Thread: Why does chevy give names like: Xtreme and maxx to car with very little power?

Why does chevy give names like: Xtreme and maxx to car with very little power?

may as well turbo them, I think they are trying to trick the customer
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

like which cars?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

there is a funny misunderstanding going on here !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

The extreme vehicles....

are basicly named this because of their body kits. The Malibu Maxx is named for it's supposedly roomy interior.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

He's referring to the forthcoming "Aveo Xtreme", which is basically an underpowered people mover that's been riced out by the factory. I guess they're going for the low-budget-poser-wigger-"urban"-youth market.

Neon green? That's gross... besides for the 'Vette, I'm pretty disappointed with Chevy these days...

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    He's referring to the forthcoming "Aveo Xtreme", which is basically an underpowered people mover that's been riced out by the factory. I guess their going for the low-budget-poser-wigger-"urban"-youth market.

Neon green? That's gross... besides for the 'Vette, I'm pretty disappointed with Chevy these days...
    Exactly !!! ...factory riced to acquire a portion of the youth market which wouldn't otherwise have given it a second thought.

But I won't be surprised if they are a huge marketing flop ..... unless they finance a F & F 3 movie packed with riced Malibus and Grand Ams racing and beating Accords and Camrys. Thus creating a 18 month fad and appealling to a younger market for about the same length of time.

Originally posted by NoOne
    Exactly !!! ...factory riced to acquire a portion of the youth market which wouldn't otherwise have given it a second thought.

But I won't be surprised if they are a huge marketing flop ..... unless they finance a F & F 3 movie packed with riced Malibus and Grand Ams racing and beating Accords and Camrys. Thus creating a 18 month fad and appealling to a younger market for about the same length of time.
    it will be funny when some punk in an aveo extreme tries to take on a supra in a drag race
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

dont call it "rice"... dont call it "urban"... call it bad...

uhoh i hop r-34gtr296kw dosnt red dis

A blazer extreme isnt half bad... though i think all it has is a suspension upgrade a body kit and rims.
    40 OZ. to freedom.

sucky american car companies give sucky names to their sucky cars because american car companies suck! the only good american cars made nowadays are the mustang and vette.

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    sucky american car companies give sucky names to their sucky cars because american car companies suck! the only good american cars made nowadays are the mustang and vette.
    So bassicly your saying the Saleen S7 sucks? And the Ford GT40 sucks? What about the Ford Shelby Cobra concept? The Dodge Viper SRT-10 sucks also I would pesume? And the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve concept who's performance matches the Mclaren F1 LM's performance sucks too? There are plenty of good American cars so don't go saying american cars suck.

EDIT:Actually the performance of the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve beats the Mclaren F1 LM's performance.
    Last edited by carlover; 01-23-2004 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    So bassicly your saying the Saleen S7 sucks? And the Ford GT40 sucks? What about the Ford Shelby Cobra concept? The Dodge Viper SRT-10 sucks also I would pesume? And the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve concept who's performance matches the Mclaren F1 LM's performance sucks too? There are plenty of good American cars so don't go saying american cars suck.
    EDIT:Actually the performance of the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve beats the Mclaren F1 LM's performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    cant we all just get along.......would somebody please just bring back the camero
    Last edited by plexus; 02-08-2004 at 06:02 PM.
    RUBBINS RACING!

Thread Information