Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: porsche gt3 vs.........

for those who think TVR is a new marque, here the Griffith from the mid-sixties, fitted with a 4.7 V8 Ford, then and now terrorising the Cobra's during GT races, when it lasted, which was and is not too often.
    To be different I would choose the TVR, for quality reasons the Porsche which you can drive for more than 5000 km's before things start falling off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

haha i like the head lights

Quote Originally Posted by 16-4Veyron
    haha i like the head lights
    yes and the taillights were taken from the Cortina Mk1.

I wonder if i am the first person in the history of this website, to quote his quote of himself. im starting to think no ones listining because... they dont like me

Which one would you like to do the miles in?

I have driven Porches and TVR's but neither of these models. I have found the Porsche a good car around town. What about the TVR ?

Quote Originally Posted by fast freddy
    I have driven Porches and TVR's but neither of these models. I have found the Porsche a good car around town. What about the TVR ?

A Porsche would normally have a TVR, or any other car, beaten for the balance between performance and around town useability. However, the GT3 has a very low ride height with very firm damping, and also it has a plasticky lip spoiler type thing which hangs close to the ground. All these things combined mean that it can be a bit of a boneshaker, and is liable to leave bits of plastic spoiler behind on every speed bump! On the other hand, the T350 has developed a reputation as the best riding and best built TVR ever.

The GT3 is probably still a wiser bet because of it's bomb-proof reliability, unbeatable residual value retention, and obviously its sensational performance.

the GT3 is ahead of the tvr in the fia gt so go figure!!!!!!
    The GT3 you ******

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    the porsche gt3 vs the tvr t350t

what do you like best?

please gt3./.....
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

[QUOTE=The GT3 is probably still a wiser bet because of it's bomb-proof reliability, unbeatable residual value retention, and obviously its sensational performance.[/QUOTE]

Surely if any of us could afford to buy one of these cars then surely we could afford to get it fixed and seviced. Why bring reliability and costs into the equation? personally I'd pick the TVR, so much better looking and a car for real petrol heads. (like me)

Just recently( this month ) some 24 year old russian billionaire bought TVR for 24 million dollars.Oh, and I think the porsche would win

I would choose the TVR, it's much better looking, I bet the engine sounds amazing and it's hand built. Those who know mw here, know how I feel about the 911 series.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by phathash
    Surely if any of us could afford to buy one of these cars then surely we could afford to get it fixed and seviced. Why bring reliability and costs into the equation? personally I'd pick the TVR, so much better looking and a car for real petrol heads. (like me)
    Because reliability and costs do much to influence someone's opinion about overall quality. And that goes some way in determining what is "best" for someone. Just as an extreme example, an Enzo wouldn't be so impressive if it required a full tuneup/rebuild every month. In terms of reliability and build quality, Porsche is on a whole other level from TVR. Although the later TVR's are supposed to have improvements in quality, they still have a long way to go yet.

I don't see how the GT3 is any less of a car for real petrol heads.

I'll give the nod to the T350C for looks, but if it were my money I'd spend it on the Porsche.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alfahollic
    I dont know where i got this from but doesnt the TVR leak oil.

Not as oil as say a Spider Veloce or a 164s. Those cars are a nightmare, not so much the 4 banger Spider but the 164s for sure. I worked for Alfa as a tech for 4 years.

I do love the GT3 but the TVR is really cool in its own way. It would be a tough call.

Thread Information