View Poll Results: Toyota Prius or Honda Insight?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toyota Prius all the way!

9 28.13%
  • I perfer the Insight to the Prius.

1 3.13%
  • I'd take the Civic Hybrid over them anyday!

12 37.50%
  • ewww, none, hybrids are total crap ....

10 31.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Prius vs. Honda Insight.

Toyota Prius vs. Honda Insight.

it's a battle of green machines, even though the Prius KILLS the insight in sales, and the insight is given thumbs down by major consumer magazines, the Insight might have some followers who like it, and think it is a good car, even though it is the oppisite of the Prius in the media, in my openion though, the insight is a vary crappily though out car and stevie wonder could of done a better job at designing it, but of course, that's just my openion

so make your choice, Prius, or Insight.

pics.

Prius.

insight.

so make your choice!

I don't like the Prius or the Insight at all, i think there both kinda ugly, the insight wouldnt be so bad if they exposed the rear wheel, but i'll take the Civic Hybrid.

*eewwww
    i dont like either...
    prius = big fat cow
    insight = nerd's car
    i agree ^, if they took out that rear panel covering the wheel, and a lil face lift i would choose insight more than prius....

I think that the Insight was a great idea expressed in the wrong manner.

the Hybrid drivetrain is pure good thinking, but it needs to be in a new form. the Insight is crazy looking, has a giant battery where there would be cargo space, only seats 2 people, is very noisy, is all lightly and it handles badly cause of it, has a severe interior noise problem, and can get blown off course on a windy day.

you haev to be a single guy with no life to be capable of owning an Insight.

the body design couldn't be stupider if it had a picture of r34_296kw on it, my openion.

if they could of in corperated some more juice into the system, they could of put on a bigger, better and more partical body and interior design.

The Civic Hybrid is by far the most appealing, there was really no need to go and design a car around the new powerplant, the Prius would be so much better if it were an engine option for the Corolla or even the Camry. IMHO.

if I were getting a hybrid, I wouldn't care about looks. I'de get the one this is the most technologically advanced, and has the best mileage. I voted for the Prius. However, if the Accord Hybrid were put in there my vote would be swung heavily. According to R&T, the accord hybrid will be the first V6 hybrid.

also, watch what you say. the last choice on the poll can be EXTREMELY offending for some people.
    Last edited by Sweeney921; 11-19-2004 at 04:39 PM.

Prius. better exterior.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    also, watch what you say. the last choice on the poll can be EXTREMELY offending for some people.
    Good point, i had missed it first time around, I have changed it to be more PC

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    you've made a good point.

I just got Matt to stop insulting me and if he read that he'd be back all over me again......

Insight is more of a design exercise or expriment and lacks practicality, the hybrid Civic would've been a better comp. The Prius, being a 5 seater with hatch makes it very versatile. I vote Prius. If I had to make the choice in real, I'd go with the Accord V6 Hybrid. I wanna test drive it as soon as it's available, 255 hp hybrid.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Stick a hybrid engine in a car that isn't one of the most pathetic pieces of automotive styling in the last 10 years and I might be happier.

Why does "environmentally friendly" = ugly as sin?
    Thanks for all the fish

I think most people would agree with Coventrysucks, most environmentally friendly cars have terible looks, and i think the company who designs a good looking/appealing(in terms of looks) environmentally frindly car would really make good sales in the automotive market, as most of these kind of cars do not have very appealing looks.

The CIVIC Hybrid car is probably the best looking hybrid production car that I have seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Nothin like da feelin of da pedal 2 da metal”

Lexus is coming out with a hybrid for 2005.

I got this information on it from some site:
    2005 Lexus RX 400h is world's first luxury gas electric hybrid SUV car. The hybrid car would be powered by V6 Hybrid Synergy Drive system. It will also be rated as Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle which is one of the toughest emission rating in auto Industry.

The other attraction for this hybrid car will be its Vehicle Dynamic Management or VDM. Its functionality is that it would anticipate whenever the vihicle tends to skid or slide and it also helps in controlling the situation by brakes and throttle control.

The 3.3-liter, V6 engine and 400h hybrid powertrain with powerful electric motor improves the fuel efficiency and low and mid acceleration. It could operate on gas or electic motor or combine both to have great fuel efficiency. The fuel consumption for this car is approximately 27.6 mpg. 0-60 km speed could be reached at sub-8 second time.

The 2005 Lexus RX 400h Hybrid car charges batteries by reclaiming energy at the time of braking popularly known as regenerative braking system. When the brakes are applied electri motor acts as generator which in turn captures kinetic energy and convert it to electric energy which is lost in conventional cars in the form of heat through brakes.

Specifications for 2005 Lexus RX 400h hybrid car

`` Powertrain: Engine - 3.3 liter V6
    `` Electric motor(s) - Permanent magnet
    `` Estimated total horsepower - 270
    `` Expected EPA emissions rating - Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV)
    `` Transmission - Electronically-controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)
    `` Length: 186.6 in.
    `` Width: 72.6 in.
    `` Height: 66.1 in.
    `` Wheelbase: 106.9 in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Nothin like da feelin of da pedal 2 da metal”

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    When they make a sane looking, midsize or fullsize hybrid, then i'll endorse it. No, Honda Accord doesn't cut it on the sane looking part.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Civic Hybrid. It just looks better than either of the others. Also the diffrence in fuel econnomy between it and the Prius is next to nothing.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Thread Information