Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Americans eye NZ after Bush victory" Hilarious!

"Americans eye NZ after Bush victory" Hilarious!

This is out of the local paper.

A flood of interest from Americans wanting to move to New Zealand following the re-election of President George Bush has been welcomed by Prime Minister Helen Clark.
    "We regard US Migration as very desirable" She said.
    The immigration service website had 10,300 hits from the United States the day after its presidential election, more than 4 times the daily average of 2500. There had also been up to 300 telephone calls and emails a day compared with about eight before the election.
    For the first time in history New Zealand had been actively recruiting migrants, Miss Clark said.
    The US was viewed as a place from which New Zealand could get high quality skilled migrants, she said.

Matt, forget Canada, New Zealands arms are wide open

yep, i saw this too. Strange...300 telephone calls and emails a day compared with about eight before the election! what an increace.

its about a 380% increase or there abouts...
    good thing theyre goin to NZ, they wouldnt be welcome here thanks to the bloody govs immigration policies
    The Datto will rage again...

It's incredible how many of 'em are going North now... they featured and interviewed a whole bunch of 'em on our national radio today

I'm coming too guys, save a place for me to live.

it was funny though cause they had this thing on the news today about camera phones used for poerving on people at Bondi Beach, and 2 of the people they interviewed about it just so happened to be american
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    This is out of the local paper.

A flood of interest from Americans wanting to move to New Zealand following the re-election of President George Bush has been welcomed by Prime Minister Helen Clark.
    "We regard US Migration as very desirable" She said.
    The immigration service website had 10,300 hits from the United States the day after its presidential election, more than 4 times the daily average of 2500. There had also been up to 300 telephone calls and emails a day compared with about eight before the election.
    For the first time in history New Zealand had been actively recruiting migrants, Miss Clark said.
    The US was viewed as a place from which New Zealand could get high quality skilled migrants, she said.

Matt, forget Canada, New Zealands arms are wide open
    PLEASE !!! do it fast get them out of here I am tiered of traffic here I need more room to drive my bad @ss Audi..... plus I'm pretty sure this guys are from New Zealand to begin with, even if there not this is the best news
    I have herd all DAY...
    Last edited by QUATTRO MAN; 11-10-2004 at 12:46 PM.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

day after the election, requests for immigration papers rose 500% still can't figure out how bush got back in with so many people wanting to leave the country now
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Maybe everybody just hates him so much...

I'm gonna be in Mexico for 2 or 3 years of his next 4 year term. HEHEHE.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I'm gonna be in Mexico for 2 or 3 years of his next 4 year term. HEHEHE.
    before you know it even Mexico belongs to the axis of evil
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Don't believe the Hype, NZ is no better than America! :P

But really. It's no surprise. Considering America is the place most workers want to go it's good for those immigrants wanting to go to the US, and those wanting to leave it.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

just imagine where you would like to live
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thats a bit unfair, you do know that theirs meant to be a Holy trinity, not unlike an Axis of Evil.......

God and the Holy Spirit must be pissed that Jesus got his own country, i mean god created the earth (Apparantly......)
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Thats a bit unfair, you do know that theirs meant to be a Holy trinity, not unlike an Axis of Evil.......

God and the Holy Spirit must be pissed that Jesus got his own country, i mean god created the earth (Apparantly......)
    JIn the past Jesus needed a temporary playground before he rejoined his father, when he returns a similar thing may happen and he has his country prepared for him.

Thread Information