Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A new game:"The facts matter"

A new game:"The facts matter"

Hello everyone!
    I would like to start a new guessing game. The idea is simple: you post some information about a brand, manufacturer or specified model and others have to guess what car is it. For example: They have their factory in Maranello. Answer: Ferrari (that was hard wasn't it? ). I hope you will like it.
    I am a junior member and I lack in experience and knowledge to run it by myself. So the one who gets the good answer is the next one to post. And if there are many wrong guesses or no guesses for long time you post next piece of puzzle. After three ones you post correct answer and next riddle (easier this time). We can always change the rules.
    First one is: This car is American. Its first production model was bought by Saudi prince Khalid.
    Have fun!

eee... i may be wrong but it can be duesenberg

You're right about the fact that you're wrong . Nope it is not a Duesenberg.

Ok. Next hint:
    This car was built much later than Duesenberg, their first model was sold in 1990, but the project started in 1972. Fast car.

Vector?
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutter55
    Vector?
    Very good Turbonutter55. The correct answer is Vector. You can post the next riddle if you want.

Ok since we have no word from Turbonutter55 I will post the next riddle:
    This famous (legendary) car was suposed to be named differently. They had to change it because other company had already reserved rights to that name. (I know, there are probably a 100 cars which would fit here. Just try to guess and wait for next hint, it should clear things for you and narrow the search)
    Have fun.

hmmmmmmmm............All that I can think of is maybe a BMW M1, it didn't really change it's name tho. It was going to be produced by lamborghini but lambo didn't have the funds. Aww this is bugging me so much, I watched a show the other day and it talked about a car that had it's name changed because another company had reserved it. I just can't put my finger on it!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

nope, not a BMW

Well the New Fiat Panda was going to be named the Gingo, but Renault started freaking out because it was too close to Twingo.......

And Holden owns the Rights to the Allroad name that Audi uses.

and the Buick LaCrosse had to be renamed in Canada because it means "Pleasuring Oneself" in French-Canadian Slang......

The possibilities are endless really.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Nope.
    Ok I know that there is a variety, but you have to pay attention to what I tell you. It's a legend (I think so) so things like fiat panda are out.
    A small hint: Before I said that they had to change name. Well "name" isn't exactly the right word. Mabe label would fit in. (just a reminder: I am not a native English speaker) Some car companies label their cars by "name" (a word, like Panda ) and other companies label their cars by ...

Porsche 901, had to become 911 as Peugeot had the rights to use a zero in the middle of a three digit type name, like 203, 403 and the list goes on.
    Peugeot never complained about the Porsche racing cars, 904/906/908
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Porsche 901, had to become 911 as Peugeot had the rights to use a zero in the middle of a three digit type name, like 203, 403 and the list goes on.
    Peugeot never complained about the Porsche racing cars, 904/906/908

Brilliant. Three minutes after the hint. Congratulations henk4. Your answer is 2 000 000% right . It was Porsche 911 and also you have given the correct reason for name change. You can post next riddle if you want to.

which brand produced the first car using 4x4 and an inline 6?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Toyota?

Thread Information