Thread: Ferrari in aggrogant bunch of unsporting gits shocker

Ferrari in aggrogant bunch of unsporting gits shocker

Well, not really a "shocker" as it is the same old nonsense from the jumped up FIAT team.

After all that rubbish about threatening to leave F1 if they didn't get more money, excluding the fact that they have one of the biggest budgets in F1 anyway, Ferrari are at it again:

Paul Stoddart announced in Brazil on Saturday evening that nine of the 10 Formula 1 teams have agreed to what he calls "a significant step forward" in cost-cutting with a proposal to have a control tyre and reduce testing dramatically.

"This is the first move towards achieving the goal of reducing the necessity to spend enormous sums of money in order to be competitive in Formula 1," said Stoddart. "Such a course of action will ensure the continued long term health of the sport and its participants."

In order to bring these proposals into force for the 2005 season, they must receive the unanimous agreement of the teams before October 31. Ferrari may refuse to sign up to the deal but if that is the case it will be held responsible for not only refusing to cut costs in F1 but also bringing about the demise of two of the sport's oldest races: the British and French Grands Prix.

At a meeting of the teams on Saturday it was agreed that they would compete in 19 events next year if the proposals outlined were accepted.

This puts Ferrari is a very difficult position not only because of the effect on the F1 calendar but also because Jean Todt, the boss of Ferrari, is a Frenchman and will no doubt come under pressure from his own nation to save the Grand Prix.

The proposal calls for a control tyre to be organised and testing to be restricted to 10 days during the F1 season.
    GrandPrix.com

They won't be happy untill they are the only team left on the grid will they?
    Thanks for all the fish

arrogant asswhipes

Maybe they should start their own sport called 'Formula Ferrari' that should shut them up.

Because 9 of 10 teams are loosing big again this season, it's no real surprise that they are for limiting testing, and Ferrari is against.
    Ferrari has Fiorano and Mugello very near to its home, so it's only understandable that they want to keep their advantage.

But please don't get me wrong. Even though I am a Ferrari Fan since 1985, I myself are absolutely for test restrictions.
    I can remember all teams testing thousands of km in Barcelona before the Spanish Grand Prix, just to notice during the sessions that the wind has totally changed and that all conlusions about the set-up were wrong.
    And for the spectator it would be better to include tests at the "normal" race weekend.

Perhaps Jean Todt should think not only for Ferrari but also for the whole sports!
    Even I myself don't want to see three Ferraris winning....
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

Ferrari werent invited to the meeting.

This is just another media based persuasion technique like Bernie and all the other teams use to get their wishes.

Wakey Wakey !!!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerider
    Ferrari werent invited to the meeting
    Even if they had been invited to the meeting, they still aren't supporting the changes.
    Thanks for all the fish

I dont know if they have been asked properly yet.

No-one does, as I said, this is just a media tactic used by one group to persuade others !!

I cant say as I blame Ferrari to being reluctant to some of the proposed changes given the vast amount of time money and effort they have expended to get where they are only to have it all brought back to zero again in the name of a level playing field. I mean, they own a couple of test tracks yet one suggestion is to reduce testing to just a few days - hardly worth the investment is it!!!

F1 is more smoke and mirrors than Politics, so its probably best to just let them all thrash it out and see what they come up with. Its not as if a bit of pathetic bleating on an insignificant little website is going to change anything anyways is it??

J.

I heard about Ferrari not being invited, dont know what to think of it really though, but yeah Jean Todt would have a huge weight over his shoulders about the decision. With making a control tyre and testing restrictions, all i can say is it hasnt ruined the V8 Supercars, and from what ive seen, they were gunna let the F1 teams have the friday of the GP an "unofficial" test day
    I am the Stig

With the greatest respect to ALL formulae of racing that are restricted to the degree that V8 Supercars, Porsche Supercup, Formula3000, Touring cars etc etc are.

You cant beat real racing of real racing cars that are designed to "beat" a set of rules rather than designed "by" a set of rules. The day F1 becomes a one or two make, out of the box precession of nearly identical cars will be the day I stop watching it forever.

J.

LMFAO they weren't invited AH HHAHHAHHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerider
    With the greatest respect to ALL formulae of racing that are restricted to the degree that V8 Supercars, Porsche Supercup, Formula3000, Touring cars etc etc are.

You cant beat real racing of real racing cars that are designed to "beat" a set of rules rather than designed "by" a set of rules. The day F1 becomes a one or two make, out of the box precession of nearly identical cars will be the day I stop watching it forever.

J.

i understand what your saying, but the only thing they want out of all these changes seems to be lower costs, and whilst everyone still spends wild amounts of money for that little extra edge, people are going to go broke. theyre going to HAVE to make compromises if they want to lower the costs
    I am the Stig

It wont make a difference.

When they banned turbos they just spent more time and mony making n/a jump from 600bhp to almost 1000bhp including a displacement drop from 3.5 to 3.0 litres.

When they banned active suspension they simply spent more and more money on wind tunnels etc to get the grip back from aerodynamics.

When they reduced mechanical grip with grooved tyres they simply spent fortunes via the tyre suppliers on research of different compounds.

Sao Paulo hasnt changed that much yet Juan Pablo managed to get over 2seconds under the lap record this year.

They are like an ever expanding gas, restrict them in one area and they just increase the pressure to gain an advantage somewhere else. Its always been the case, it currently is the case, and it always will be. If you have a budget of 200million and a team of 200people trying to make your car the best are you suddenly going to stop spending that money just because you cant test on the racetrack anymore?? No, you are going to drop fortunes into computing to have complete simulators to test there, I know they use them at the moment, but if you spent enough, I bet they could get ALOT better !!

Its like Brewsters Millions gone mad !!! lol

J.

Those measures were not specifically to reduce costs though, they were to reduce speed.
    Thanks for all the fish

Just to stir this up

So Ferrari are 'arrogant and unsporting gits" for suggesting to ober-fuhrer Ecclestone that his plans are mince ...

well, surprise suprise ..... http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31615

BMW, Mercedes and Honda area against the V8 proposals.
    foot .. shoe .. other .. on

Frankly, JYS and Dave Richards should get together and stick it to BE once and for all
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Just to stir this up

BMW, Mercedes and Honda area against the V8 proposals.
    foot .. shoe .. other .. on
    Yes, but they are just having a moan, not threatening to quit in a "the sport will never survive without us" ego trip, like the rouge flavour Napoleonic whingers from Modena.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information