Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Car Ads

Australian Car Ads

Tell me - please -
    WTF is the Volvo ad about?

Is it an ad unique to Oz?

Anybody?

it is unique to australia and its designed to get australian minds away from the idea that all volvo drivers are dickheads

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    it is unique to australia and its designed to get australian minds away from the idea that all volvo drivers are dickheads
    Yeah - right

dont u think it'll work?

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    dont u think it'll work?
    As the ads progress to include Volvo 'Cop' cars I still can't see them converting the likes of you and me.
    Who's their target audience - not car enthusiasts - surely?
    Maybe car buyers that don't really want to buy a car -
    'Volvo the car you have when you don't really want to own a (real) car'.

Yeah well them adds sure wiorked wonders on me they want to make me become a "bloody Volvo driver" hell they cant even stear a wheelie bin straight let alone a bloody car.
    And i was most dissapointe dand shocked at that add they wernt wearing those old granpa hats

Originally posted by Falcon500
    Yeah well them adds sure wiorked wonders on me they want to make me become a "bloody Volvo driver" hell they cant even stear a wheelie bin straight let alone a bloody car.
    And i was most dissapointe dand shocked at that add they wernt wearing those old granpa hats
    Stupid old farts -
    what we need is another war - eh
    Or less Medicare -
    or a points sytem?
    Yeah - that's it - we could run the score here. Just provide proof of a kill and the winner gets a 2nd hand Volvo - or somethin' of equal value (I wonder what that would be?).

has anyone else noticed something wrong with one of the volvo adds? theres one where theres a guy waiting at a set of lights to turn and the car infront of him just sits there so he goes bloody volvo driver, yet hes the one in the volvo and the car infront of him's an E class

the only bloody Volvo id bother with is one of those new S60R's with the 220kW turbocharged five cylinder. all wheel drive makes it a rex beater!

well too bad its not in the rex's class, if it was an s40r maybe......

There are more insipid car ads at the moment to bag.

For starts, there is that moronic VW ad where the girl in the polo (or golf...i forget) is bopping along to 'walk like an egyptian'. She pays zero attention to where she is going, doesn't check her mirrors, and realy doesn't seem to care that she is driving a potentially lethal ton of metal. Useless.

Or the Holden Vectra ad, where the marketing guy lines up four dougnuts on the table and says "what about a car thats wheels sort of....talk to each other". The head marketing loser responds with "now that's thinking".
    I think a better reply would have been "good heavens, what on earth do you mean?", or "you have just touched all those doughnuts, now nobody else will want to eat them, you selfish turd".

Or the Camry sportivo ad where the dude gets airlifted by chopper to the top of a mountain, then belts down it. Quite what they are saying about the Camry, I'm not sure, although it merely may be that they have nothing better to use to sell it, as it has the same motor as the regular camry.

well whatever grabs peoples attention. i personally hate the camry sportivo add where the guys tearing it up around a track, then when the engineers are talking to him they go on about the cupholders

Unchained

hmmm

Secure some chains to the FRONT under side of a holden ute, and stetch it a couple of feet...WTF, gaawd give us break,

if you have seen the inside of the crewman rear, there aint enough room for a six pack let alone try and drink one.
    Caution frequently sideways !

Bring on the GTHO !!

I think Holden should give up with the AC/DC theme and burnouts as cool as it was for the first add "create a storm" there have recently been rules put in place and these adds reall seem to be overstepping it and the fact the moire recents ones have quite frankly been...lame.

Re: Unchained

Originally posted by Tsar
    hmmm

Secure some chains to the FRONT under side of a holden ute, and stetch it a couple of feet...WTF, gaawd give us break,

if you have seen the inside of the crewman rear, there aint enough room for a six pack let alone try and drink one.
    theres been so many complaints about the rake on the rear seats its not funny anymore, i think holden want to rectify this problem by VZ. me and my twin brother have complained countless amounts of times of the stupidity behind the crewman add, mainly on the technical sides of things though: changing a coupe-utility to a cab chassis ute, monocoque chassis to hybrid, 18" wheels to 17" wheels but holden and ford have been left in the dark with the new laws against advertising cars so their left with all this bullshit

Thread Information