Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda S2000 King Motorsports Mugen

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    im not going against you, i was just pointing out a point
    Glad to know that

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    OWNED
    The term is losing its meaning. Please use sparingly. Owned for what? Making an honest mistake or oversight?

McLaren, keep the pics coming
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The term is losing its meaning. Please use sparingly. Owned for what? Making an honest mistake or oversight?

McLaren, keep the pics coming
    Thanks for the suport mate

Quote Originally Posted by Matre et Alpine
    This time I noticed NO top cross-member on the front suspension.

So another NOT VERY SERIOUS race car then

DAMN, I wish the markting hype guys would get put up against the wall and all shot !!

sheez
    True, but does every car have to be race-prepped to the max. A stock S2K is probably stiffer than many 'period' racers that actually need lots of bracing. And can handle fair amount of competitive use. "NOT VERY SERIOUS" but still possibly a race car.

Actually, as far as this car you might be right, they might be just showcasing Mugen speed parts as King Motorsports are their distributor
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    This time I noticed NO top cross-member on the front suspension.

So another NOT VERY SERIOUS race car then

DAMN, I wish the markting hype guys would get put up against the wall and all shot !!

sheez
    ...or you can just kill probably innocent people and not listen to them instead
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    True, but does every car have to be race-prepped to the max. A stock S2K is probably stiffer than many 'period' racers that actually need lots of bracing. And can handle fair amount of competitive use. "NOT VERY SERIOUS" but still possibly a race car.
    At the risk of upsetting people fragile self-images - not aimed at you perfadv

Anyway, monocoque bodys twist.
    All of them do, it's physics and nothing to do with modern or old construction.
    To prevent that twist it is necessary to cross brace the top of the engine bay. The engine, supports and crossmemebers do a good job at the bottom. To do it PROPERLY in the top it shoould cross support the 2 uprights AND angled support to centre of the bulkhead.
    Actually, as far as this car you might be right, they might be just showcasing Mugen speed parts as King Motorsports are their distributor
    Yeah I agree. It was the reasons for me wanting to shoot allt he "hype merchants"
    Good kit of parts - actually what's surprising is that all Mugen cars I've seen in Japan and imported to UK have had cross-braces on front AND rear. Don't know why the US importer doesn't include them ( unless it's felt to be too much F&F )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    ...or you can just kill probably innocent people and not listen to them instead
    eh ?

What has shooting the "hype driven marketing chumps" got to do with listening to them ?

it's HYPE, I prefer realistic comments and usually what you find in publications focussed on motorSPORT. Mags like EVO would looooove this stuff

I'm still nto really sure of your point, but think I've responded to it above
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information