Thread: 03 350Z Bose Stereo Questions

03 350Z Bose Stereo Questions

Ok, here goes my series of questions for the group. I have been doing some research on the POS Bose System in my 03 350Z. The word from the campfire is that if I put in an aftermarket deck, to replace the re-labelled Clarion junk, that I should take out the in-line amplifiers to the speakers. Is this true? Sounds right to me due to their being underpowered.

Second, I have seen some people discuss installing a new Sub behind the Driver's Seat, and adding an amp. Is this a good idea, and where do you put the Amp to drive the sub? Any suggestions on this?

Lastly, an annoyance that I would like to get rid of in the short term. The damn Audio Pilot turns down the stereo when I slow down. This is driving me crazy, with no info in the manual for my year, and no quick fix in the Audio Controls. Anyone know how to turn this crap off?
    2000 Saleen S281, 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
    www.2Bones.com - www.BikesandBikinis.com - www.DFWBikes.com - www.DFWSportscars.com - www.DFWStuntbikes.com - www.GotCuties.com

firstly this is a car tech forum not ice

but ill have a go anyway

1) you say that the front speakers are underpowered if you leave the inline amps in??
    confusing that one please rephrase

also are you sure that they are inline amps my thinking is that they are crossovers used to split the frequencies to the seperate drivers

but if they are crossovers you will not need to remove them check for a live feed to them and a grounding point to check if they are amps.

2) yes if your into your lows and really want to feel the music then yes you should

but if not then your bose drivers should producre sufficent bass for your needs.

an amp would naturally be kept close to the sub for becsue subs are usually kept is the boot for i. more space and ii. subs produce lower frequencies that can not be defined from a certan angle they have no imageing.

3) go to your dealer and ask them there they will direct you how

otherwise i don't have a clue!
    www.britishmods.co.uk

Thread Information