Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated car.

viper, slow, hmmm, i don't really think so, and explain why its useless, and skylines have just gotten a bad rep because of all the dickheads who have them, i saw an R34 GTR V-Spec, and gawked at for about 5 mins
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Never heard of the Viper beeing overrated...
    prius is here to surprise you with unconventional wisdom
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    viper, slow, hmmm, i don't really think so, and explain why its useless, and skylines have just gotten a bad rep because of all the dickheads who have them, i saw an R34 GTR V-Spec, and gawked at for about 5 mins

the reason I believe that the Viper is over rated, is because the shit heads at sc.net are talking about how a Viper can blow off a Mclaren without leaving first gear, that's why, adn when you tell them that the McLaren would eat the Viper, they call you names.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Prius, you HAVE to be kidding me!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ight=overrated

EDIT: Threads merged.
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 08-04-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    is because the shit heads at sc.net are talking about how a Viper can blow off a Mclaren
    I haven't passed the Bar, but I'm pretty sure really that isn't a justifiable reason for believing a car is overrated
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

You can say if a car is overrated, but you can't compare 2 overrated cars.

In order to do so, first you must theoretically phrase the meaning "overrated" and quantify it.
    Failure to do so, results in a thread full of fanboys' posts
    Last edited by lightweight; 08-04-2005 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    HAHAHA that made my day!!!
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

a bunch of assholes at sc.net act like how it is the fastest car in the world, and how it can blow down a Vector
    Your point being?

a Vector would eat a viper............

................ in a drag race
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Viper overrated? If anything I would consider the new SRT-10 underrated. Most overrated car would have to be the Skyline GTR34 some people act like its god and it can blow anything off the road. I'm not a big fan of twin turbo inline 6 that can only do 0-60 in 5.2s, I would much rather up the engine size. Also the Skyline is pretty heavy which takes away from its agility, the car should have been made lighter. I have heard the skyline does not have the fun factor as some cars such as the viper. If you do not believe me about a viper being fun pick up the fun factor edition of road and track or watch the top gear srt-10 video.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Most overrated car would have to be the Skyline GTR34 some people act like its god and it can blow anything off the road. .
    I think he had the same point about the viper. apparently the viper fans that he mentioned think the viper can blow anything off the road.

Please don't make me do it again.
    post what you think is th emost overrated car of all time.

mine is, The DOdge Viper.

it's slow, useless, ugly, but a bunch of assholes at sc.net act like how it is the fastest car in the world, and how it can blow down a Vector, mclaren, lamborghini, Koingsihghkhfjkfjklahkjfjkhf, whatever.
    Yeah, Vipers sure are slow.
    0-60 in 3.9
    I'm pretty confident it could mow down a Vector, but not much else. Oh, and are you rating these cars by what some idiots at another website think?
    Nissan Skyline

rice!!!!!!!!
    all the little fanboys are always acting like their daddy's skyline is unstoppable and it could blow down a McLaren without leaving first gear.
    Skylines are overrated, but I've never heard andyone ever even remotely, symbolically or subliminally implied that a Skyline could blow a McLaren in first gear. Skylines are incredibly built machines that are unbelievably well engineered. (That doesn't mean they're the best on the road, which they are far from )

Honda Del Sol.

real solleshonda's posts.
    and lust so you know, the pic was staged, girls will never crawl over a wimpy hairdresser car.
    ALL pics are staged. I don't think girls will just be magnetically attracted to carbon fibre hoods.

I'm going to add this one again...
    Toyota Prius

This is Toytoa's mosquito light. It's drawing in thousands of unknowing buyers into this worthless, ugly car. For Toyota, it's a big marketing move, and a brilliant one at that. But if Toyota is so concerned about saving our economy and enviroment (as they have pummeled us with countless times in advertising of the Prius) they would've gotten us off gasoline and onto biodiesel. Once again, 2005 is the peak year of gasoline production, meaning from now on gas prices will go up. So even if you have a hybrid-guess what-you still have to buy gas. Every single car in the US could be run by a biodiesel facility taking up unused Arizona. Also remember that biodiesel is cheaper than any gas-hybrid. NOW-if we had a diesel hybrid, maybe it would be worth looking at, however, it's not, and Toyota has no immeadet plans to make one, so I will still say the Prius is a waste of time. The Prius is my evidence that Toyota is a more corrupt, money hungry company than Ford.
    Last edited by Esperante; 08-04-2005 at 09:29 AM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

a Vector would eat a viper............

................ in a drag race
    I f

The Vector made it to the end of the race without blowing up, catching on fire, having a massive transmission failure, or disintegrating... ever heard of quality? The viper is not overrated at all, in motortrends viper vs ford gt test, it was about .1 seconds slower through all tests, for ahlf the price. it fits nicely in the slot between vettes and supersuper cars, ex Koenigsegg

Also, a viper cold hold its own against a mclaren in first gear, might beat it (probably not), though im not sure, because the Mclarens advantage over the viper is in the horsepower, which doesnt really play a part in the launch, and the viper has a ton of torque
    Last edited by Bob; 08-04-2005 at 09:30 AM.

skyline
    pondering things

In my own opinion, it would be the McLaren F1. I know many people would disagree, but to me, it's just an ugly lump.

Thread Information