View Poll Results: Lotus Elise R vs. Mini Cooper S JCW

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lotus Elise R

39 90.70%
  • Mini Cooper S JCW

4 9.30%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Lotus Elise R vs. the Mini Cooper S JCW.

Good idea- let the same knuckle head who works on Corollas all day near your $50,000 track toy. Let me know how that works out for you.

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    Elise all the way, besides i doubt i can fit in a mini without some problems
    If you can't fit in in a Mini there is NO WAY YOU ARE EVER fitting in an Elise.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Toyota dealers don't service Lotuses last I checked. And if you think Lotus charges Toyota prices for engine parts, you've got another thing coming.
    it costs about the same as the mini to service. it's more expensive for consumables such as tires and brakes, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    If you can't fit in in a Mini there is NO WAY YOU ARE EVER fitting in an Elise.
    qft
    unless you left the roof off permanently
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    The running costs of a toyota engine are suddenly higher than that of a BMW? wtf...
    Just because an engine is made by Toyota, doesn't mean it'll have the reliability of every other Toyota engine. It's a Toyota engine that is revved to hell and back.

As I said earlier in the thread, it drinks oil and petrol like no tomorrow. It eats tyres for breakfast and the suspension bushings wear out in minutes. Insurance Group 20. And then there are the multitude of unpredictable problems you get ... electricals going, oil leaks, cooling problems. And by unpredictable, I actually mean it's unpredictable what problem you're going to get this week

Oh and get one with forced induction and you're in for an even bigger shock If anything the Lotus teaches you that you can put a price on happiness ... unfortunately that price is pretty damn high. Oh and please don't mention depreciation.

I think the pole results say it all. No contest. Chalk and cheese comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    typical brittish rant

Who cares? when it looks so sexy, and is so fun, What does it matter? plus, over here we dont get traffic, and out roads are better , so exige/elise = win
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Typical ignorant rant
    How are you meant to drive a car if you can't afford the petrol/insurance/parts for it?

Hell, if it was as simple as how you've made it out to be I'd still be driving the Exige. However it doesn't quite work like that in the real world, Whiteballz

I'm no fan of the Mini. The Clubman, by the way, looks hideous from the rear end.

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    How are you meant to drive a car if you can't afford the petrol/insurance/parts for it?

Hell, if it was as simple as how you've made it out to be I'd still be driving the Exige. However it doesn't quite work like that in the real world, Whiteballz
    Oh noes!

Nowhere in the original post does it mention anything about running costs or anything of the sort, I appreicate that you guys are going into more detail, But it was a simple question - Simple answer call IMO. Regardless, You dont buy a car you cant afford the ancillaires on, and should be aware of all issues with a car before buying, so I'd still say elise
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Oh noes!

Nowhere in the original post does it mention anything about running costs or anything of the sort, I appreicate that you guys are going into more detail, But it was a simple question - Simple answer call IMO. Regardless, You dont buy a car you cant afford the ancillaires on, and should be aware of all issues with a car before buying, so I'd still say elise
    Well if you had taken the time to read the whole thread, you will have noticed that my posts are not in reply to the original post

Thread Information