Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dome builds a new Japanese closed-cockpit LMP1 car: the S102

FIA and ACO have a joint interest in GTs, but differ sometimes in the regulations. The MC12 is FIA homologated but refused by ACO.
    ALMS follows most of the ACO rules, with the lighter LMP2s as a notable exception. LeMans is a registered trademark, so if ALMS wants to use that name somehow, they have to listen quite closely to what the French have to say. And let's face it, for many teams participating in the Le Mans 24 hours is there reason for being. (again with some notable exceptions...)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Dome S102 Judd video

YouTube - DOME S 102 Presentation

Buggati circuit testing for Dome

(and Tokai University's Courage LC70 YGK)

Translated version of http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=5743
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Dome S102 Judd Earns SPEEDtv.com/Racecar Engineering Technical Advancement Award

June 14, 2008

AUTO-RACING - LE MANS: Dome S102 Earns SPEEDtv.com/Racecar Engineering Technical Advancement Award - SPEEDtv.com

Dome S102 Judd

looked the part... and went the part however not for very long sad really had a lot of potential... good test run... i like the look of the driver line up however... all toyota background... is this what the future holds? Toyota back in sports car racing? it would be nice to see the red and white cars back for anoher stab at the race...
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

All of the drivers of the # 11 Dome S102 Judd had never taken part in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Toyota is in NASCAR to sell trucks.

"We're racing Camrys to sell Tundras," says Jim Farley, Toyota Division vice president of marketing.

Toyota raises dust in NASCAR - AutoWeek Magazine

Toyota needs to understand this, though.

By racing in a vacuum, NASCAR's sphere of influence begins to wane.

FUMES #441 - Fumes - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    I like that article, it gives a nice picture of what is obviously the soul of NASCAR, however the writer should have known that Daimler Benz no longer owns Chrysler, so that is "pure" American again....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Toyota needs to understand this, though.

By racing in a vacuum, NASCAR's sphere of influence begins to wane.

FUMES #441 - Fumes - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...
    very nice article too, "in terms of technology, NASCAR being the opposite of relevant motorsport...."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I like that article, it gives a nice picture of what is obviously the soul of NASCAR, however the writer should have known that Daimler Benz no longer owns Chrysler, so that is "pure" American again....
    What do you mean the soul of NASCAR? Are you referring to the advertising and how it is money and sponsorship driven? Or the technology or something else?

I would have appreciated some statistics though. He said things like NASCAR is losing viewership and attendance but did not give any hard information on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What do you mean the soul of NASCAR? Are you referring to the advertising and how it is money and sponsorship driven? Or the technology or something else?

read at what groups (and regions) Toyota is now aiming its marketing efforts....

Great picture of Dome S102 Judd with Audi R10 TDi

# 1 Audi R10 TDi with the # 11 Dome S102 Judd at Le Mans, 2008

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/mul...otorsports.jpg

1280 x 1024 and 1400 x 1050

Team ECOSpeed: a new challenger for Endurance Racing

Newly founded Team ECOSpeed, based in Lugano, Switzerland, is ready to challenge the established competitors in Le Mans Series, Asian Le Mans Series, selected events of American Le Mans Series, and, if the entry is accepted, the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

website currently under construction

http://www.team-ecospeed.com/

Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite

So they are planning for this year? Are they going to take over Dome's entry or a new car?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I'm not sure if they are taking over Dome's entry for the 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans. I hope Dome returns themselves again for that endurance race.

The new Asian Le Mans Series will have two events later this year with a full schedule in 2010. Team ECOSpeed plans to race in the 2009 Le Mans Series, the 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 14-15 (if accepted), and the 12th running of the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta (1,000 miles or 10 hours, whichever comes first). I hope they will compete at round 10 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca which is the only track where a Dome chassis has competed in the ALMS.

Planetlemans.com | Team ECOSpeed announces endurance racing plans

Thread Information