Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Help create the UCP Supercar!

theres probably something left to do. no idea tho, i wasnt too involved (i came late too)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Can I still help with something ? Or am I too late ?
    Same here! I have been away for a while and missed out on this! Can i get in anywhere?! surely my knowledge of the cheap end of the car industry can be of some use!!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

i hope we actually do another one of these. they are fun, and are good for learning new things about cars and car parts.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    i hope we actually do another one of these. they are fun, and are good for learning new things about cars and car parts.
    Good point.

AFTER we've got this one signed and sealed ( sadly we can't deliver it ) then I'd like to take on a trackday design to compete with Radical, Deronda, Ariel, Lotus etc ( it might even beat the UCP Supercar )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

and mabe we can use the powertec V8 in THAT i think on the brakes we should find something with smaller discs, i wouldnt want to go over 17" on the rims for total/unsprung/rotational weight and still retain the ability to mount a decent tire on there.

a typical AP racing brake kit with 13" rotors, 6 piston calipers, and everything else in the above mentioned kit included will run about $2,835. but what it lacks in price it makes up for in performance. you wont find another set of better performing brakes and since this is going to be a road ready track car....

www.apracing.com
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Good points.

As long as we can keep the weight down I dont' have an issue with the smaller rotors.
    Also, from looks we have the 'challenge' that if large rims are preferred then teeny rotors will look silly ( like most ricers )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

bit like looking at a lancer with full EVO kit and everything, then looking at 18"wheels and seeing rear drum brakes
    The Datto will rage again...

Oooooh! Great idea. Been gone for a few days and missed out. My suggestion would be to mimic and outdo the Noble M400. High-strength steel space frame, mid-engine, and some c/f for weight consideration. No luxuries, no electronic aids, and no turbos. Main advantage over the noble would be a highly tuned and naturally aspirated Infiniti V8 (indy V8s) good for 10K and ~500 hp. The 35A described below shows the potential of the Nissan V8. A less tuned 35A might be perfect, cheaper too.

INFINITI ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
    Indy 35A V8
    Designation VRH35ADE
    Type DOHC 32-valve V8
    Cylinder Angle 90°
    Displacement 3.5 liters
    Horsepower 650 @ 10,700 rpm
    Torque 320 ft-lb @ 10,400 rpm
    Bore x Stroke 93 x 64.39mm
    Compression Ratio 13.8:1
    Redline 10,700 rpm
    Crankshaft 180° billet steel
    Connecting Rods machined alloy steel
    Lubrication multistage dry sump
    Oil Capacity 12 quarts
    Fuel methanol
    Top Speed 225-plus mph (in Indy cars)

*It weighs 325 pounds but costs $90,000 USD.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

well not a possibility then.......unless we increase thae budget........because we only had 100,000 dollars and egg nogg allocated at least 30k for the body alone
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

ha! yea, we can cobble the rest of the car together with toothpicks and crazy glue with the $10k thats left over...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

The 90 thousand dollar Indy motor would make for a dream supercar engine. Besides being prohibitively expensive it probably wouldn't last the 100K between rebuilds requirement either. The way I see it, the heart of a car is its engine and as much as possible should go towards the engine, just not 90%. In the engine poll thread I suggested maybe a detuned 35A, I don't even know if it's available outside of Indy. That type of lineage would make a car instantly acceptable. A VK45DE, 4.5 liter V8 from the Infiniti produces 340 hp and 333 lb/ft. The VK should be readily accessible and I'm sure can be tuned for another 100 hp.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

To whom it may concern, if the original budget is U.S.$100,000 and a 1/3 has already been covered on just the body, what sort of car will it be? 2 seater? Mid-engined? Has an engine already been sourced? what about a gearbox? will it just be a one-off or is a future limited production being considered? Who will engineer everything? Will it comply with design rules? Who's designing the chassis? Who will ensure everything fits together and works well together?

I invite the director to email me at [email protected] and if they are serious, I may have an interesting proposition for them.

Regards,

Ben Versace

Thread Information