Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeeeeeeedddd...

I don't know, but its a good question. Whereas the Enzo was made as new Fezza supercar, the CGT was made around a business case, Porsche wanted to make money out it. I think they needed to sell 1,000 to break even, I think the waiting list is at about 1300 at the moment....

right now D.C. and Miami., but also London
    Thankyou for your thoughts. EVEN though I was not palnning on buying one.. if I had that kind of money.. I would be too busy making it to have time to log onto a forum. I just wanted to know what everyones' thoughts were. Personally I think that Ford GT is the best all round.. I don't think the Enzo is worth 5 Ford GTs, and the Carrera GT not worth 3..
    Mustangs/ TVRs, M3s, 911 Turbos...make me smile from ear to ear...everything else..just makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ashes2ashes
    Thankyou for your thoughts. EVEN though I was not palnning on buying one.. if I had that kind of money.. I would be too busy making it to have time to log onto a forum. I just wanted to know what everyones' thoughts were. Personally I think that Ford GT is the best all round.. I don't think the Enzo is worth 5 Ford GTs, and the Carrera GT not worth 3..

OUCH!!! so if we dont see you here "D" #1 FORUM UCP..this means you have money now???!!!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

right now D.C. and Miami., but also London
    Well not exactly, but it will mean that I will be busy trying to make it!!!
    Mustangs/ TVRs, M3s, 911 Turbos...make me smile from ear to ear...everything else..just makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ashes2ashes
    I read an article on the usual speed suspects Ford GT, Carerra GT, and the Enzo. SO I want to know, which one is the best car to own ALL ROUND, looks, money, speed, practicality, costs everything? If you could.. Any thoughts people???

Porsche Carerra GT

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03
    I thought the Enzo sold for 600 something thousand USD, and the GT is 440,000 USD im pretty sure.
    True, the Enzo's price when new was $600,000.00 USD but you can't buy a new one anymore. If you can convince an owner to part with one the going price is about 2 million USD.

Jay Leno paid $500,000.00 USD for his CGT. That seems to be the price Porsche dealers are asking
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    True, the Enzo's price when new was $600,000.00 USD but you can't buy a new one anymore. If you can convince an owner to part with one the going price is about 2 million USD.

Jay Leno paid $500,000.00 USD for his CGT. That seems to be the price Porsche dealers are asking
    Does Leno or Seinfeld own an Enzo? I'm guessing not because they think they're overpriced status symbols. Can someone clear this up? BTW, what I find hillarious is how Leno owns garages filled with supercars like the Saleen S7, CGT, Ford GT, and Classic Deusenbergs, Caddies, etc. when Conan O'Brien (his late night show is right after leno's on channel 4 at 12:40ish eastern time) owns a 1992 Ford Taurus SHO. I remember seeing the episode where he tries to sell his car at a Ferrari exhibition and everyone just laughed.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

well abut the porsche CGt value going down i dont think it would look at the 959 its price has gone anywhere but down. I think Seinfeld owns a CGT, ive seen pics of him driving it and stuff.Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Does Leno or Seinfeld own an Enzo? I'm guessing not because they think they're overpriced status symbols. Can someone clear this up?
    I think Leno does own an Enzo but I'm not possitive, Jerry Seinfeld has a CGT also, that's all he buys...Porsches, he's got the worst case of fanboyism I've ever seen!!

Besides, I don't need a celebrety to own ( or not) a car to make me want one.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Does Leno or Seinfeld own an Enzo? I'm guessing not because they think they're overpriced status symbols. Can someone clear this up? BTW, what I find hillarious is how Leno owns garages filled with supercars like the Saleen S7, CGT, Ford GT, and Classic Deusenbergs, Caddies, etc. when Conan O'Brien (his late night show is right after leno's on channel 4 at 12:40ish eastern time) owns a 1992 Ford Taurus SHO. I remember seeing the episode where he tries to sell his car at a Ferrari exhibition and everyone just laughed.
    Saw that episode absolutely pissed my self laughing,love late night Conan
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I'll start out by saying that 1. This is ridiculous since none of us can afford these cars, and 2. I'm not a fan at all of supercars. They look cartoonish to me, and have more performance that I'll ever be able to make use of, at the total cost of ride comfort and practicality.

On a straight money equation, the Ford GT is the best. Plus, I'm willing to bet that 5.4 will be almost infinitely modifyable soon, if you're willing to put up with the frustration of working on it. Not that too many people with that kind of a money work on their own cars in the first place.

The Enzo and CGT are just ridiculous, overpriced status symols to me, even more curious to me given that awful looking (to me) Enzo thing. At least the Porsche looks palatably decent to me.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Porsche's nowadays are appreciating like mad, due to their recent rise in popularity. The only thing the Cayenne is good for.

I'd take the Carrera GT out of the lot. I want top performance, and I've heard great things about the CGT's Handling. I feel sorry who feel these cars are nothing but status symbols. These cars are art, they deserve to be drooled over. This is someone's heart and soul conveyed in Mechanical form, and these cars are some of the absolute best performing cars around. I kinda wish more people could appreciate these cars for what they are, not the ego-driven fools that own them. It kinda makes me sad that so many people that buy them don't appreciate what they are, and the people that do will only be able to see them driving down the road. Granted, not all of these lucky owners follow that train of thought, but you get the general idea.

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Saw that episode absolutely pissed my self laughing,love late night Conan
    Did you see the one about his office and how small it is?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

carrera GT.
    not even a question.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Ford GT.
    The Datto will rage again...