Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini R-GT

Lamborghini R-GT

Hey Guys Last Time I went to the lambo site And found some amazing news
    Here it goes :

At the moment the Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT is getting prepared for the 2005 edition of Le Mans by entering it into competition for the FIA GT Championship, but what's also very interesting, it has been as good as confirmed that a limited production run of 25 units will be sold to the public as a road-going version of this high-power V12 flagship.

The current 6.2 Liter engine of the Murcielago will however be replaced by a 6.5 Liter unit which has been pushed beyond 740 Bhp during testing, production cars will however receive a slightly de-tuned version with a power output between 650 and 680 Bhp to increase reliability. The road version of the R-GT will also use rear wheel drive instead of all-wheel drive to loose weight and ceramic brakes will be mounted, at the moment the first prototypes of the R-GT for road use are being tested at the factory.

It is clear what the objective here is, outperforming their arch rival, the Ferrari Enzo ... and judging by the numbers it should, the 'public' Murcielago R-GT could reach a speed of 100 Km/h in less than 3.5 seconds, naturally this R-GT version will clear the way for the next evolution of the Murcielago ...
    Since the Gallardo, with his V10, 500 Bhp, engine is so close to the Murcielago right now, this new 6.5 Liter V12 engine will be mounted in a revised Murcielago that will be introduced after the 25 units of the R-GT have been finished, also it became clear that a GT or SV version of their flagship will be a possibility soon after that.

Naturally the Gallardo will not be forgotten, the Roadster version is still being eagerly awaited, and should be introduced in 2005, the good news is that this time a real canvas top will be used, one that will actually fold away underneath a tonneau, while the rear window will double as a wind block while driving 'topless'.
    After the Gallardo Roadster, a more powerfull SV edition with at least 550 Bhp will be unveiled to make sure the closed version doesn't suffer too much of a sales drop after the Roadster is introduced to the market.

There have been talks about a new SUV and a new Espada style 2+2 model, even some models have been seen at the design studio, but at the moment these latter two projects have a low level priority compared with the rest of the model line-up, probably there are further designs for these new models, but right now the two models in the line-up have top priority when it comes to getting them ready for the public, so don't be especting either an SUV nor a 2+2 model anywhere before 2007 or later.
    Murcielago LP640 Mmmm now ur talkin...

One of UCPs umm... well oldest member with least posts

Great car, but I am rooting for the DBR9.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    Great car, but I am rooting for the DBR9.
    me too

Post Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    me too
    Me too!

will prodrive be running the 550 again in 2005?
    i would love to see a close race between the R-GT, DBR9, 550 and Corvette.
    will the maserati "enzo" be running in Lemans?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    Yes, the 575GTC is being entered, and don't forget that Maser as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    don't forget that Maser as well.
    I didnt
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    so are you saying it will be lmns this year?

Pending what Maser will do to make the car ACO legal....as it is it has too much overhang....

Interesting comment from David Brabham about the R-GT racer, he was quoted on dailysportscar.net saying that the R-GT suffers from having an engine sitting too high up in the chassis and in effect ruins the CoG location of the car and generally makes it a handful to drive......maybe that's why lambo is not going to offer the road version in RWD guise....

hmmm.....im split between the dbr9 and the lambo r-gt.....both are good
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

oh yeah, this is the first year in like 2-3 that im paying attention to le mans, what have i missed?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

[QUOTE johnnyperl
    will the maserati "enzo" be running in Lemans?]

I thought Dave Richards was in charge of the DBR9 entry. If Prodrive are entering the 550/575, does that mean Dave Richards has left Prodrive or that Prodrive are competing with themselves??

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus
    I thought Dave Richards was in charge of the DBR9 entry. If Prodrive are entering the 550, does that mean Dave Richards has left Prodrive or that Prodrive are competing with themselves??
    Prodrive is a big company, that runs many different teams, and supply parts to other "competing" teams aswell.

It isn't beyond the realm of possibility, but I wouldn't have thought it was likely.

Maybe Care will take over full control of racing the Ferraris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo r-gt
    The road version of the R-GT will also use rear wheel drive instead of all-wheel drive
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    maybe that's why lambo is not going to offer the road version in RWD guise....
    Thanks for all the fish

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by lambo rgt
    After the Gallardo Roadster, a more powerfull SV edition with at least 550 Bhp will be unveiled to make sure the closed version doesn't suffer too much of a sales drop after the Roadster is introduced to the market.
    oh yes i cant wait to see the new version...
    3.5 secs time for the rgt is a bit slow for a race car they should try and make it a little faster if they want to challenge the Enzo racing car...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Evo mentioned that the R-GT road car will not be RWD....guess we'll see....

Ok, just skimmed through, so who will receive the SV Version? The Gallardo?

That's cool anyway. I would like to see a SV version of Murcielago.

Thread Information