar

5 3.29%
  • Mercedes-Benz

9 5.92%
  • Alfa-Romeo

1 0.66%
  • Bentley

2 1.32%
  • Other________

62 40.79%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What was your childhood dream car???

Intermeccanica Italia - Love at first sight
    Last edited by Motorace; 01-24-2007 at 11:09 PM.

1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto. My parents had one and I never forgave them for selling.

The Porsche 911. Still love it, but not as much as I used too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

1985 Ferrari GTO
    Zag when they Zig

This thread is originally from 2003.

Oh well, I remember liking the Testarossa and the Sierra Cosworth as a kid for some reason.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Other______Ford Mustang GT

My childhood dream car was a BMW M3. I've always really liked BMW's since I was a young child.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Actually my childhood dream was "a muscle car", later honed into the '70 Chevelle SS454 LS/6. I was also always into Ferrari 308's, mostly because my aunt has one. And the ghostbusters mobile (a '59 Cadillac ambulance, probably an H+H or a Miller + Meteor model) always captivated me too.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I'm a bit embarrassed by them. Umm there was the Aston Martin DB7, Mercedes 500SL, Ferrari 355, Ferrari F50, Mercedes SLK230 and the Mercedes CLK320. Yea that was most of the cars that i had posters of. They were always my dream cars.

toddler: didn't know
    kid: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Mazda RX-7 FC3S/FD3S
    young adult (now): TdF Blue Ferrari 360 Modena/Spider, or CS
    |
    |
    |
    \ /
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Back in the 90's I used 2 dream alot about the Ferrari F50.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Three of my childhood dream rides: (The 4th's a Helicopter thou)

RX-7s??? F50? you guys are too young to know anything bout dream cars of childhoods.... here goes mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

There were some childhood dream cars, I'm pretty sure of that, but my memory of them was blown away with the advent of the Lamborghini Miura S.

I walked past a dealer selling a mint, 2nd hand, red & black one on my way to college every day. I stopped often to admire it, sit in it... almost worship it and eventually the dealer took pity on me and although he knew I couldn't afford it, let me take it for a drive....... OMG, this became the ONLY car in my world for a loooooong time!

Even now, the memories are crystal clear, the V12 growling and then screaming, inches behind my head, looking in the rear view mirror and having to squint past the HT leads to see (somebody wrote of this car that it was an F1 in street clothes and if you wanted to know if someone was behind you, you don't look in the mirror, you look at the speedometer!)
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Best of Both Worlds: Euro-American Hybrids

Quote Originally Posted by pAinTrAin
    Always a Ferrari or Classic American Muscle (69 Camaro, and I still dream about owning one.)
    Me too! - You might consider a Euro-American Hybrid like an Intermeccanica Italia, an Iso Rivolta, a Bizzarini Strada, etc... You get the best of both worlds - a stunningly beautiful, handbuilt steel body with a hand-sewn interior, propelled by gobs of American musclecar torque, and you can give it a complete tune up for less than you'd spend on just one of the two distributor caps the Ferrari would need.

Other Euro-American hybrids include Shelby's Cobra (his original AC body was styled after the early Touring-bodied Ferrari 166 Barchetta), The TVR-Griffith, the Sunbeam Tiger, Facel Vega, Monteverdi, Bitter, Ghia 450SS, Apollo GT, Murena, DeTomaso Mangusta, Pantera, (the list goes on and on... but this illustrates the idea that there are a lot of possibilities for having both great styling and great performance without having to pay uber-exotic prices. That was why these cars were built in the first place; and until recently, their American engines have been keeping their prices relatively low compared with euro-engined exotics... (but that seems to be shifting recently as muscle cars appreciate).

Ok, I know that original Shelby's appreciated a long time ago because of their racing pedigree... & Bizzarinis haven't been cheap for 20+ years (same reason), but only a few years ago, DeTomaso Mangustas and Panteras were $25k at Rick Cole auctions, and Intermeccanica's Apollos & Italias still remain nearly undiscovered by the collector car world.
    Last edited by Motorace; 01-25-2007 at 11:30 AM.
    Honi soit qui mal y pense

When I was younger my father and I never missed the DC Auto show. Thing is, it was the worst show ever. It was all consumer cars, no concept cars or sports cars. In fact, the best it got one year was two local guys allowing their Lotus Esprit and Lambo Countach for the weekend viewing. I always was fascinated by the "all mystical" Ferrari growing up, so thats what got my vote.

Thread Information