View Poll Results: American Domestics VS Imports

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Domestics

16 25.40%
  • Imports(all other cars around the world)

47 74.60%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Domestic Vs Imports

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutter55
    Think about it. Name any American car (excluding classics) and I'll give you an import, probably Euro, probably British, ...
    Muscle-car: Ford Mustang beaten by Vauxhall Monaro
    You better hide before the Aussies read this and come after your blood

Vauxhall Monaro == HOLDEN Monaro pure-bred Aussie grunt !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yep, Vauxhall really don't have much money, although the Monaro is a good car.

I would choose Imports because American cars just don't work over here.

is it just me or is holden owned by general motors?

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    is it just me or is holden owned by general motors?
    I didn't even know that you were owned by GM ?

Needs an Aussie input, Vauxhall for sure are part of GM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I picked Domestic, for 3 reasons:

1. I only like classics. Most of the good ones, arguably, were American (but that's related to my next point).
    2. Most American (again, I'm talking classics) cars drive the way I drive: they were either built for cruising, or drag racing.
    3. I am American after all. I have pride for my country's products...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I chose the Imports, a few years ago when I was still into the streetracing scene I would easily have picked Domestics and still would if we were talking about cars built 30+ yrs ago, but as far as modern cars go the Imports have the best combo of performance, style reliability and of course value for your money.

BTW: Holden is very much a part of GM, but as they are not available to the U.S. market I would consider them an Import.

Yep, last time I checked Australia wasn't part of the USA, so Holden is no more American then Jaguar or Aston Martin. (Yay I'm a REAL member now)
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Vauxhall Monaro == HOLDEN Monaro pure-bred Aussie grunt !!!
    We can only wish it was pure-bred aussie grunt,but the drivetrain is from the states.

And yes Holden is owned by GM

ok first of all sciondriver that little xb looks like a box and the performance on that thing sucks 0-60 in 10.6 seconds dont belive me ask car and driver in the june 05 issue
    and turbonutter55
    Pure Off-roader: Hummer H1 beaten by Land Rover Defender 90 YEAH both of them cars suck

Retro Hatch: PT beaten by Mini Cooper THE way that the mini cooper beats the pt is because the mini is supercharged

Executive Sedan: Chrysler 300C beaten by new Merc E-class, Audi A6, I could go on... AND again those cars are not even in the same class due to the price range maybe is you said the 300c hemi or the 300c srt-8

Big-luxury sedan: Cadillac DeVille beaten by Jag XJ, merc S-class, etc. etc. OK the new product line like the CTS-V and the STS-V would kill them if they were in the same catagory the merc s-class is more then 150,000 more dollars and the jag is 30,000 more dollars with that much more money the cadillac would reign supreme

Muscle-car: Ford Mustang beaten by Vauxhall Monaro YEAH how long did it take you to find that car it only hits 0to60 in 6.1 seconds and costs more then the mustang and the mustang does 0to60 in 5.1 seconds

Supercar: Saleen S7 beaten by Carrera GT, McLaren F1, Enzo, Zonda, Koenigsegg, etc. OK then carrera gt is not close to the specs of the saleen s7 and it costs more, the Mclaren F1 hits 0 to 60 just a tad bt slower than the saleen s7 and it has 4 more cylinders and costs 1.13 million dollars, and again the enzo is the same specs it has 4 more cylinders ands costs 259,000dollars and the zonda yet again 4 more cylinders and slower 0to60 time and just as fast 1/4 mile time as all the rest and the Koenigsegg nobody has ever hear of that car and the specs are the same as the saleen S7 with 4 more supercharged cylinders also the saleen S7 has a faster top speed than any of the cars you listed in fact the only super car you did not say that would definatly beat all of these street legal cars is the bugatti veyron with its W16 quad turocharged and intercooled engine 0to62 in 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 253 mph governor limited

of you have any questionns or comments my e-mail is [email protected] try me

you suck at life.

the Jaguar is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and will KILL a Cadillac

The 300C doesn't reign supreme, it is just overrated.

The Hummer can Kill a Land Rover literally.

don't insult other people's taste in cars

so what if the Saleen S7 isn't the fastest car on earth, it is finally a proper American competeter that can hold it's own to foergin giants like Lamborghini.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutter55
    Think about it. Name any American car (excluding classics) and I'll give you an import, probably Euro, probably British, that beats it hands down. FOr starters:
    Supercar: Saleen S7 beaten by Carrera GT, McLaren F1, Enzo, Zonda, Koenigsegg, etc.
    Hmmm well if the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo with additional performance supercharger package is on the way good freaking luck with that one. Veyron will need to look out.

ok prius you suck at life and know nothing about cars because the jaguar does not kill the cadillac STS-V the 300C SRT8 does reign supreme in its class and it is not over rated an over rated car would be the corvettes

and a hummer does kill a land rover but the H3 sucks

and the saleen S7 is not the fastest street legal car it is in the U.S. and the fastest Lamborghini is not even close to the specs of the saleen S7 and it is also not the only american competitor the ford GT40 is a more common competitor in the super car race to the top

Ok lets start out here there a turbocharged pt the same engine out of the srt-4 and it runs pretty good.

The 300c is not even compared to a mercedes the cars are alot more money for what ur close to the class.

I agree on the CTS-V being better then the bmw. But not the mercedes

The hummer h1 is totally bad ass and ive nver seen a better stock truck that off roads as good.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    The hummer h1 is totally bad ass and ive nver seen a better stock truck that off roads as good.
    I've not seen ONE Hummer in professional competition for off-roading yet.

THe Humvee was designed to transport men and wepaosn at high speed over rough terrain. THAT doesnt' make it *best* at iff-road. It's certainly best at that job, but when agility and ROUGHT terrain comes into it the Humvees limitations come to the fore - and hence the Hummer's.

You wont' beat it at what it was designed for - look how close the European equivalent is in every respect

Quote Originally Posted by civicssuck
    ok prius you suck at life and know nothing about cars because the jaguar does not kill the cadillac STS-V the 300C SRT8 does reign supreme in its class and it is not over rated an over rated car would be the corvettes

and a hummer does kill a land rover but the H3 sucks

and the saleen S7 is not the fastest street legal car it is in the U.S. and the fastest Lamborghini is not even close to the specs of the saleen S7 and it is also not the only american competitor the ford GT40 is a more common competitor in the super car race to the top
    stop the fanboyish tough guy thing now.

the Jaguar can tear the piss out of a Cadillac, the 300C is OVERRATED, all it is is for little fanboys to put giant rims on, nothing else. I never said that the S7 is the fastest streel Legal car, but it shouldn't be put down like you did, it is ifnally a way for America to enter the super car market properly. (The Vector was a somewhat failed venture because of it's design flaws)
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Thread Information