Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan GT-R Proto 2005

Nissan GT-R Proto 2005

no press release yet, other than the website saying this is a clear indicator of the production model GTR in 2007...
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, I'm going to have to get a spit-bucket fixed to my chest to catch all the drool!

Nissan Unveils the GT-R PROTO - Official Launch Set for 2007

At the 35th Tokyo Motor Show in 2001, Nissan unveiled the GT-R Concept, confirming that the GT-R legend would be continued into the 21st century. Then, at the 37th Tokyo Motor Show in 2003, Nissan announced the next-generation GT-R would be rolled out in 2007. Now with the launch of the production model just two years away, the development of the new GT-R has moved ahead again with the reveal of the GT-R PROTO.

Ultimate Driving Pleasure

In essence, driving pleasure means that a car responds faithfully to the driver's wishes and performs precisely as expected. Successive generations of the GT-R have consistently pursued this vision of ultimate driving pleasure. Whether on the road or the racetrack, the GT-R has always represented ultimate performance combined with handling qualities that stay faithful to the driver’s wishes, in all conditions. As a result, the GT-R has built a reputation that extends far beyond just its loyal owner base.

Exterior Design

The design of the GT-R PROTO expresses pure GT-R heritage, coming from the first model PGC10 (1969) through R34 (1999), in a new and expressive form.

From its original roots as a pure-bred Japanese performance car, the new GT-R will now be a car sold globally, recognizing its ability to compete with the very best in the world. For the first time in its history, the new GT-R will be designed as a specific body-style, and not derived from a sedan.

The design language of the GT-R PROTO is expressed by a distinctive body-style that communicates pure performance and functionality. The form of the GT-R PROTO instantly expresses its purpose and potential, but in a way that is unique to this iconic car.

At the front end, the single centre air intake is designed to optimize airflow and to strongly link the identity of the GT-R from R34 to GT-R Concept (2001). Front fenders are uniquely designed through intensive analysis of the airflow around the tires and the air vent behind the front fender also optimizes aerodynamics. The sides of the body are sculptured towards the rear fender, expressing the power and dynamic tension of the car.

The overall shape of the body combines solid and smooth surfaces to achieve the look of a well-trained athlete. The unique C-pillar crease is designed for optimum aerodynamics, reflecting the racing DNA of the GT-R.

The rear of the GT-R PROTO is strong and well defined. The signature four ring-shaped tail lamps provide an immediate visual link to previous GT-R models. Four large-bore exhaust pipes complete the purposeful look, which could only be that of a pure GT-R.

The GT-R PROTO provides for the first time a clear indication of the final design direction for the production model to be launched in 2007, the first all-new GT-R in eight years.
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

Omg T3h Gtrzorz!!! Omg Wtf Jdm Nawwwwwz!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    yeah, i was just thinking the same
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    damn n00bs..
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Looks like a toy car.. too round.

i find it verry hot
    i just hope that the quality improves so that when buying a skyline u wouldnt think that they r riping u off with all the money their asking 4

i REALLY want one

I'm not going to get all excited over a drawing but I just hope the real car is somewhere near that nice.

I drew a pic that looks alot like that car awhile ago. I can draw pretty good, and I'll post it some time. Mine was supposed to be like a two door Evo. lol. But thats sick. Honey, where did you put my hundred grand?

Round tail lights! THANK YOU!

(And yes I'm Japanese)
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

Isn't this a drawing of the GTR prototype of two years ago?

the fron looks kinda the same, vertical lights and black strip... anyone got pics of that one?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20

the fron looks kinda the same, vertical lights and black strip... anyone got pics of that one?
    I think it is also..

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20

no it was a brand new press release from a couple of days ago...

Thread Information