Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexus RC 2014-

Lexus RC 2014-

#1 This is the new luxury coupe from Lexus, inspired by the stunningly beautiful Lexus LF-LC concept shown back in 2012.
    Attached Images Attached Images

#2 Unfortunately, the purity of original design is replaced by complicated and somewhat heavy appearance.

#3 Weight is on the heavy side too, V8 engined RC F tips the scales at 1870 kg.

#4 The main reason of RC massive weight is its underpinnings. The RC chassis is a Frankenstein like mash-up of three different cars: the front is from GS sedan, the middle section comes from IS C convertible and the rear end is adapted from the current Lexus IS sedan.

#5 Base model RC employs 3,5 liter V6 rated at 225 kW while performance model RC F is powered by Yamaha developed 5,0 liter V8 with 351 kW.

#6 Hybrid model with 2,5 liter four-cylinder will join the range later this year.

#7 Prices for RC F start from €75.000, which is actually more than asking price for the BMW M4.

#8 The biggest asset for RC is perhaps its naturally aspirated V8 powertrain - a increasingly rare sight in modern sports car.

I can't get myself over the spindle grill. If they had decided to connect the two inner bits together and create a place to hang a front plate, I'd be so happy with the design. Everything else (okay, maybe transmission choice, but who gets manuals now anyway?) I'm okay with.

Oh yeah, and where would you hang a front plate?

Normally aspirated V8 is good. Overdesigned exterior, not so much.

As for the front number plate, here it goes:

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

My neighbor has a blue-metallic RC350 with the F-Sport package and AWD. In real life, the car really is... questionable. Especially on the front. I only saw one license plate and it was on the back. The stock rims on his were like 20"s. Just too big.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Ouch, I think they better design the car to look good with front plates in mind.

Also, pedestrian crash testing has made the nose overly bulbous now. If you're going to get hit by a car, it's going to hurt. Nothing's going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    My neighbor has a blue-metallic RC350 with the F-Sport package and AWD. In real life, the car really is... questionable. Especially on the front. I only saw one license plate and it was on the back. The stock rims on his were like 20"s. Just too big.
    All wheels are too big now. Honestly, if they mandated all cars to be lighter, banned SUVs, and made cars to be less safe, they wouldn't have such a hard time being fuel efficient. There are performance gains to be had by using smaller wheels!

The '83 Accord we have at home has 13 inch wheels! There are brakes bigger than that now.

There's no need to go back to 13 inch wheels, but definitely this big wheel craze does have its side effects, like more expensive tyres and a more uncomfortable ride.

On the other hand I don't renouncing to safety is a good idea, and anyway car are getting lighter (and somewhat smaller in some cases) and more frugal, at least in theory...

Finally, I do think that we are (quite possibly) witnessing the last golden era of the petrol-powered automobile. Cars go fast, drive well, sound great and are exciting; and many car manufacturers are introducing cars aimed directly at the petrolhead. So enjoy it while it lasts!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There's no need to go back to 13 inch wheels, but definitely this big wheel craze does have its side effects, like more expensive tyres and a more uncomfortable ride.

On the other hand I don't renouncing to safety is a good idea, and anyway car are getting lighter (and somewhat smaller in some cases) and more frugal, at least in theory...

Finally, I do think that we are (quite possibly) witnessing the last golden era of the petrol-powered automobile. Cars go fast, drive well, sound great and are exciting; and many car manufacturers are introducing cars aimed directly at the petrolhead. So enjoy it while it lasts!
    Damn it, where can an honest guy get a Stanley Steamer round these parts...

Maybe I'm gone off the deep end, but If all cars were equally unsafe, it'd be mutually assured destruction- everyone would be more careful because they know the car is unsafe...

I shall call it the nuclear deterrent form of automotive safety...
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-25-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Damn it, where can an honest guy get a Stanley Steamer round these parts...

Maybe I'm gone off the deep end, but If all cars were equally unsafe, it'd be mutually assured destruction- everyone would be more careful because they know the car is unsafe...

I shall call it the nuclear deterrent form of automotive safety...
    Statistically it doesn't work. If it did, we wouldn't have a downward trend in fatalities.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information