Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 3

The lack of exposed suspension cars is a damn shame.. let's hope there's plans to DLC them later on. I like shitbox racing too, but what I hope is there's more of a point for some of the vintage cars. I'd like to see a few vintage racers further in the career mode so classic Ferraris and the like can have more outings. Though, the 246 did make a great class C enduromobil..

they had a few classic car races in career mode inb FM2 i seem to recall
    the pre-75 muscle car
    and the classic sports car
    and something else
    i agree, there needs to be more to it..hate buying a car, to only use it in three races lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

If they do cut the car count short to make the release date, I hope they carry on DLC support with new cars for longer than they did with FM2. I don't think anyone wants this game to become a yearly update like EA's sports titles.

I'm glad to see some Aus cars making it into 3 (the one thing that GT4 had over FM2 IMO), but I agree with Sledge on this one.....I'd gladly put up with a 2010 release to get more features, cars, and refinement.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Dave, this car isn't meant to go faster than 40, now is it?
    More like 10.

Hittin' switches.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    The lack of exposed suspension cars is a damn shame.. let's hope there's plans to DLC them later on. I like shitbox racing too, but what I hope is there's more of a point for some of the vintage cars. I'd like to see a few vintage racers further in the career mode so classic Ferraris and the like can have more outings. Though, the 246 did make a great class C enduromobil..
    Shitbox cars are fun. It's interesting to see how far you can push a piece of crap.

The same applies to Gran Turismo. I am planning a "which souped up hybrid will have the best lap time" series.

When I get a chance to start modifying again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    If they do cut the car count short to make the release date, I hope they carry on DLC support with new cars for longer than they did with FM2. I don't think anyone wants this game to become a yearly update like EA's sports titles.

I'm glad to see some Aus cars making it into 3 (the one thing that GT4 had over FM2 IMO), but I agree with Sledge on this one.....I'd gladly put up with a 2010 release to get more features, cars, and refinement.
    Read the long post up above - the plan is for 10 DLC cars per month for the first year - Thats another 120 cars to the games already impressive 400+ garage.

OzBoxLive had an interesting interview today with Korey Krauskof Group Program Manager -from Turn 10, asking several important questions related to this great new follow-up of the franchise.

To his surprise, when asking if Forza 3 will feature Australian cars, the answer back was that Aussies cars would be included, and that drivers from Down Under would be happy with what cars are chosen. Of course he couldn’t elaborate on that naturally, nor could he confirm or deny that there would be the Australian tracks featured in Forza 3.......
    Which appears as a confirmation of sorts.

Who wants FPV GTP Vs Mustang GT battles? I know I do
    Last edited by whiteballz; 06-04-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post

Who wants FPV GTP Vs Mustang GT battles? I know I do
    at bathurst!
    and w427 vs camaro. on Phillip island

do it. DO IT
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

someone from T10 let slip that Le sarth is the only officially licenced track being introduced, So Mt panorama and Phillip island aren't looking promising.

However cheap copies (Blue mountians raceway) are looking good.

But the source on the track hasn't been confirmed - So I'm still hoping.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Apparently the game will be shipped on two discs, the second one just being data.. so if you have an xbox360 with no hard drive, you'll not get all the cars/tracks. Or maybe just cars. Either way, if that's you.. you'd best be looking at hard drive options. Do MS still do the 20GB ones for cheap?

an xbox without a hard drive is like having a car but missing a wheel. my theory is that the only reason they ship 360's without HDD's (i.e the cheap arcade version) is for people like me who cbf'ed waiting for thier xbox to come back from being fixed for the RROD

i figure if they're forced to use two discs..more content..which is good!

Yup, Two discs, Massive amounts of data.

I've practically wiped half my 20Gig Hdd already. So I have 10Gb free at the moment - However I might once i get a better income purchase a transfer cable and another HDD.

I've heard you can use the transfer cable to daisy chain one xbox to have two HDD's.
    Any truth to that?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

They've been talking about 2 discs from the start, and the more data the better, it keeps you interested for longer the more content there is.. Especially in such an immense game as this.

I have the 20gb, and its nearly always packed. I've started to install games on it, thats what takes up the most memory. It'd be best now for me to get a larger 60gb+ one. I heard that their were some serious restrictions to the data transfer from HDD to HDD, though I'm not to sure.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

I've not heard of restrictions.. but I have heard of people who've upgraded the drive and been happy with the process.

I may be wrong then, I was just looking into it to get free DLC off a friend and this was a little while back.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    So...a broad overview:

Long read I know, but its interesting.
    Not anymore. 1 of the Turn10 Community Leaders, in regards to that fellow, said, "Don't believe everything you read".

A lot of what he said also did not seem likely, esp. the 10 cars a month. Devs. have promised that before & nearly every single one failed.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information