Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the fastest speed you driven at, and in what car?

205km/h in this mustang at Dunnville Speedway. I wasn't driving (and I won't be for 10 months).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're in control you're not going fast enough.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I know which ride FELT the fastest...35mph in a Twister Hammerhead go-kart. In the woods in our back yard, it feels like 235mph. Has to be the most fun little machine of all time.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

190 kmph in an Alfa Romeo 156 ... it's a damn nice car
    can Desire be engineered ?

200Km/h in my Toyota Carina 1,6 from 91,
    But i think the fastest is about 240Km/h in a BMW..
    Aint Nothin' Lika A Benz....

454 m.p.h. in Auto-x-bonne.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    454 m.p.h. in Auto-x-bonne.
    So, the rumors that the bonne broke the speed of sound barrier were gross exaggerations? The Mach-bonne...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    So, the rumors that the bonne broke the speed of sound barrier were gross exaggerations? The Mach-bonne...
    NOS hasn't been installed yet, plus, the GT-R badge fell off.

200km/h in an Audi A4 1.8 NA (With a puny 125hp). Don't dare trying that in my 1.8T now. Lost the guts.

But the most courageous thing i've ever done is not speeding to max speed, it's speeding in traffic that is, keeping around 170km/h while veering in and out of traffic full of cars around 80kp/h in a 99' Accord 2.0. My right foot cant stop shivering after all the hard braking and hard accelerating. (YES< speeding with an Autobox is more tiresome than a manual, and dangerous!)

**Kids, dont try this at home ----- you should try it on the highway. **

The back straight at Sebring in my own 3.0 CSL at 142 MPH. At Moroso,
    the distance between turns 7 and 8A is shorter, the same car only manages 126 MPH. Fun.

The same place (Sebring) as a passenger (!) in an IMSA GTP Porsche 962 at 172 MPH. Sunset bend comes up pretty quick. Earlier in the hot lap at Webster I thought I'd soil myself. I have no idea of the speed at that point, but the change in direction(s) was astonishing. Gotta give up to anyone that does that stuff professionally. Balls of steel.

In my enduro kart at the same venue in the 1980s, 112 mph. It felt like 200.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177
    The same place (Sebring) as a passenger (!) in an IMSA GTP Porsche 962 at 172 MPH.
    holy crap, that must have been an absolute beast. Saw one at Phillip island race track and he pretty much lapped everyone inside of 5 laps (the competition wasn't slow either... porsche 906 etc and 935k)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    holy crap, that must have been an absolute beast. Saw one at Phillip island race track and he pretty much lapped everyone inside of 5 laps (the competition wasn't slow either... porsche 906 etc and 935k)
    It's not, really... remarkably smooth (inasmuch as a race car can be at Sebring) but pretty tight belted in an off-set seat. Pretty refined ride in the Germanic way. Speed wasn't so noticable, but lateral and braking forces were terrific, arse clenching as described earlier.

The Holdens and Falcons (like our TransAm Mustangs and Camaros) raced down where you are in the 1970's... those were beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177
    It's not, really... remarkably smooth (inasmuch as a race car can be at Sebring) but pretty tight belted in an off-set seat. Pretty refined ride in the Germanic way. Speed wasn't so noticable, but lateral and braking forces were terrific, arse clenching as described earlier.

The Holdens and Falcons (like our TransAm Mustangs and Camaros) raced down where you are in the 1970's... those were beasts.
    yeah, in a Oh-Shit-More-Opposite-Lock kind of way..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah, in a Oh-Shit-More-Opposite-Lock kind of way..

Exactly! To wit:

I did 220 km/h on a highway in a 2003 Acura 3.2 TL at like 11 PM. That was scary as ****. Luckily there were no cops. 220km/h is about 140mph. I also did 180km/h (110mph) in a 1993 Plymouth Voyager (the minivan) for an extended period of time - about 30 - 60 seconds. Jokes.

Did a little over 220Kph in a V8 commodore, wind noise was a bit of a concern then the bonnet pressed in from wind force. Audibly.

Thread Information