View Poll Results: Which compact car do you like?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ford Focus

6 24.00%
  • Honda Civic

3 12.00%
  • Mazda Protege

0 0%
  • Acura RSX

10 40.00%
  • Dodge SRT-4

6 24.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compact Car

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    I don't think I understand you...you like Neon? The SRT-4 is little more than a factory turbo-job of a regular Neon. The carbonfiber Neon is a different beast, if you meant that one by drastic.
    I should have been more specific. The looks of the Neon make me want to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    I should have been more specific. The looks of the Neon make me want to destroy it.
    I wouldn't stop you from destroying a Neon, fewer Neons would make for a better world. However, its looks are its best facet, IMO.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Civic - RSX - Focus - SRT4 - Protege
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

i like the toyota echo hatch 2 door (haha we canucks have it and u yankees dont !!!) lol

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    i like the toyota echo hatch 2 door (haha we canucks have it and u yankees dont !!!) lol
    You guys get all the good ones!!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    It was between the RSX and the SRT4 for me. I picked by which one will still be running in 100,000 miles. (not the Dodge) Plus I can't get over the word 'Neon.'
    whatch what you say my friend. the srt is totally different to the neon. true the body is the same. but thats where it ends. totally different motor. totally different tranny, suspension. its just the neon chasis. the motor is bullet proof. i personally know dozens of 400+ hp "neons" running around on stock motors. all of whom have no problems. and many have been doing it for thousands of miles. some for even 20+thousand miles. i have 50,000 miles on my 275hp "neon" and going strong! true it is a neon, but get over it guys!!! drive one before you make a copout descision like that

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    But...it's a compact. If they at least made it look different from their high mileage commuter vehicle, it'd get tons more respect.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

agreed. but if they did that, it would be a different car, and would require more money to manufacture it (costs associated with production, emissions testing, saftey testing, etc...) and it wouldnt be the fastest car you can get for under $20,000.

if you look at all the "pocket rocket" market, they are all like that. the WRX STI is just a modified impreza, the EVO is a modified lancer! heck, the 03/04 supercharged cobra mustang is just a glorified GT mustang (which isnt all that impressive). the SRT4 is a modified neon. true, but its still an impressive car none the less. for having 3 performance mods in my car, i run a bottom of the barrel 13 second 1/4. not bad for intake exhaust and the cheapest computer available.

I'm not disputing the numbers it puts down or the fact that it would have been expensive to re-certify, but that just makes it easy to diss on. That's a big reason the SRT pretty much appeals to kids and not really anybody else.

I might disagree on the Cobra/GT Mustang thing. At least you can't rag on it for being based on a FWD economy car, which is mostly what holds cars like the SRT, Civic Si, etc. back.
    Last edited by jcp123; 11-22-2004 at 05:00 PM.

true. but the only similarity between the srt and the neon is the body itself! different suspension, different drivetrain, different interior. but the car is more than just power. with a tiny bit of suspension tweaking, the car is quite nimble. mine turns in on a dime. a flick of the wrist and i get in a totally controlable drift, and all it takes is a blip of the throttle and it pulls itself right out!

you have to remember what your getting though. this car is designed for the youth market! hence the $20,000 pricetag. its not meant for someone who can affort a viper.

Yeah, you and I know the mechanicals are different. To most people though, they see a Neon. That's the problem many car companies have, they make cars that appeal to a certain niche market of enthusiasts, while failing to account for the fact that most people will not be able to tell the difference between the hot model and the hum drum base model car their sister drives.

P.S., I am the youth market, too. I'm 19. I've never bought into the sport compact car thing. Or the technology thing.
    Last edited by jcp123; 11-22-2004 at 05:37 PM.

exactly. my hope was that on a forum of clued in intelligent automotive enthusiasts would be able to recognise that. but it looks like in general i was wrong (there are a handful that understand the difference between the 2). i have embarassed many a "more expensive" car at both the drag strip and the autocross track. many of whom were very cocky when going in, i heard a couple of "its only a neon", or "the neon thinks he can compete" etc...and in the end their buddies were giving them a hard time.

all im saying guys, is this: dont judge a book by its cover. look a little into it a little more before you make a descision. just because its a neon (and just for the record, it doesnt say neon anywhere on it. infact my registration and insurance both say srt4) doenst mean that it isnt impressive vehicle. judge a car by what it can do, not what its base model is

Thread Information