Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Help create the UCP Supercar!

I have an idea for the engine- go to an exotic car breakers', where you can find BMW M3/5 engines for a few thousand dollars, then bore it out, then add some forced induction- perhaps sequential turbocharging, á la BMW's new 535d.

http://www.douglasvalley.co.uk/welcome.htm here we go, they break Ferraris, Porsches and TVRs! Nice exotica to go very cheaply.

Here is a BMW 528i up for £2750, or around $5000. The interior parts and engine can be used in our quest!

And for a name, how about the Delta Mirage? Or Kyoto Tritiné?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Out of all those ive left the links of the ones i like
    I'll keep looking then, I was in a mad rush to find interior parts.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    And for a name, how about the Delta Mirage? Or Kyoto Tritiné?

Cough edit button cough

I'll keep looking then, I was in a mad rush to find interior parts.
    hey you know me im gonna want a real race car interior, maybee a roll cage (maybee not a full race one)

Also, manuals are nice but WRC style prodrive gearbox's would be perfect, wouldnt last very long but there damn good also i think that they would probably take up most of your budget id still like to see proper padel shifts

Oh an a vertical handbrake
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Cough edit button cough

hey you know me im gonna want a real race car interior, maybee a roll cage (maybee not a full race one)

Also, manuals are nice but WRC style prodrive gearbox's would be perfect, wouldnt last very long but there damn good also i think that they would probably take up most of your budget id still like to see proper padel shifts

Oh an a vertical handbrake
    H'mmm ur picky aren't u... I'll do my best, w/ bluey's help. BTW, a rollcage would be classified as chassis and not interior, i don't wanna go around finding a rollcage. One last thing, once we actually choose on the overall design/chassis/engine of the car, interior will get a whole lot easier. Right now its, throw an idea in the air and see how it goes stage.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

hey, since i am test driver i thaught that as a test driver i am able to add things to everyones ideas rite ??

i just ahad a quick search for a cage and found this what you think ?

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

hey, since i am test driver i thaught that as a test driver i am able to add things to everyones ideas rite ??

i just ahad a quick search for a cage and found this what you think ?

fine w/ me, ADD IT! Well, since YOUR test driver, maybe we can arrange a couple loose nuts/bolts/screws in the racing seat while you're driving so a little, erm, accident can occur?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    fine w/ me, ADD IT! Well, since YOUR test driver, maybe we can arrange a couple loose nuts/bolts/screws in the racing seat while you're driving so a little, erm, accident can occur?

Ill make sure that i check then and i dont think that seat movement would be that bad i would realise it before it got to me flying around the car

we need to answer some important questions before we continue.
    1. what will be the target weght for this car?
    2. what will be its main purpous and useage bias? (i.e. strait line performance, low track times, high speed touring/top speed record breaker, a dyno queen, a paper racer(i.e. a car that looks good on paper but may not function as expected in real life, such as adding a "high tech" DOHC V8 at a higher price just so you can say its a "modern" engine, what sounds good, or what works?), etc.
    3. we need people on the drivetrain part figuring out the layout. a sequential transmission and F1 paddle shift has been suggested but that will be hugly expensive, the type fo driveline eg all wheel drive, rear wheel drive, variable bias awd, fwd. etc. wil it be auto, manual or semi auto. things like that.
    4. someone need to take up suspention, id be willing to do it but it might go against the rules as im under the impression your only allowed to take up one part of the car. mabe atra can work that one or the chassis out instead of body design
    5. after the weight goal is figured we need to set aproximate performance goals and figure out the power needed to attain them. i.e if we want a 10 second 1/4mile/400m we're going to need at least 500-600hp depending ont the weight of the car. then theres the usability limit. if we have a power monster and its to light of a car putting that power down will be hard around a track and lap times will suffer, those things need to be worked out. i came to about $8000 on a all motor LS1 that would make an easy 500-600hp. i could work out the weight if you guys would like.or we could just go with a crate motor from various engine suppliers if we wanted to go with a quick and easy solution.
    6. are we going to be concerned with emissions compatability? and if so with what country, or are we just not going to bother figuring it into this little project
    7. would this be a mass production vehicle or just a limited productiuon run. and if so are the numbers in the tens hundereds or thousands. this would aid in the engine selection also, if its just 15 cars there wouldnt be a problem buyin used engines and refurbishing them(altho this may cost alot depending on the engine typeslike ferrari or lambo V12's) if there will be alot it would be better to assemble its own engine or work with a motor manufacturer like turnkey and use crate motors

mabe some polls should be created to determin what this car will be all about and what people think the motor/weight/aprox. power level should be
    Last edited by megotmea7; 11-30-2004 at 02:34 PM.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    we need to answer some important questions before we continue.
    1. what will be the target weght for this car?
    2. what will be its main purpous and useage bias? (i.e. strait line performance, low track times, high speed touring/top speed record breaker, a dyno queen, a paper racer(i.e. a car that looks good on paper but may not function as expected in real life, such as adding a "high tech" DOHC V8 at a higher price just so you can say its a "modern" engine, what sounds good, or what works?), etc.
    3. we need people on the drivetrain part figuring out the layout. a sequential transmission and F1 paddle shift has been suggested but that will be hugly expensive, the type fo driveline eg all wheel drive, rear wheel drive, variable bias awd, fwd. etc. wil it be auto, manual or semi auto. things like that.
    4. someone need to take up suspention, id be willing to do it but it might go against the rules as im under the impression your only allowed to take up one part of the car. mabe atra can work that one or the chassis out instead of body design
    5. after the weight goal is figured we need to set aproximate performance goals and figure out the power needed to attain them. i.e if we want a 10 second 1/4mile/400m we're going to need at least 500-600hp depending ont the weight of the car. then theres the usability limit. if we have a power monster and its to light of a car putting that power down will be hard around a track and lap times will suffer, those things need to be worked out. i came to about $8000 on a all motor LS1 that would make an easy 500-600hp. i could work out the weight if you guys would like.or we could just go with a crate motor from various engine suppliers if we wanted to go with a quick and easy solution.
    6. are we going to be concerned with emissions compatability? and if so with what country, or are we just not going to bother figuring it into this little project

mabe some polls should be created to determin what this car will be all about and what people think the motor/weight/aprox. power level should be

1) About 800 Kilos
    2) Track racer also usable for daily use
    3) 4wd with VCD
    4) proflex suspention
    5) 700BHP
    0-60----------3.5 seconds
    0-100---------7 seconds
    6) which ever country has the highest emisions rates and lowest safety standards

you have to think about compatablity between the tings you selected also,
    1. 800kg's is about 1700lbs, thats a tall order. may involve some composits and other expensive materials
    2. i can live with that
    3. 4wd will add weight(more money towards expensive lighter materials to attain 1700lbs) and cost(price of the drivetrain) and harder to find a tranny that will bolt up to almost any motor and still handle 700hp, VCD will also add alot of cost
    4. whatever that is...
    5. best bet would be a LS1 for that power goal. but 700hp in a 1700lb car will be one scary drive around the track. ever seen the top gear test of the speed 12? and as a daily driver it would be almost insanity...
    6. fair enough. that would be the US in kentucky
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

can i work on brakes with quattro?

if not, ill take engine if its available

now is this going to be an sctual car, or a virtual car that we create?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information