Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What game has the best graphics?

What game has the best graphics?

Just to see what game made you last stand back and say "Wow."
    There are very few games out there that not only have good graphics, but they actually blow you away.
    I remember probably the first game I ever saw which made me do that was Turok 2 on the N64. Not a very good game, and I often wished nothing more than to meet the level designer so I could beat him to a pulp, but damn it had some sweet visuals and plenty of OTT gore. The next game that stepped up to the challenge was Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, I remember just sitting there for about 5 minutes just watching the game. The next one was GT3, I remember seeing the previews of the replays and I was just blown away, it looked so realistic, and it still does.

The most recent game which has made me reassess what I think is good isn't Half Life 2, nor Doom 3, but a humble little offering from Relic (I think) called Dawn of War, which is based off the Warhammer 40,000 franchise. I remember the other game FireWarrior was total crap but Dawn of War is just something else as far as graphics go, just because of the sheer scale of detail on it. You can have about 30 or 40 units on screen battling it out among each other and the animation and detail is fantastic, especially when you zoom in on the action and pan the camera across. My main regret about the game (and so many RTS's) is the lack of a Dungeon Keeper style possession ability to fully take advantage of showing off these awesome visuals, but I suppose you can't have everything.

So what do you guys think of which games not only have good graphics, but excellent graphics?

it has to be nfsu 2. its got a poor game play but the graphics are exellent

Problem with this on the PC is how much has been spent on the graphics.

Just had a few goes on mates sons PC with $400 vid card.

Absolutely AWSOME.
    Richard Burns looked lije you were IN ther real stage.
    CMR4 looked impressive too.
    Half-life 2 is superb VERY life like.

So I think it gets hard trying to compare ''bets' because few can see it at BEST
    Except on the fixed formats like PS2 and Xbox which are a year behind the state of the art hardware

So far, Richard Burns and HalfLife2 are the best EVER seen for me.

I found NFSU2 nice and glitzy on the cars and car reflectsion but a poor second for the terrain and buildings
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Project Gotham Racing 2 has superb graphics

id have to say Half life 2, makes nfsu:2 look like a atari launch game, then afta doom3, then s.t.a.l.k.e.r then halo2
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Midnight club 2 has quite good graphics aswell

the physics on half life 2 are exactly perfect to real life
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

i wouldnt go that far, alot of occasions i found the ai to be, well homer simpson dumb, i mean wtf do u do when a combine soldier is runng into a wall. Anyhow, they are very realistic, not exactly perfect.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    i wouldnt go that far, alot of occasions i found the ai to be, well homer simpson dumb, i mean wtf do u do when a combine soldier is runng into a wall. Anyhow, they are very realistic, not exactly perfect.
    You need to turn off the "American Marine" mode for the AI

"special forces" mode is better but you'll find it even more realistic to turn on "Britsh Army" aka "Australian Army", for the real challenge turn it on to "SAS"

However none of these change the GRAPHICS which is the question at this time !!!!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-21-2004 at 06:08 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Nicely said, especially the bit about the SAS, keep both parties happy....

Actually the last Colin McRae game has some damn good graphics, it had really particular attention to detail, like the rain effect on the windscreen and the way the red tape tore and stretched went you went off course (I saw that quite a lot).

What I'm trying to get at is games that not only are the best at their field, but genuinely make you stop and look at it for the sheer beauty of it. Kind of like the effect for me from seeing a Z4 in a carpark, you just have to stop and watch, you don't even need to play the game to apprectiate the graphics.

I remeber a game on Playstation years back called metal gear solid, That was unreal graphics for a game on that consol back then, Even today it's not that bad,

Todays games i think PC makes for better graphics but as for which game?............................................. Enter the matrix was very good, As is Underground2, Hitman 2 is also good, LOTR return of the king, Max payne 2.
    Then there is a game called x-files that not many people know about was fantastic to play it with real people in the game talk with scully and mulder it was unreal
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Worms, the original one (joke)

Anyone here played Far Cry? The graphics in that are fabulous. Looks real.

far cry rulzzzzz!!!!
    but i liked mafia very much

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Worms, the original one (joke)

Anyone here played Far Cry? The graphics in that are fabulous. Looks real.
    Far Cry is good, but it didn't stand out to me. I'm sure the graphics were really good, but the character design was derivative at best, and nothing cried out originality, the setting was the only thing it had going for it. Far Cry's graphics and looks were basically taken from all different games and put together. Its like the sales pitch went along the lines of "OK you know Doom? Now imagine that on a desert island."

What makes a game stand out is little details and things that noone has. You might say 'Well GT3 is just a car racing game'. Well, it is, but it was the first game to have a television style camera effect, which made the game look all the more realistic. Dawn of War is the first I've seen thats put so much detail onto the screen with good character design and layout which all ends in a game that you can just sit and watch.

Half Life 2, just cause yeh, it has graphics.......good graphics.
    i played x-files for psx.....was quite nice and scary(when played at night).
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Thread Information