Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: No! UCP Is Getting A Bad Name!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Which brings up the big question, would you type Raeikkoenen?
    Kimi would be good enough
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Which brings up the big question, would you type Raeikkoenen?
    Räikkönen...

@Henk: Jup, the same as Nürburgring. I knew that you meant ü, but I guess the others doesn't. :-)
    Last edited by Nerys; 02-25-2006 at 03:01 PM.
    "Shields up! Rrrrred alert!"
    http://nerys.has-no-homepage.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Nerys
    RäikkönNen...
    I have seen it written with 2 Ks and 2Ns. (Finnish is a language that should be banned anyway....)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I have seen it written with 2 Ks and 2Ns.
    Räikkönen is correct. It's not the Finnish language's problem journalists can't spell. Let's blame the Swede's for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    (Finnish is a language that should be banned anyway....)
    and the Dutch should admit that their language is German but just to make it look funny they use letter combinations like ij all the time.

edit:
    and if you have the dutch keyboard layout you can type letters like üäö by hitting the key marked by the arrow and then uao...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pando; 02-25-2006 at 05:55 PM. Reason: just to be nice
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I understand what you're getting at but I don't really agree though. When people get banned on this forum I think most of the members here would second the ban. In heated debates etc members can and are allowed to "get out of line" as long as they keep it civilized, but a member that's trashtalking 24/7 is just annoying and that's when the cleaning is needed. Here people don't take advantage of their semi-anonymity just to act like a jerk. A forum wihtout rules might be "fun", but I imagine just flaming people gets boring in the long run. Flaming someone only takes time and wits at most. Debating takes skills and knowledge.

Are you telling me that you wouldn't like to see all annoying punk-kids banned from playing Halo 2 live?
    well, seeing as most of the regulars have over 10k and heaps have over 20k, no it doesnt seem to get boring.

Im not saying trashtalking 24-7 is fun. As i said before, we have pretty heated debates which also require skills and knowledge. The debates are a lot more heated, and a lot more interesting than on here thats all. Little to no moderation helps to keep it interesting.

You should see when members make threads about leaving sc.net. They always come back cause its addicting.
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Moderation is VERY lenient on this forum IMO. Sometimes too lenient. I'd rule with an iron fist if I were a mod. I'm talking about being lenient towards spam, threads about pirating software, threads about other forums members that attack them etc.
    well i'd hate to be on a forum where you're a mod then.
    halo 2 - november 9

and if you have the dutch keyboard layout you can type letters like üäö by hitting the key marked by the arrow and then uao...
    totally unlike the keyboard Dell supplied my laptop with....

i do not think anybody needs a prove which forum is better than another... everybody is free to join to whatever forum they want... I guess Matra et Alpine is right it is like "kids who think their football team is better than others "...
    ''The ends justify the means''- Niccolo Machiavelli-d_Evil's Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    What makes SC great? I been there and have many Post, But i learnt very fast there is 3 things on that site.
    1. No respect
    2. No Commonsense.
    3. Anything goes. Your word is weak, Your opinion shit, And if some of the things that go on there happen here there would be permanent bands cause the moderators wouldn't sit on the hands. Speaking from personal experience there. How many moderators would stand by and let someone threaten someones life and insult there whole family on the threads and let it go after 20 Pm's to moderators and nothing was done?. (And why?, Because i disagreed with a comment). Here it would take 1 PM.
    People should be able to chat without all that crap.
    ha i remember when i made fun of eltoros father not knowing he was dead and he practically had a seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    ha i remember when i made fun of eltoros father not knowing he was dead and he practically had a seizure.
    haha awesome! i didnt see that.
    halo 2 - november 9

Moderation is VERY lenient on this forum IMO. Sometimes too lenient. I'd rule with an iron fist if I were a mod. I'm talking about being lenient towards spam, threads about pirating software, threads about other forums members that attack them etc.
    Don't be ridiculous.

The way we are moderated here is with allowance for us to speak our minds, have fun, and occasionally have a little fun tearing apart whichever naïve fool happens across us, be it Jakg or Fleet500...

Every time some eejit comes and posts spam, the thread is dealt with quickly and effectively, but we're allowed to have a little bit of sarcasm to bandy about afterwards. As for pirating software... well, if you'd looked at the price of Photoshop these days (around £500 here) and then thought about how much they're actually raking in... it's pretty disgusting.

It's a democracy, of sorts, and what sets it apart is that fact that everyone will have their opinion and generally be listened to and reasonably opposed.

Is there a list for people that under no circumstances should be given any type of moderation job?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Is there a list for people that under no circumstances should be given any type of moderation job?
    why do you think you haven't become a mod yet?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    why do you think you haven't become a mod yet?
    They're still getting their heads around how they can contain my awesomeness in a mere moderator position!

Whoa... the last thing we need a BoJ civil war... it'll be our undoing.

Keep the peace, and insult only the people who deserve it!

Jakg.

Thread Information