Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Layout

New Layout

Good day,

Today we are proud to present a new layout, which for the first time is uniform throughout Ultimatecarpage.com. The obvious changes in colours are combined with some minor changes in the layout and functionality.

On the main page the changes are subtle and mostly include the slight moving around of familiar functions. The supporting members will see bigger changes with the spec table moved next to the image gallery and article at car features.

For the forum users the biggest change is the post layout. The new style is more efficient and also presents all information vertically, making it more obvious whose post you are reading. To keep the user-info box as small as possible we have adjusted the avatar size for supporting members, which is now 200x90 as opposed to 90x90 for regular members. It has also opened up space for more attachments per post.
    On the main forum page the list of newly added cars makes its long awaited return.

With the new style we decided to add a fresh new logo with a number of new cars. They now also appear randomly on forum pages.

If you run into any problems please let us know in this thread.

All the changes are rounded up in the following screen shots.

Thanks for your time and enjoy this and your future visits!

Wouter Melissen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 03-06-2006 at 09:17 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The new layout is amazing nice job Wouter!
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Yeah, very good!

Especially like the spec table being on the right, thats where my ads are!

For that i might just send a few quid along...

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Yeah, very good!

Especially like the spec table being on the right, thats where my ads are!

For that i might just send a few quid along...
    I can't disclose much yet, but you can expect more new premium features in the very near future.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

*counts how much change i have*

Hmm, in 10 schooldays i could have enough... saving £2 a day

i love this layout because i hated the previous one because i loved the one before the previous one

the enemy's enemy is your friend?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I'll repeat what I said in the lock thread: You need to revert to vertical avatars. This is a readability nigthmare. And while you're at it limit the size of sigs. Say to two lines of text.

But, I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    But, I'm pretty sure that won't happen.
    I think you may have guessed correctly. I am confident that it may need some time to get used to. However, the limitation of the signature size, about which I made a jocular remark because GT1 Street has a complete shopping list, warrants a serious approach.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Good stuff lad... Its really good... Gave me a bit of a fright when i first saw it but it makes reading more easier...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    I'll repeat what I said in the lock thread: You need to revert to vertical avatars. This is a readability nigthmare. And while you're at it limit the size of sigs. Say to two lines of text.
    saying it with your "as a matter of fact" "tone" doesnt stop this from just being an opinion
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Its just change, Relax you will get used to it
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

to tell you the truth, i like the previous layout more, seemed to be more functional. but anyway probably i'll get used to this one with time
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    to tell you the truth, i like the previous layout more, seemed to be more functional. but anyway probably i'll get used to this one with time
    some people have an in-build tendency to oppose to changes. Nothing wrong with that, but most of the time it will happen as you describe. It is a matter of getting used to. You might ask yourself the hypothetical question: Would you have avoided UPC if the forums had always been like this?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

we'll all adjust, its like getting used to a new car, you have to sometime.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

As of right now, I like everything except for the steering wheels, and the light blue box w/ the username, avvy, location, posts, etc. being 2x the size of the post box. (in 1 or 2 line posts)

then again, I have signatures turned off.

EDIT: I just viewed this thread w/ sigs turned on, and it looked a tad worse. I just think the post box should be lengthened in height by 60-80 pixels.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 03-05-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Thread Information