Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong/Taiwan Vacation

Hong Kong/Taiwan Vacation

Some of you guys know I went on vacation in Hong Kong and Taiwan between December and January.

Just wanted to share with you guys some cars I saw and some shots that I took that I thought were pretty nice.

Some thoughts on Hong Kong- very awesome city. Very foreigner friendly even if you speak English. The fact that I have friends and family there makes it even better since they can show me around.

Taiwan is nice too, but when we went it was just a week and it was one of those tours, so you really couldn't slow down. It helps a lot if you can speak and read Mandarin.

The same idea for cars and airplanes- the window seat is always the best. I got some nice shots from up on high.

Some mountain ranges and rivers.

Smart forFour- looks like a shoe.

A NSX vs. a GT-R.

And an Accord Euro R- one of my favorite Honda products.

Cars in Hong Kong are expensive so cars are in excellent condition. Usually you need to rent a parking space, tax is nearly the price of the car and public transportation is great. A car is a luxury, not a necessity in Hong Kong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The cars are a great mix of JDM and EDM cars. You get your VW Sciroccos, the occasional old Peugeot, Renaults, BMW 5 Series GTs and Porsches.

I think this is a Nissan Figaro.

The Porsche reminds me of Grimace- I think one of the Australian members has a purple Porsche, I forgot which one- I'm thinking Sam.

BMW 1 series wagon.

The Odyssey is so cool looking with a set of BBSes.

You also get the occasional Alfa Romeo. This one is a 159. the 164 was poorly received mainly because the 4 sounds like death in Chinese. Add the 6 before it and it sound like one is "continuously dying".

And a Peugeot 207.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 08-30-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Renault Megane RS.

Nissan Figaro.

Needs a Tofu Delivery sticker.

TSX wagon, 1st gen- I want one.

And a new Porsche Boxster.

We were in Macao for a little while too.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Nice pics! Looks like an awesome vacation. Love the aerial shots too, I'm a sucker for satellite and aerial photos
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The Porsche reminds me of Grimace- I think one of the Australian members has a purple Porsche, I forgot which one- I'm thinking Sam...
    All our Australian members are named Sam.
    Clutch has the grape-juice 964.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Honda NSX- not my cup of tea, but I'll take it.

Exotic car service shop. Had 2 Gallardos up front, a F430 and I think a Testarossa.

Mini Cooper!

Civic Type R- I looked at a Civic Type R once, it looked "off", like it has all the badges and body panels but probably not a Civic Type R.

Very clean Evo VI I think.

It might have been a nice shot if the lens filter didn't ghost- be careful with cheap filters on the Nikkor 35mm 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Nice pics! Looks like an awesome vacation. Love the aerial shots too, I'm a sucker for satellite and aerial photos
    Thank you! I didn't know how easy it was to do aerial photography from a jet. If you're bored on a plane, just keep an eye out the window while watching movies.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    All our Australian members are named Sam.
    Clutch has the grape-juice 964.
    Haha, he's the one! I remember now. Don't know if he still has it though.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Thank you! I didn't know how easy it was to do aerial photography from a jet. If you're bored on a plane, just keep an eye out the window while watching movies.

Haha, he's the one! I remember now. Don't know if he still has it though.
    I have a bunch of aerial photos somewhere that I've accumulted over the years. I would love to go to HK sometime. My Dad used to make business trips there once a year or so...

I'm a hopeless travel junkie though. There's just about nowhere I wouldn't go given the chance.

Strange dude with a weird US flag paint scheme cruiser.

Standard HK tourism shots. But I like them.

I expected to see more of the CR-Z. For the most part I see low crossovers and vans- cars like the Honda Stream. The CR-Z is probably too small and too little car for the price. A lot of Priuses too.

Fancy dim sum at the Mira in Tsim Tsa Tsui. They have a lunch special with all you can eat and order dim sum- a good place to go if you want to try it out. It also helps that it's Michelin starred.

I have a bunch of aerial photos somewhere that I've accumulted over the years. I would love to go to HK sometime. My Dad used to make business trips there once a year or so...

I'm a hopeless travel junkie though. There's just about nowhere I wouldn't go given the chance.
    I haven't traveled anywhere else honestly. I'd like to go to Europe, but I have no time. I'm pretty certain I'll be busy for at least the next 4 years.

Oh you should definitely go to Hong Kong. I caught the travel bug with this trip, it's a lot of fun just to spend a couple weeks in one place. Especially if it's a place like Hong Kong where it's so small you don't have to travel for long to get places. And the food is just so awesome...

What a nice skyline!

What a nice skyline!
    Thanks! You should see it from the other side too.

Hazy day.

Cluttered! The mini busses are pretty cool, they fill up the stops where the double decker busses and subways don't cover. It's funny though, they're limited at 88 km/hr but if they go on the highway the drivers drive quickly enough that they bounce at speed limiter, screaming like no tomorrow.

Taxis are pretty cheap and reasonable though.

Old air cooled Porsche 911.

I think the Brinks trucks are hilarious- they look very cobbled together.

Even UPS uses the same brown color on its vans. Looks like a Toyota Hi-Ace though.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 03-18-2013 at 03:40 PM.

My camera, a Nikon D40 died shortly after I took this shot. I had it since April 2008 and it was a major problem because I was leaving for Taiwan in 2 days. I was lucky that my uncle also has Nikon DSLRs and has a spare D40x and I borrowed his for the duration of my week in Taiwan.

Oh, the urbanity!

Pic 1 of post 2 looks like the rear end of the Figaro and dual fart cans on an Odyssey??? I've seen it all lol

Thread Information