Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated Car

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    No way! Robin Hoods are very poor!!
    Robin Hood is a damn car?!
    Isnt that the freak who ran around carrying a bow and arrow somewhere in Sherwood...?
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Unleashed
    Robin Hood is a damn car?!
    Isnt that the freak who ran around carrying a bow and arrow somewhere in Sherwood...?
    Yes, he was American doncher know. Or maybe that was just Hollywood refusing to cast non-Americans in starring roles.

The car looks awful.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    The car looks awful.
    erm, to the untrained observer it looks like EVERY OTHER Lotus 7 copy.
    The minor differences of chassis construction, inboard/outboard dampers, IRS etc aren't obvious unless you're "in the know".
    The RHs I've seen built have been pretty good.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    erm, to the untrained observer it looks like EVERY OTHER Lotus 7 copy.
    The minor differences of chassis construction, inboard/outboard dampers, IRS etc aren't obvious unless you're "in the know".
    The RHs I've seen built have been pretty good.
    hmm... a roadster... me no like...
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

hmm... a roadster... me no like...
    yeah, I can imagine not ideal with the lack of air-con
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

yeah, I can imagine not ideal with the lack of air-con
    lol... not just that... damn! are those side panels made out of wood or sumthing!? I can see some kind of grain... is that a reflection or are my eyes 'not' deceiving me... ?

lol... not just that... damn! are those side panels made out of wood or sumthing!? I can see some kind of grain... is that a reflection or are my eyes 'not' deceiving me... ?
    reflection, that's a "special" model with gold coloured Titanium coated stainless steel panels.
    yuk

That seems to be the common shape for most kit cars comming out of the UK,sick of seeing them ,they are quite lively as they weigh next to nothing as my mate had similar but they are just plain butt ugly

Quote Originally Posted by cossie
    That seems to be the common shape for most kit cars comming out of the UK,sick of seeing them ,they are quite lively as they weigh next to nothing as my mate had similar but they are just plain butt ugly
    Not "most"
    Yep, everyone usually has a 7-copy in their product portfolio.
    but you want to check out the dozens of others before passing judgement.
    Especilly GTMs - see Suka's pics of his dada.

The reason there are sooooo many copies is the handling and performance are awesome and SOME of the kits are as adjustable as an F1 car to tune for best performance on any track.

Newer ones with bike engines and seqiential gearboxes are fantastic rides and finally things like the Tiger twin-engined ones are pure performance monsters for a fraction of a big manufacturers ticket price.

Variations are around with cycle wings, running boards and fully enclosed body versions.
    Others have more 'smooth styling and fantastic interrios - Donkevoorts, again pics are up on UCP.

The growth of 7 copy sales in the UK is down to the HUGE increase in trackdays and racing by "ordinary guys: taking up the sport. We're so lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    corvette Z06
    A corvette is a Supercar???
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

maybe quaife or nobel - most people havent ever heard anything about these manufacturers, they have very exciting cars though

Not "most"
    Yep, everyone usually has a 7-copy in their product portfolio.
    but you want to check out the dozens of others before passing judgement.
    Especilly GTMs - see Suka's pics of his dada.

The reason there are sooooo many copies is the handling and performance are awesome and SOME of the kits are as adjustable as an F1 car to tune for best performance on any track.

Newer ones with bike engines and seqiential gearboxes are fantastic rides and finally things like the Tiger twin-engined ones are pure performance monsters for a fraction of a big manufacturers ticket price.

Variations are around with cycle wings, running boards and fully enclosed body versions.
    Others have more 'smooth styling and fantastic interrios - Donkevoorts, again pics are up on UCP.

The growth of 7 copy sales in the UK is down to the HUGE increase in trackdays and racing by "ordinary guys: taking up the sport. We're so lucky
    The thing is I have checked out a few,been in my mates a few times and yeah it is very go-kart like but if the tail steps out it is a real handful,I wouldn't dare put any powerful engine in it,it would be very out of control,not enough weight over the rear.It seems they are quite popular in UK as the drive trains/parts readily available are really only small engines(unlucky you) where as in OZ or the US where the availability of large engine and cheap parts allow the average joe bloggs to build a REAL race style car with Real style horsepower which put in a small bodied car equals ALOT more fun(lucky us ).I've played around in a few comp go-karts and they are the closest thing to REAL racing but still not as much fun as a high horsepower car ,anyway doesn't matter what U do to them they still are butt ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    TVR used to be but now they are getting known as a great performance car
    Actually they are not known as well over here. I should have said TVR in the colector car market. If you like anything from MG's to Cobra's it seems to fall into that range yet you can still find an old v8 TVr for what an MG sells. And old MGB's don't go for much here.

Quote Originally Posted by cossie
    The thing is I have checked out a few,been in my mates a few times and yeah it is very go-kart like but if the tail steps out it is a real handful,I wouldn't dare put any powerful engine in it,it would be very out of control,not enough weight over the rear.
    Not a lot of weight over the front either, so it's actually quite well balanced.
    What did your mate have ? Some kits are very simple on the rear and lack DeDion for live or ant-roll bars for IRS.
    200BHp bike engines and they're fine.
    The Westfield Seight has the Rover aluminium V8. Put enough rubber on the back and it's completely controllable.
    Handles about as good as you'll get for a RWD
    It's only a smaller version of the Cobra !!!
    It seems they are quite popular in UK as the drive trains/parts readily available are really only small engines(unlucky you) where as in OZ or the US where the availability of large engine and cheap parts allow the average joe bloggs to build a REAL race style car with Real style horsepower which put in a small bodied car equals ALOT more fun(lucky us ).
    Lots of big engines going in them, for sure don't know anyopne who's gone beyond 4L.
    But any more is pointless for something weighing 500kg
    AFAIK the REAL problem in the US with Lotus 7 copies is your draconian governments rules preventing you freedom of ownership of any type of car !!!
    I've played around in a few comp go-karts and they are the closest thing to REAL racing
    No suspension, limited adjustments as the wheels are too small to make a difference. It races the question what "turns you on" on track, is it getting the fastest laps and the sewwtest balance through the corners or is it chucking it in and throttling it out. I admit to loving both
    Karts are great fun and a definite niche in racing, but they're nowhere near the closest to real racing. Check out modified saloon and GT cars. You can even do some for not much more than a full competition kart. ( Certanly not at the top, my nephew did the British championship when he was 14-16 and it was not far off the cost of running the Audi in the Scottish Rally championship !!! New engien EVERY race to be competitive )
    but still not as much fun as a high horsepower car ,anyway doesn't matter what U do to them they still are butt ugly
    For sure .... they're classic Colin Chapman, function over form
    A bit harsh maybe as there are WAY more cars sold in their millions that are a lot worse !!

reflection, that's a "special" model with gold coloured Titanium coated stainless steel panels.
    yuk
    very good... 'Yuk'... I couldn't have said it any better myself...

Thread Information