Thread: need help: hotmail is hacked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

need help: hotmail is hacked

hello there, i have a problem. my hotmail has been hacked by someone unknown to me. i have absolutely no idea who could have done it. When i found out the password had been changed(without my permission and knowledge) i immediately tried the secret question way to retrieve the pass word, but it had also been changed...you can also let a new password be sent to you by email, but the email never arrived, so i guess the emailadress where they send it too has also been changed... I really hope someone can help me retrieve it... [email protected]

Contact hotmail and explain to them. Tell them when you set up the account and the origianl settings. They will be able to restore it for you.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

This happened to me a while back .. the program they were using was Eblaster. Go to http://www.spectersoft.com to find out about it. Also .. http://www.Pestpatrol.com will be best for removing it. They must be using a keylogger and pest patrol is normally the best to find out .. they have a free scan thingy .. use that to find out.

Edit : was the question changed to something like "sorry, this is currently not working" or something along those lines? If so, Eblaster is most likely the source.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    This happened to me a while back .. the program they were using was Eblaster. Go to http://www.spectersoft.com to find out about it. Also .. http://www.Pestpatrol.com will be best for removing it. They must be using a keylogger and pest patrol is normally the best to find out .. they have a free scan thingy .. use that to find out.

Edit : was the question changed to something like "sorry, this is currently not working" or something along those lines? If so, Eblaster is most likely the source.
    I run Lavasoft adaware and a panda software to eliminate adaware,spyware,etc.I downloaded the pestpatrol and ran it ,man it picked up 456 adaware,spyware and 1 keylogger program which the others didn't pick up.The comp has picked up noticable speed and it has an automatic cookie killer in background.....awesome,cheers for putting up that link mate,my computer is FINALLY sorted

the only way they could have done it apart from guessing is using a keylogger .. which is a trojan. Its classed as a hacking utility. Try some spyware removal tools as well .. the best seems to be SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search and Destroy and Spy Sweeper (very thorough). Just type them in Google .. Spybot and Spy sweeper are free, cant remember if Spywareblaster is though. Lol - i post about hacking but i dont post about cars anymore .. nice!

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    the only way they could have done it apart from guessing is using a keylogger .. which is a trojan. Its classed as a hacking utility. Try some spyware removal tools as well .. the best seems to be SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search and Destroy and Spy Sweeper (very thorough). Just type them in Google .. Spybot and Spy sweeper are free, cant remember if Spywareblaster is though. Lol - i post about hacking but i dont post about cars anymore .. nice!
    spyware blaster comes with spybot s&d.

there is a place in the program where they have a link to run it, just have to explore to find where it is.

Adaware from lavasoft and spybot search and destroy both work good
    www.supercarfreak.net
    the best of automotive and general talk!

well, i have adaware and spybot installed.I am running them at the moment. My secret question was changed to : pppppp 5 or 6 times the p. the way of guessing your password is called brute forcing btw. i tried it too , but it didnt help.i trioed all kinda ways to get it back. i have send an email to my old hotmail adress, but no answer. i tried using a programme with a trojan, but you have to sen it to the person you want hacked but he/she was never online(on my old hotmailadress).... i really dont know what to do now...
    Last edited by drakkie; 11-28-2004 at 06:19 AM.

Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy are the best things for this job.

They should be able to help you greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy are the best things for this job.

They should be able to help you greatly.
    As a appreciate your help, i have them installed and know what they do, but they dont get me my hotmail back

Opps, my fault for not reading.

Anyways, have you tried contacting the Hotmail or MSN Staff?

Hopefully, they should be able to get it back for you.

Thread Information