Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 89

Thread: Citroen DS 1955-1975

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bremen, North Germany
    Posts
    1,242
    Citroen DS
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    Citroen DS
    judging from the license plate that is actually an ID What was the occasion?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    judging from the license plate that is actually an ID What was the occasion?
    Weren't they sold at the same time? The DS had smaller hubcaps.
    It had a part of the wheel in the color of the body.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Weren't they sold at the same time? The DS had smaller hubcaps.
    It had a part of the wheel in the color of the body.
    The ID was sold between 1956 and 1969. It started with a less powerful engine and was the first to be introduced with a 4-speed manual box
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    The ID was sold between 1956 and 1969. It started with a less powerful engine and was the first to be introduced with a 4-speed manual box
    Was the DS sold in those years? They came back to the DS name after 1969?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Was the DS sold in those years? They came back to the DS name after 1969?
    as you know French, this may help as explanation

    http://www.autoretropassion.com/ds/ds-hist.htm
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    as you know French, this may help as explanation

    http://www.autoretropassion.com/ds/ds-hist.htm
    J'ai dťjŗ entendu! Merci.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bremen, North Germany
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    judging from the license plate that is actually an ID What was the occasion?

    I never knew in which way they differ. But if you say so..
    It was at a small oldie-meeting in Asendorf.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    I never knew in which way they differ. But if you say so..
    It was at a small oldie-meeting in Asendorf.
    Have a little bit of a better look at the yellow car to the right of the DS it is much more rare the FIAT 600 Multipla

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    I never knew in which way they differ. But if you say so..
    It was at a small oldie-meeting in Asendorf.
    Aschendorf?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bremen, North Germany
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Have a little bit of a better look at the yellow car to the right of the DS it is much more rare the FIAT 600 Multipla

    of course I recognized and had more than one look at it. but when I wanted to take a shot my batteries left me alone. And when I went back with new power in the camera the Multipla was away Same happened with some other cars.


    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Aschendorf
    I think we already had this last year when I went there and told you about.
    It's Asendorf for sure..
    Once a year there's this small meeting. And for 15years I went there with only one exception.
    There's an even smaller oldtimer-museum the whole year.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    I think we already had this last year when I went there and told you about.
    It's Asendorf for sure..
    Forgot, I think, nice show though, with the sort of cars I like to include in the oddball corner, once I have the time to continue there...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bremen, North Germany
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Forgot, I think, nice show though, with the sort of cars I like to include in the oddball corner, once I have the time to continue there...

    Yes, a lot of cars there scream for the oddball corner.
    Like there were 2 AWS Shopper, a Honda S800, 2 DKW 3=6 Vans (both were great restored, got 2 pictures of one of them), Lloyd Alexander TS and so on.
    This year there even was a Matra Jet6 Targa, one of 12 built if I remember rightly.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    Yes, a lot of cars there scream for the oddball corner.
    Like there were 2 AWS Shopper, a Honda S800, 2 DKW 3=6 Vans (both were great restored, got 2 pictures of one of them), Lloyd Alexander TS and so on.
    This year there even was a Matra Jet6 Targa, one of 12 built if I remember rightly.
    It's Matra Djet. I think we already have the S800 at the Oddball Corner.
    That seems to be a very interesting event.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bremen, North Germany
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    It's Matra Djet. I think we already have the S800 at the Oddball Corner.
    That seems to be a very interesting event.
    I've always read Djet in magazines and other webpages, but on the back of the car it says just 'Matra Sports Jet6'. Do you know why? Anybody else if McReis doesn't (which would surprise me)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CitroŽn C6 2005-2012
    By Matt in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 10:24 AM
  2. Gran Turismo 5
    By Sauc3 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 03:16 PM
  3. Citroen C5 Car DVD GPS Navigation
    By euioufocu in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM
  4. Citroen DS
    By henk4 in forum Classic cars
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 04:17 AM
  5. Hide-Out Index
    By Sauc3 in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •