Thread: Cars $5000 and Less

Cars $5000 and Less

For my first car, im looking at cars that are less than $5000 dollars possibly and wanted to get a early start on finding out which cars are good at a $5000 dollars and less. Some cars that i've been looking at are the nissan 240sx and some 850 volvos or possibly a grand prix if I can find a cheap one

Although I don't know much about cars that are this cheap so thats why i've decided to come here ! If any of you can give or list other possible cars that are cheap that can run for a long time which I could modd up the engine to and give me some info on Used cars that are under the wager and tell me other important info about the cars, it would help me out

nothign new

F-BODY'S!!!!!1!!!111!!!!1!one!!11!
    GO CANADA
    37 Courageous RCSCC
    Retired Chief Petty Officer First Class

You Can buy my car.

Anyways Its not to hard to find a decent grand prix, but for 5 grand it will probably have high milage.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    You Can buy my car.

Anyways Its not to hard to find a decent grand prix, but for 5 grand it will probably have high milage.
    If so... buy it, drive it for awhile and save up your money. Once you have enough, buy a crate enigne.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

share some of that $$, i just need about $3g's to get my rb25det engine i been wantin for sometime now.
    a 240sx can be good, and cheap($2500 USD for a stock 1, about $5000 for 1 with either a turbo or sr20 or rb20det).
    but since it would be your first car, i trully wouldn't recommend a 240sx as it tends to spin and go down the ditches on icy/wet roads. the car tends to go sideways(hence drifting:P)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Early model Mazda Miata. Enough power to have fun, but you won't kill yourself. Insurance is going to be more than average, but not as much as a 240. You live in a sunny area, so the drop top is a plus (personal opinion, really). And they're great auto-X cars.

My uncle has one, and I got to drive it a while back. Just a lot of fun. Surprisingly quick.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Actually I'm looking for an under $500 70's Toyota Corolla. Since it's Japanese, you don't have to feel guilty beating the crap out of it, it gets good mileage, look spretty decent, and it'll never ever get stolen. And they're still fun to drive in that really ghetto way.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information