Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Thanks for sharing such a nice thread liked it.

So apparently a big update is coming next week, that will have much more alteration to the game experience. Dubbed "Spec 2.0", it'll add much of the features that were requested by end users since the game's release...

GT5 Spec 2.0 More

Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
    User control of the weather change feature.
    Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
    New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
    Improved UI response and usability.
    Replay forward/rewind.
    Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
    Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
    Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
    Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
    Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
    Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
    Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
    Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.

Also it was mentioned that DLCs may finally be coming...

Some of that probably should have been part of the game since the start(weather option that's controllable by user for example, and ability for storing multiple setup), but stuff like mid-race save and stuff is good addition since GT has always missed those for a game with multiple long races....

Yes I still play this game, somewhat regularly...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I've started replaying it again occassionally. Got stuck in the Online lounge GT competition with the standard 1.2 litre 500.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I got way too bored with the game and started buying cars I wanted to drive.

I find high powered cars to be twitchy with the controller. Perhaps it's me being too throttle happy, but I don't remember cars being so twitchy in GT3 and 4.

I agree, some of those should have been there in the first place.

On the DLC thing, I'm not a fan of those. A game should be a single purchase, DLCs are there to milk more money off of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    On the DLC thing, I'm not a fan of those. A game should be a single purchase, DLCs are there to milk more money off of you.
    Up to a point I agree with you. Stuff like tracks and stuff should be there in the first place(especially if its tracks from older GT games). But for something with real world time-relevance, like newer and better cars that comes out between generation of games(and for GT that generation gap can be LONG), I feel that we should have the option to add to the game. Coming from PC where those tend to be user-created content and free, its expected, but their quality can vary. I should hope that if Polyphonic were to release DLC cars, they should be up to the standard of the rest of the Premium cars...

I think it'll be awesome if they can release like the new grid of Super GT cars or DTM cars or something...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Up to a point I agree with you. Stuff like tracks and stuff should be there in the first place(especially if its tracks from older GT games). But for something with real world time-relevance, like newer and better cars that comes out between generation of games(and for GT that generation gap can be LONG), I feel that we should have the option to add to the game. Coming from PC where those tend to be user-created content and free, its expected, but their quality can vary. I should hope that if Polyphonic were to release DLC cars, they should be up to the standard of the rest of the Premium cars...

I think it'll be awesome if they can release like the new grid of Super GT cars or DTM cars or something...
    That's true, but I feel like if they do a "Greatest Hits" release, they'll make it much cheaper for the late adopters than the early adopters and throw in the DLC in for free.

GT5 is notorious for being late with everything. It would be a nice touch, especially for the big fans, if they provide the DLC for free.

But somehow, I doubt that.

There will be a free DLC and a $12 DLC (or buy them separately and pay more).

The $12 DLC includes new paint chips, 12 somewhat newer cars, 2 new tracks- SPA Francorchamps and a new kart track (wtf?). Oh, and new 90 new pieces of clothing.

Yeah, I'm keeping my money.

The free one is more significant, there will be interior modeling for all cars, faster load times, and improvements to photo mode so you can fast forward and rewind- a feature in GT4 that was somehow lost in GT5.

Details for the free DLC- details not all out yet.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...nd-price-drop/

Full details on the paid DLC- other than SPA, I don't think it's worth it. The car set maybe- one of them is an updated Red Bull crazy car, and supposedly 3 of them are new go-karts. One go-kart is enough for me, and some of the rest are supposed to be new touring cars.

So maybe it could be the HSV?

Products - gran-turismo.com

In any case, DLC can be a good thing and a bad thing- I feel like companies are taking too much advantage of it, pushing out a game that might need polishing and hoping that they might be able to fix it in the future.

In any case, the PS3 is really bad on updates- the fact that I am forced to update, whether I like it or not, just to get basic functions back is really annoying.

Install times are a real joke on the PS3- Bioshock is the worst. Starting up the game, it's a 45 minute to 1 hour long mandatory install.

Whew, rant over.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 10-11-2011 at 05:46 AM.

You forgot about MGS4.....

Spa will be a must for me(the fact that its not a 24 hour layout though is stupid), the new cars look interesting but nothing that dramatic(probably still get it though). I agree about the karting stuff though....we can make our own kart track with the track creator, why make one and put it in DLC. I'd love to have autox mode...lol. I also wish there is a race generator for offline....aside from one-make race maybe let you pick a track, setup the performance point for the AI, and set the tires and generate a grid for amount of laps specified....

