Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Miscellaneous

Old 02-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

USA, Colorado, Vallecito Lake
To be legal in the U.S., the cars headlights would need to be a certain distance off the ground, as well as the tailights off the top of my head I think its around 22-23". Each state also has its own statutes limiting what can be road legal. In WI for example no car above 800 bhp is considered road legal. Also, tires are another thing which can exclude cars from being road legal. The depth of tread and driving semi-slicks in the winter are just a few.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Fanatic

In US it'll be hard, but I think its not impossible in UK or continent Europe, I mean a Radical SR3 and stuff can be road legal, I don't see what's stopping an Audi R10....
Old 02-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
I don't see what's stopping an Audi R10....
Speedbumps....
Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
The Jaguar XJR-15 was interesting to look at. I never knew of this car until today.

The only real Jaguar supercar that I did know of was the XJ220. Love this site and the random cars you come across.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Novice

lisbon, portugal
If I´m not wrong it began as a porsche race car that dauer converted to a road car, which was then converted to a new race car!!
quite curious how a rule change (from prototypes to GT1) made this possible!
Old 02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Speedbumps....
something I doubt a Radical can clear without raising the rideheight a bunch either....
Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kingofthering
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Speedbumps....
Not a problem. After all, Quiggs' VeeDub has been scientifically proven to be the lowest car in the world, yet it seems to be street legal.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Fanatic

Northampton, Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Quiggs Send a message via MSN to Quiggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
Not a problem. After all, Quiggs' VeeDub has been scientifically proven to be the lowest car in the world, yet it seems to be street legal.
I'm going lower. Ants will run in fear.

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
dads is too long so it wont fit
so i took hers out
and put mine in
Old 02-19-2015, 05:04 AM
Novice

Yes we can. The bumpers.

Last edited by rapidos; 03-05-2016 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Furniture

I think this is as close as you can get to driving a car to Le Mans, attempt to win it, and then driving it back.

Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003

But probably the McLaren GT-R is the last car you could win it and drive it back in, without much modifications.

Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-21-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:39 PM

US
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
But probably the McLaren GT-R is the last car you could win it and drive it back in, without much modifications.
Exactly. A couple of bumpers, a wing, a cage, and some restrictors to make the engine less powerful..

...I love that car.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Furniture

The Macca holds a special place in my heart. I grew up reading it was the fastest car on earth when I thought that mattered. I've always thought it was ugly, frankly, but it was one of those cars that got me into cars, and to this day I remember arguments over its speed with classmates in junior school. Now, I see it as one of the purest supercars that have the same form factor of "normal cars" (excluding kit cars, and things like the Ariel Atom or Donkervoort, etc), and a brilliant fusion of high mechanical engineering with a a focus on the driver.

Years ago, when McLaren announced they were going to build sportscars again, we all wanted them to best the F1, secretly knowing this was impossible. The P1 is magnificent, but not transcendent of its genre. We may well never see an "F1" again. Truth be told, that is ok. It stands alone.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:19 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
The F1 is one of those "milestone" cars, you know like the first mid-engined production supercar, the first supercar to hit 200mph, and so on and so forth. The most recent of those cars was the Veyron, which was the first proper production car to hit 400km/h.

I am in no doubt that eventually engineers will start working on another "milestone" car, maybe when we all go electric.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:38 AM
Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
The Macca holds a special place in my heart. I grew up reading it was the fastest car on earth when I thought that mattered. I've always thought it was ugly, frankly, but it was one of those cars that got me into cars, and to this day I remember arguments over its speed with classmates in junior school. Now, I see it as one of the purest supercars that have the same form factor of "normal cars" (excluding kit cars, and things like the Ariel Atom or Donkervoort, etc), and a brilliant fusion of high mechanical engineering with a a focus on the driver.

Years ago, when McLaren announced they were going to build sportscars again, we all wanted them to best the F1, secretly knowing this was impossible. The P1 is magnificent, but not transcendent of its genre. We may well never see an "F1" again. Truth be told, that is ok. It stands alone.
I never thought the F1 was ugly. If you compare it to its contemporaries, like the CLK-GTR, the Bugatti EB110, and the Porsche 911 GT1, you'll see it's a much better rounded package.

I'm not sure if the P1 is the best all rounder in this generation of hypercar though. I'm rooting for the Porsche 918, it just looks prettier than the P1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
The F1 is one of those "milestone" cars, you know like the first mid-engined production supercar, the first supercar to hit 200mph, and so on and so forth. The most recent of those cars was the Veyron, which was the first proper production car to hit 400km/h.

I am in no doubt that eventually engineers will start working on another "milestone" car, maybe when we all go electric.
You're probably right, but I still think supercars peaked in the early 2000s, with the Carrera GT.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Furniture

Speaking of which, anyone see this?

The SCG003 just got released. Is he calling it the SCG003 because 001 was the P4/5 and 002 is the P4/5 Competizione?

Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003: This Is It