Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Car Pages addiction during work time

Ultimate Car Pages addiction during work time

Does anyone else find themselves endlessly refreshing forums on here while at work, dying from complete boredom and waiting in anticipation for someone else to post?

I used to be like that. Then it slowed down a bit and I lurk less often.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I used to be like that. Then it slowed down a bit and I lurk less often.
    I think that it is also a case now that more forum members post here because they have something useful to post, and less because they feel that they need to post something.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I check about every hour along with another couple of websites I always look at - but I do love finding something that seems to be post worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE_MAN View Post
    I check about every hour along with another couple of websites I always look at - but I do love finding something that seems to be post worthy.
    When you have eaten half your lunch by 10.30 and are too tired work, to tired to swat up in wiki, have yahoo answers blocked and have read all the news and motorsport news available to man, ultimate car pages is the only sensible option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScrutineer View Post
    When you have eaten half your lunch by 10.30 and are too tired work, to tired to swat up in wiki, have yahoo answers blocked and have read all the news and motorsport news available to man, ultimate car pages is the only sensible option.
    did you already have a look at all 3948 cars now featured on the site?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    did you already have a look at all 3948 cars now featured on the site?
    Starting to look and very interesting. Trying to ween myself off wiki for car info and onto this site.

Starting to look and very interesting. Trying to ween myself off wiki for car info and onto this site.
    good man, and rest assured that the pictures are generally better than on wiki

Also article are usually much more complete and interesting.

And if there's no new post, well then what I do is search for hi-res pics of obscure cars we still don't have.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

to be honest once i've looked at the new cars in the weekly updates, checked out and voted on the photography comps and seen what peoples latest purchases are there's not really much else to look at. quiet around here compared to the old days.

Guys, my point was my work is completely boring, the only form of entertainment I have is this website, I didn't want to diss it!

Guys, my point was my work is completely boring, the only form of entertainment I have is this website, I didn't want to diss it!
    No problem, just start surfing a little, if you go to one racing car there usually is an easy option to link to other cars and you can spent weeks reading everything..(just don't think that the forum is the whole website, as some speaker just did before you)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Also article are usually much more complete and interesting.

And if there's no new post, well then what I do is search for hi-res pics of obscure cars we still don't have.
    Haha, I've seen the mass updates you do. That's insane.

But still, very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    to be honest once i've looked at the new cars in the weekly updates, checked out and voted on the photography comps and seen what peoples latest purchases are there's not really much else to look at. quiet around here compared to the old days.
    Would you prefer 3,000 G35Coupes to make the forum all busy again?

I only check it once a day but then again i'm in college and i have stuff to do but sometimes everything stops and i find myself really really bored (like on weeknights when no one's throwin a party) so i go thru the cars and read about the ones that catch my eye. Lately that's been a problem tho b/c the Mustang ads on the car pages nearly freeze my comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I only check it once a day but then again i'm in college and i have stuff to do but sometimes everything stops and i find myself really really bored (like on weeknights when no one's throwin a party) so i go thru the cars and read about the ones that catch my eye. Lately that's been a problem tho b/c the Mustang ads on the car pages nearly freeze my comp.
    A solution to the add problem you seem to have.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/payments.php

Something that I like to do is go to ebay and search for "other makes" under motors. Nothing like a little drooling to help pass the time.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information