The "free" one is not a DLC, its the update 2.0 I wrote about...

Other rant is still the Evo X for me. The car still drives weird about the initial update on fixing it. I think its AYC thing and how its emulated in the game f with the steering especially with wheel, causing the car to drive almost in a sinusoidal form in a straight line....The problem goes away as soon as you slap on a mechanical LSD....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

You forgot about MGS4.....

Spa will be a must for me(the fact that its not a 24 hour layout though is stupid), the new cars look interesting but nothing that dramatic(probably still get it though). I agree about the karting stuff though....we can make our own kart track with the track creator, why make one and put it in DLC. I'd love to have autox mode...lol. I also wish there is a race generator for offline....aside from one-make race maybe let you pick a track, setup the performance point for the AI, and set the tires and generate a grid for amount of laps specified....

The "free" one is not a DLC, its the update 2.0 I wrote about...

Other rant is still the Evo X for me. The car still drives weird about the initial update on fixing it. I think its AYC thing and how its emulated in the game f with the steering especially with wheel, causing the car to drive almost in a sinusoidal form in a straight line....The problem goes away as soon as you slap on a mechanical LSD....
    I forgot about MGS4- I think I might be buying the total remastered collection for it, I haven't played MGS1 and 2. 3 is worth it by itself. I think every time you moved to a new section, it would uninstall the older parts and reinstall newer bits. Really annoying, I agree.

I'll also eventually get the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection too.

Free update, free DLC, same difference.

Spa should be cool- but I don't like transactions through PSN, especially with that debacle before. I've never bought anything through PSN.

My major problem is that there are way too many tracks for me to learn. Monza and the German GP circuit is a major pain in the rear end. All the old tracks are not to bad, but the new tracks in the earlier parts of the game aren't used at all, so I never had a chance to fully learn it in slower cars.

I hope the free update brings some new free cars though, and updates older cars to better visuals.

Just need to drive more...lol

The only tracks that really bugs me are the custom course they use for the Seasonal events. I usually turn on the racing line for those since I am just playing seasonal events for giggles and collect trophies, with the least performing car I can.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Haha, yeah.

Oh yeah, these are the "new" cars.

Racing Car Pack - Gran Turismo 5 - Products - gran-turismo.com

Not significant at all.

Holy crap, more Skylines?

Most are meh. Kinda interested in the Impreza, RX7 and the CR-Z. Also interested in the Ring 24 GTR that comes with the update 2.0.

I still think part of the issue of the game is there are little suitable events to use these cars in. A lot of the cars I like really doesn't fall into any of the A-spec races and thus I can't race them. And I spend next to 0 time in Arcade mode. Last weekend though I had fun racing the Japanese championship in a tuned 2008 Type R Civic, I am about 40 PP off the AI car and the race was close and I had to drive well. Thats somewhat rare to get that kind of racing in GT....Some seasonal needs over powered car to overcome the 30 sec deficit(especially if you run on their tire), while most A-spec races are too narrow in their scope...The really hard races are the ones with the "race cars"(the LMPs and the likes), but in Gran Turismo in general I hate driving those(above Super GT-kind of cars the handling just gets really exaggerated, much preferred that kind of racing for PC racing sims). So I have much less desire to play the 24 hour races. I like the classes for the Ring 4 hours of the Tsukuba 9 hours, but there aren't enough of those around...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Spec 2.0 is a decent improvement on some issues with the game. Some have noted a change in physics, I haven't noticed too much of a change. But I haven't had to drive differently, so its not bad. New car like the new N24 GTR is pretty nice. And the addition of the silhouette cockpit view for standard car(and actually some nice modeled view for open top standard car) is pretty good in addressing the lack of interior. Now here is to hoping for new DLC content beyond the announced ones...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Spec 2.0 is a decent improvement on some issues with the game. Some have noted a change in physics, I haven't noticed too much of a change. But I haven't had to drive differently, so its not bad. New car like the new N24 GTR is pretty nice. And the addition of the silhouette cockpit view for standard car(and actually some nice modeled view for open top standard car) is pretty good in addressing the lack of interior. Now here is to hoping for new DLC content beyond the announced ones...
    I looked at the fixed list in the 2.0 update. Supposedly the fixed the AYC thing on the Evolution, you should take a look at that.

Any change in load times?

Photo mode should be much more enjoyable now though.

Nope it did not...one of the cars I've tried was the EvoX...the car still wanders....

I like the fact that you can rewind, but kinda takes the fun out of capturing the exhaust backfire...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information