Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated Car

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Same here. Agreed.

I just don't like it's looks as much, I think the rear deck is just too big and flat
    I don't understand why it is so unpopular. What more could you want. High performance mated to great reliability. I think it is unpopular because people are so ignorent that they don't like the idea of a Japanese Supercar. If you gave me the choice between an NSX and a 911, I'd pick the NSX.

PS: Porsche are pretty damn reliable too.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    Supercar. If you gave me the choice between an NSX and a 911, I'd pick the NSX.
    hmm, which 911 ?
    We've agreed the NSX is a nice car to drive and VERY capable. The negative comment is on that huge rear deck. Just as the 911 'boxter-shape' lights were jsut wrong too.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

hmm, which 911 ?
    We've agreed the NSX is a nice car to drive and VERY capable. The negative comment is on that huge rear deck. Just as the 911 'boxter-shape' lights were jsut wrong too.
    Well obviously if you offered me a GT1, GT2, GT3 or a Classic RS, I'd pick them over the NSX but I'm talking about the standard Carrera.

TVR's cars, Noble 's cars, and the Ultima are all pretty much unknown to the majority hear in America, and they are all capable.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

hmm, which 911 ?
    The negative comment is on that huge rear deck.
    Think of it as a... unique feature....
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

I've played around in a few comp go-karts and they are the closest thing to REAL racing but still not as much fun as a high horsepower car
    Just something I would like to now expand on about what I said,Go-Karts to me (and alot of others including Senna) are the closest thing to real racing because there aren't as many variables to play which that in itself is the reason it is the purist form of real car racing,it brings the cars closer together and as we all know racing isn't about the car,it's about the driver.A good driver will drive ANY car fast,Schumacher proved that
    Last edited by cossie; 11-19-2004 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cossie
    Just something I would like to now expand on about what I said,Go-Karts to me (and alot of others including Senna) are the closest thing to real racing because there aren't as many variables to play which that in itself is the reason it is the purist form of real car racing,it brings the cars closer together and as we all know racing isn't about the car,it's about the driver.A good driver will drive ANY car fast,Schumacher proved that
    and he started with karts.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ruf cause itse

Quote Originally Posted by nubarjan
    ruf cause itse

Welcome to UCP, I think this is first post I ever see where I can find head nor tail.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Possibly underrated car to me: Ever since I drove TVR's in Gran Turismo (yeah, I know, I know), I've been left with a bad taste in my mouth about them. I'm perfectly capable of reeling in a frisky rear end, but the TVR's had such snap oversteer that I never was able to much like them. Do they really drive like that?
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Possibly underrated car to me: Ever since I drove TVR's in Gran Turismo (yeah, I know, I know), I've been left with a bad taste in my mouth about them. I'm perfectly capable of reeling in a frisky rear end, but the TVR's had such snap oversteer that I never was able to much like them. Do they really drive like that?
    haha, i always did wonder how close some of the GT cars actually drove in real life. To me the TVRs that i drove (in GT1 and GT2) felt like they had dull and irresponsive steering. Like i cut the wheel (press the joystick) and they just dont turn very sharp. They also feel alot heavier than they claim to be... But hey thats just a game

SLicks and jcp, thsat's why usually anyone claiming speed, handling or times on console games gets lambasted for being a dweeb

The tail is perfectly controllable. I had posted some vids I thought of the red one doing Knockhill On the Griffin I did find it was best to trail-brake to get the fronts to bite just a little better on turn-in. Turning them with power on is like any RWD - huge induced oversteer ( much worse when power to weight ratio is very high )

When 'dragging' it it takes some clutch slip control to prevent the rears just lighting and getting NO propulsion. The problem with the lighter ones is the 'lack of grip' that comes with lightness. it needs a finesse rather than a stomp to get good launch and find the real grip that is there. With no clutch controls I struggle to see how any of these sims can even attempt to get the best even if they DID have a great physics engine ( which I've not yet found in ANY console game and only foudn bits of on PC sims )

So reacap, console games are games. Trying to extrapoloate to real life is impossible, impractical and irrelevant.My best example is the lack of 'feel' of the car slip. Without it it's impossible to get a real 4-wheel drift under power exitign a corner. They all end up like arcades Shame coz if they could get it right woudl save me a fortune on track time
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-30-2004 at 12:23 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I figured as much, the Focus on there handled nothing like it did in real life. Still, it's gonna take a long time for me to erase that stigma that TVR's have now.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    The TVR Tuscan was one of my best cars in GT, perfect handling, acceleration and speed. It was perfectly tuned of course . The Speed 12 is something else, that was indeed a car that was extremely unstable. I must admit that I never took the time to properly tune it. Now I sold my PS2 almost a year a go but I am thinking about buying one of those new small ones just to play GT4

id say.....well it depends on whats meant by under-rated. if you mean "hardly anyone knows what the hell this is, but its good" under-rated, then id say pretty much anything by noble. if you mean "its hardly ever thought of when buying a supercar (any price/power range)" then id probably say the viper for non car fanatics (seriously, how many of them think about the viper ever?) if you mean under-rated as plain not that of very much by anyone even tho its a very good deal.......no idea what to say to that
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information