Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your First Car??

My first car was one I actually eggnogg'd here back in ohhhh 2006? MKIV VW Jetta, which I owned for a year, and rolled into an orchard coming into a corner too quick. It was a great car up until that point. Nice to see a few old members still kicking around here.

1995 Acura Integra GS-R (or VTi-R for you Aussies).

It was a one-in-a-million chance: my father's mechanic friend was looking to flip it just as I needed a car. The price was right and it was mine.

I've had it for a few months now and it's been a nice experience. Yeah, it's loud, shaky, and needs to be revved to eye-wateringly high levels for any meaningful torque but it is so fun to drive that I live with these faults.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

1966 Austin Healey Sprite. Purchased in 1969, iirc. It's most natural state was with the hood open. Other than that, a wonderful automobile. A lot of fun to drive. A four wheel motorcycle of the day.

fourcam

1953 Mercury four door,flat head, three speed on the column, bought in 1963 with 18,000 miles on the odometer. I waxed the paint off and Earl Shive (sic) put the most beautiful paint job you ever saw on it for thirty plus dollars. Took several students to college and was still running 10 years later.

Nice!!!!!
    Thanks, Joe

2005 buick regal was my first car. had it for a few years. got it when i was 16

The Buick Grand Nationals were some Awesome rides back in the 80's!
    Thanks, Joe

My first car was a toyota Carina as i could remember

Everybody has to start somewhere
    Thanks, Joe

Rather oddly I own the exact same model as I did 9 years ago as my first car Now it is my city run-about though. A 1996 Suzuki Alto. Brings back fond and less fond memories, but atleast it is much more reliable and cheaper than the Puma...

Maintenance is awesome too. All bolts are rusted, stuck solid or broken but it is so easy and cheap! Surprisingly fun for tinkering In comparison to the Ford, a fan belt tensioner for this is €12. The Puma? A mere €278..

ps: I just realised I have been a member for over a decade! Wow! Time flies!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drakkie; 10-09-2014 at 02:16 PM.

My first car was a 1972 Plymouth Duster. My dad was a big car guy and had 50-60 vehicles around the farm at any given time. When I was approaching legal driving age (alright, I was like 12 or 13 but trust me getting my license was the single biggest age gate in my life) the informal agreement was to pick a car on the property, get it fixed up, and there ya go. The Duster caught my eye and off I went. It had been parked for 10 years and I worked on it in the driveway, in the rain, with almost no mechanics skills or tools. But I got it on the road and it was a huge accomplishment.

Since then I've got an engineering degree, built FSAE racecars, and now work in the Detroit area for an engine dev company. In short, every aspect of my life now revolves around cars.

And of course I still have the Duster! It's undergoing a full resto/mod right now, getting a new Challenger drivetrain and suspension. Built to dream-spec as an homage to 13 year old Xander and all his car dreams.

I tip my cap Xander. Pics or this thread is useless.

Certainly better taste than that ruffian f6fhellcat...

Great story indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by xander18 View Post
    My first car was a 1972 Plymouth Duster. My dad was a big car guy and had 50-60 vehicles around the farm at any given time. When I was approaching legal driving age (alright, I was like 12 or 13 but trust me getting my license was the single biggest age gate in my life) the informal agreement was to pick a car on the property, get it fixed up, and there ya go. The Duster caught my eye and off I went. It had been parked for 10 years and I worked on it in the driveway, in the rain, with almost no mechanics skills or tools. But I got it on the road and it was a huge accomplishment.

Since then I've got an engineering degree, built FSAE racecars, and now work in the Detroit area for an engine dev company. In short, every aspect of my life now revolves around cars.

And of course I still have the Duster! It's undergoing a full resto/mod right now, getting a new Challenger drivetrain and suspension. Built to dream-spec as an homage to 13 year old Xander and all his car dreams.
    Thanks for sharing that one!!
    Thanks, Joe

Thread Information