Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rolls-Royce Ghost (I) 2009-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I fear a VW-Porsche.

Would you rather Porsche be independent or part of VAG?
    I don't care much as long as they stop doing mutated experiments.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Yes I am. I was just making a drastic point of VAG (awesome name ) owning into Porsche.

EDIT:

I like the idea of Porsche having more access to cash but I can't imagine that it will be no strings attached. Imagine something like this:

Porsche project leader: So we have come up with a new GT1 race car; a worthy successor to the GT1 98 Evo. It's going to cost xx,xxx,xxx.

VAG director: Ok, put AWD on it then we'll talk cash.

Porsche project leader: But FIA and ACO don't permit AWD.

VAG director: I don't care! Do it anyway, it's cool with the kids these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I fear a VW-Porsche.

Would you rather Porsche be independent or part of VAG?
    Okay, you guys really don't know what you're talking about: Porsche has been putting AWD in their cars for quite a while now (959 ring any bells?) and Ferdinand Porsche (senior) was experimenting with AWD in GP cars in the 1940s. So to insinuate that VW is going to force Porsche to use AWD is ridiculous. Also this might be a good time to point out that Porsche originally invented the duel-clutch transmission.

Second, I love a VW-Porsche. The Porsche 356 is probably one of the best cars ever built. Furthermore, the Cayenne is probably the best sports sedans ever built (and I love the BMW M cars), it is a masterpiece of engineering; and furthermore it's race proven: Transsyberia Rally.

I think VW is going to let Porsche keep doing it's thing and any decisions by Porsche (whether you agree with them or not) will be those of Porsche alone.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Furthermore, the Cayenne is probably the best sports sedans ever built
    a rather liberal definition of "sedan", I would say.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Okay, you guys really don't know what you're talking about: Porsche has been putting AWD in their cars for quite a while now (959 ring any bells?) and Ferdinand Porsche (senior) was experimenting with AWD in GP cars in the 1940s. So to insinuate that VW is going to force Porsche to use AWD is ridiculous. Also this might be a good time to point out that Porsche originally invented the duel-clutch transmission.
    I never made a statement that Porsche didn't make AWD cars; everyone knows they do (and the 959 is awesome. It won Dakar and would have gone into Group B; it was a rally car so AWD is acceptable). I'm alluding to the fact that all of VAG's flagship GT autos are AWD (Murci, Gallardo, R8, and Veyron). So, are we to expect the next GT2 and Carrera GT successor to be AWD too? That's all.

I never made a statement that Porsche didn't make AWD cars; everyone knows they do (and the 959 is awesome. It won Dakar and would have gone into Group B; it was a rally car so AWD is acceptable). I'm alluding to the fact that all of VAG's flagship GT autos are AWD (Murci, Gallardo, R8, and Veyron). So, are we to expect the next GT2 and Carrera GT successor to be AWD too? That's all.
    The Mulsanne isn't though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    a rather liberal definition of "sedan", I would say.
    That was on purpose.

I had a bit too much coffee this morning, so I was a bit wound up. but my point is I think Porsche is VERY savey about such things and I think we're safe.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

isn't the top of the line Porsche currently the Turbo which, if I am not mistaken, is AWD....
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    isn't the top of the line Porsche currently the Turbo which, if I am not mistaken, is AWD....
    I would think he's referring to the GT2 or GT3/GT3RS. Price-wise, they have the Turbo whipped.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I would think he's referring to the GT2 or GT3/GT3RS.
    I was.

Ghost Generation I Series II (2014-2020)

Rolls-Royce introduced the updated Series II Ghost at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show.

Visual changes over the Series I Ghost include re-sculpted headlights, and unbroken daytime running lights. The Series II also gained a tapered ‘wake channel’ on the bonnet, emanating from the Spirit of Ecstasy’s wings. Chrome inserts were added to the front air intakes, which had been enlarged so as to feed more cooling air to the front brakes. The bumpers were also subtly revised, while the side character line Rolls-Royce calls a "waft line" was slanted further forward. New alloy wheel and color options were also offered.

On the inside, Rolls-Royce fitted re-designed front seats, and re-angled the rear seats so as to allow for easier communication with other passengers. The clock fascia and instrument dials gained polished metal chaplets that evoke premium watch design. Natural grain leather could now be fitted to the A and C pillars, and two new veneers became available.

Technical modifications include re-designed front and rear struts coupled to new steering gear, as well as adjusted dampers and new rear hydraulic axle bearings. The Series II also gained advanced LED headlights. With the Series II Rolls-Royce also offers a "Dynamic Driving Package" that they claim offers a more involving driving experience. "Satellite Aided Transmission" technology was added to all Ghosts, which utilities GPS data, as well as analyzing the driving style of the driver, to select the most appropriate gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RR Ghost in funky colors !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information