Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian cars

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    let me guess, that was a heartland holden dealer?
    It was commonwelth motors actually by the looks of it they were combined with a mitsu dealer as well. And one day later I got a phone call of a job already at the retro BMW/landrover/Mini Place as a detailer I hope they can letme hang off to see if i can get the job in the storeroom at the holden dealer or the mechanics apprenticeship at the Subaru/Mazda/suzuki dealer.

i personally would be hangin out for the mechanics apprenticeship

Well The storeroom job I can arrange an interview for tomorrow. Ive got an interview tomorrow for the Bimmer dealership and i havent heard jack shit back from the other dealers.

well the apprenticeship i'd say would be the hardest one to get

Ok the storeroom job was filled today much to the shelia who was doing the interview the nephew of one of the owners needed a job before his semester started at uni so the jobs taken untill march. Im thinking the apprenticeship will be easeir but the BMW dealer is huge they own the BMW/Rolf used cars/Bmw motorcycles/Land rover and the subaru dealer (no the subaru/suzuki/mazda i thought it was) the rolfe group is ****ing huge the job they offerd me i had an interview for it today and the starting pay is $500 a week (i dont know if he stutterd or i misheard but i nearly choked) also i wouldent mind becomming a salesman it will stop me from becomming like a mate of mine who is a mechanic and when he gos home and just says **** CARS and leaves his HQ wagon to rust away.

my dad reckons i should consider being a salesman, when he was shopping around for a work car it was me who was tellin him all bout the cars, the salesman didnt even know what engines the cars had

Well salesmen are of so many varying degrees some know **** all some shower you in useless facts hell some are even sexist while some are just plain stupid. Hard toi be a good sales man and impossible to be like in that job but a company car and 80k a year for an average salesman sure makes up for that.

i think most salespeople know **** all. do u think holden would want their sales people tellign customers that the commodore has the worst build quality in the country, or whether ford want their salespeople telling customers the falcon 6 has the worst economy

Well the salesman at work if i let him hell prattle on with all the litte ins (he will tell me outs but im not supposed to tell anyone that not that theres anything really wrong with the car even the mechanics can hardly say boo about them other then a pain in the arse to work on) about the magnas when you find one who does their home work more often then not prattle and the ones who dont look stupid because of my genuine intrest i want to know but you have to learn how to communicate with people thats the problem and one most of them cant do even after years of training.

well thats all part of the job i guess. if a dealership has salespeople not making sales then its not a good image

I have thought about applying for car sales jobs a couple of times but have been warned away by my father in law and my brother in law who are or were both in the industry. My brother in law does a lot of servicing jobs for a Holden and a Ford dealership and knows a few of the reps. He also worked for a Holden and Nissan dealership before he started his own business. His view is that the sales people work pretty hard for what is basically a comission job. ie no sales no pay (or very little). At present a new car sale person may be swimming in it but it is not always that good. The reason they dont tell you the bad things is obvious. The reason they dont know as much about cars as they sometimes should is because for some of them it is only a job. I have only come across a couple who I thought much of. As far as buying a car gos, like most things, do your own research and dont rely on the sales bullshit. I should know. I'm a scum sucking sales person.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Well most local dealerships here offer a 40k retianer plus most average car salesmen can make around 40k a year. In the 80s when there was no retianer some car slaes men were pulling in 100k a year that was the timetobe a salesman i was told but its still pretty good here. Itslikethe salesman at the used bimmer dealer he asked me "why would you aspire to be a car salesman? you seem to know there as popular as hemmaroids just why?" and i said well someones got to do it,pays good pays even better when your good,and ive got a mate whos a mechanic who after 4 years of slogging his guts out will enjoy apay lower then the retainer im looking foreward and when he makes it home after working on cars all day he looks at his HQ wagon that wants attention and just says "**** CARS" and i wont look foreward too that. That and a company car and a comfey leather cair to sit in would be nice.

40K's a pretty good starting salary, im sure there'd be a few salesman trying to just get off that and bludge all day, but i dont think theyd be sticking around for long if you know what i mean.

Its not hard to sell cars youd be suprised how many people put a lot of faith in a car slaesman i actually find it quite funny people really doput faith in them.

its a good thing dealerships have more than one salesman then, the few ive seen were either real dropkicks, or they were the friendly type and used that to mask their lack of knowledge

Thread Information