Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh happy daaaayyys!

Oh happy daaaayyys!

ok well i just felt like sharing this, because i personally am excited off my ass, im running in circles and jumping around

my dad gave me the contacts to track down his old 911 (1969 911 S) and he said in 9 months we could probably buy it back, and start restoration/customization

his friend builds muscle cars so i emailed him about getting some parts and possibly a respray

i dont know what it looks like now, all i know is that the guy my dad sold it to sold it a year ago.

the way it would go is that we would work a few hours a day that summer (9 months from now) on rebuilding the engine and cleaning everything well so it would be ready for my to drive when im 16, he would teach me to drive in his expedition while this is going on and then send me to high performance driving school before he lets me drive my 911

add anything you want, i dont really care if you dont like the idea, im just too excited to care really

oh happy dayayays when jesus walked oh happy daaays
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

remember to post pics

9 months from now, but im sure i will, but heres what it looked like a decade ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet.
    Although, I'd take a 944 Turbo.

poor poor 911
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Good luck m_p, and congratulations! However, for the first 3-6 months drive it as you would a normal car, and only test it's limits at a race-track. Showing one or two of your friends how many g's it pulls through a corner will either result in you or your car being injured, bad.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Good luck m_p, and congratulations! However, for the first 3-6 months drive it as you would a normal car, and only test it's limits at a race-track. Showing one or two of your friends how many g's it pulls through a corner will either result in you or your car being injured, bad.
    dont worry dude, my dad is a very safe person and im sure if i ever crash i will be more scared of him that what could have happened in the car

meaning, he will kick my ass and take away my car if i get a ticket or in a wreck, so i doubt ill be doing much of either

although i WILL be joining PCA the day i get it, and taking it to a track day after its done being made and ive driven it for a while

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Sweet.
    Although, I'd take a 944 Turbo.
    haha why? just wondering, im not knocking your choice

edit: oh yeah this breakthorugh in my frist car search came after i presented him with a speech about why he should allow me to get a car when im 15 and gave him about 20 points which he said were very very well thought out and presented

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    haha why? just wondering, im not knocking your choice

edit: oh yeah this breakthorugh in my frist car search came after i presented him with a speech about why he should allow me to get a car when im 15 and gave him about 20 points which he said were very very well thought out and presented
    My father had a 944 Turbo, then a Turbo S, the Turbo S of which was the 1st car I ever drove.

I haven't felt so much in touch with a car since that car or the Turbo model. I really hope to find one and rebuy it.

i wanna find a nice track where i could take my 240sx to, but not too far from where i live,lol.

anywayz, thats kool that you'll get to drive a porche later on.....just be safe with it.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    My father had a 944 Turbo, then a Turbo S, the Turbo S of which was the 1st car I ever drove.

I haven't felt so much in touch with a car since that car or the Turbo model. I really hope to find one and rebuy it.
    so its kind of the same thing, our dad's old cars and we want to buy them back! how old are you buy the way?

944 turbo s or 911 ts?

the one, its not just driving "A" porsche its getting to drive "THE" porsche! this is my favorite car anyone i know has ever had, and thats saying alot because i know somepoeople with some pretty awesome cars, anyway its just full of special memories form when i was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    i wanna find a nice track where i could take my 240sx to, but not too far from where i live,lol.

anywayz, thats kool that you'll get to drive a porche later on.....just be safe with it.
    theres a 1.8 mile road course up near my area only about 30-40 miles from me. But you'd probly be too far away for that.
    eat cicada

i dunno dude, my dad used to go 5 or so states away fro races, im sure i could do the same with him, what road course? wait oklahoma, ive been there when he raced there!! hallet raceway? or hallet something?

Sounds good, sounds like your dad has faith in you to be a careful and responsible driver, PLEEEEEEASE be careful with it

Have fun with it as a daily driver, you might have to wait to do track events untill you are 18 though. I would definetly recommend doing autocross before taking it on track, it gives you a chance to learn how to control the car, learn its limits, and your limits.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thread Information