Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Chance of a Lifetime! Be a Hero!

Your Chance of a Lifetime! Be a Hero!

http://www.chanceofalifetime.com.au/...?p=ASP\Pg0.asp

I considered entering this but i dont have the cash, if you all put in 100 bucks i will personally have your names sprayed on my car.

Seriously though this looks like a pretty good idea. The novices race in Lanos' and the experts race in Lotus Elise's im not sure what the intermediates use though.

The prizes look pretty good as well, i wouldnt mind a seasons racing for free

So who wants to sponsor me to become the next Mark Skaife or Marcus Ambrose?
    The Datto will rage again...

I think after this year, you'd rather become the next Bright

looks pretty good though....i dont know which i'd rather though: racing in the aussie racing cars, or the Konica V8's both look like more fun than i'll ever need
    I am the Stig

So you gunna sponser me?

havent got any money yet

maybe you should hurry up and find some sponsorship for the datto then just "kindly" drop the hint that you wanna enter this thing and see what happens
    I am the Stig

maybe i should hurry up and get some sponsorship... maybe i wont bother until i get the new everything done. they might see me as worth sponsoring then.

Is that 100 americano dollars?

just show them how much you improved over the hillclimb and that should be worth something, but the sponsorships not worth something if theres nothing left to do on the car, just remember that. unless you crash of course, but you never want that to happen.

you'd want to hope though that with the 5 speed, 1.8L, extractors/exhaust, strut brace and the seat you'd be worth something to lend the car as a billboard
    I am the Stig

Its 100 Aussie dollars mate, so about 75 USD give or take

Yeh but theres other things that need to be paid for, membership fees, track day fees, tyres, petrol, servicing etc etc etc. theres always going to be something for money to go on.

I'd like to see my name on a car

I was jokin mate, i wouldnt take your money
    but thanks for the offer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    Its 100 Aussie dollars mate, so about 75 USD give or take

Yeh but theres other things that need to be paid for, membership fees, track day fees, tyres, petrol, servicing etc etc etc. theres always going to be something for money to go on.

i forgot about the running costs

with the sponsorship then i guess you could splurge out on some slicks or semi slicks at least, and not have to worry too much about their track life
    I am the Stig

mmm i think so, im going to approach QuikFit first, theyre sposed to be pretty good. something like if they can provide me with a set of semi slicks and fitting for the season then ill put a big "QuikFit" Sign on somewhere.

yeah the only thing you might come into grief over is different sponsors wanting more space.....like sponsor A might want a bigger sticker than what youve got for Sponsor B, but Sponsor B payed you more to put it there....

but yeah you might find the sponsors are more willing to sponsor you with parts rather than money, but if its tyres its not so bad
    I am the Stig

Yeh im happy with that, parts are worth money. Also have to careful who i ask, i wouldnt want an argument, like if i got quikfit then i couldnt go to say Bridgestone as theyre competition etc. Parts are good, theyre worth money

yeah especially if your getting more $$ in parts than what they'd give you to stick in the bank for when something goes wrong......and at the same time your likely to get a performance advantage. you dont think weber or holley will sponsor you?
    I am the Stig

Thread Information