Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monteverdi Hai 650 F1 1992-1995

Monteverdi Hai 650 F1 1992-1995

1992 Monteverdi Hai 650 F1 #1
    850kg, Ford 3.5 V6 turbo with 641hp / 478 kW.

The Monteverdi Hai 650 F1 was a prototype Swiss supercar produced in the 1990s.

In 1992 Monteverdi decided to re-enter the car scene. To achieve that he needed something stunning and capturing to cause a stir, such as the Monteverdi Hai 450 SS did back in 1970. The target was to create the ultimate supercar, and a true F1 car for the road. To accomplish that, the company used a Formula 1 chassis from the defunct Monteverdi - Onyx F1 team plus its engine. The car itself was built around an actual F1 chassis utilizing a Ford DFR V8 F1 engine, though in detuned form. The car was named Hai 650 F1, paying homage to its lineage started with the Hai 450 SS of 1970 and denoting the car's power output and F1 pedigree. The car was shown to several potential customers and a few orders were taken, although no cars seem to have been sold to customers. Two prototypes have been built, both currently residing in the Monteverdi Museum in Basel, Switzerland.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 07-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.

3.5 V6 Ford?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Good Hi-Res pic's of this car are rare, so I presume this is all we got?

Yeah he only has the one shot. I'll see if I can find anymore.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    3.5 V6 Ford?
    similar engine to the 3.0 used by Noble?

edit: maybe not in 1992

more info:
    http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio...122&Monteverdi
    Last edited by jediali; 04-18-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    similar engine to the 3.0 used by Noble?

edit: maybe not in 1992
    That's why I asked

A turbocharged 3.5-litre Cosworth V8 (derived from the late 80's/early 90's endurance racers) would actually make more sense to me, altough I could be mistaken.
    Visca Catalunya!

as my new link stated its a 4vpc Ford V6. My bet it was bored out (it has a high bore:stroke ratio considering the aspiration). The protoype had a na V8 IIRC
    autozine.org

as my new link stated its a 4vpc Ford V6. My bet it was bored out (it has a high bore:stroke ratio considering the aspiration). The protoype had a na V8 IIRC
    Could it be the Jaguar V6 in the XJ220? I think it is, bore, stroke and displacement conicide.

This was loosely based in the V6 in the Metro 6R4, wasn't it?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Could it be the Jaguar V6 in the XJ220? I think it is, bore, stroke and displacement conicide.

This was loosely based in the V6 in the Metro 6R4, wasn't it?
    it was a metro V6 in the xj220 however it was a rover engine IIRC. the bore stroke comparo is spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial Austin-Rover Web Resource;
    literally the 3.5 litre V8 with two cylinders chopped off
    i think they where truly representing britain by being thrifty

see
    http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?mgrev6r4f.htm
    autozine.org

it was a metro V6 in the xj220 however it was a rover engine IIRC. the bore stroke comparo is spooky.
    Yes but when Ford acquired Jaguar in 1989 they might have also acquired the rights of the Rover/Jaguar engine.

By the way, everything I have found on the internet about this car (except the link you have) points at a V8 powerplant for this car...

Examples:
    http://www.tobiasullrich.de/montever...ai2/index.html
    http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...1/default.aspx
    http://www.diseno-art.com/encycloped...ai_650_f1.html
    Visca Catalunya!

hmmm, your probably right. Maybe there was a difference in the concept and the (limited) production spec that's not specified properly in the websites.
    autozine.org

Error: Mea Culpa

Hi guys

I'm the editor at Carfolio. The specs for the Monteverdi Hai 650 F1 are WRONG on my site , and I will have them changed at the next update. I added the car many years ago and I can't locate my sources for it, but I have found enough evidence out there, including a pic of it at the Monteverdi musuem itself with some basic specifications printed on a board in front of it that I can just barely make out, to indicate that I have it wrong. I'm sure my original source was wrong too, but as I said, I can't find it at the moment. I did unearth the source for the length & width, which are probably correct. Is anyone near enough to the Monteverdi museum in Basel to pop in? I'm located in South Africa which makes it quite a trip!

http://www.madle.org/montehai650y95.jpg

That is the image I mentioned above.
    Last edited by zaktoo; 04-19-2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Added link to image. And poor spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by zaktoo View Post
    Hi guys

I'm the editor at Carfolio. The specs for the Monteverdi Hai 650 F1 are WRONG on my site , and I will have them changed at the next update. I added the car many years ago and I can't locate my sources for it, but I have found enough evidence out there, including a pic of it at the Monteverdi musuem itself with some basic specifications printed on a board in front of it that I can just barely make out, to indicate that I have it worng. I'm sure my original source was wrong too, but as I said, I can't find it at the moment. I did unearth the source for the length & width, which are probably correct. Is anyone near enough to the Monteverdi museum in Basel to pop in? I'm located in South Africa which makes it quite a trip!
    Zaktoo,

I do believe I sampled the specifications from Carfolio, so thank you very much for the corrections.
    I don't believe there are many members located that close, but who knows, someone might have pictures.

Oh and welcome to UCP.

Quote Originally Posted by zaktoo View Post
    Hi guys

I'm the editor at Carfolio. The specs for the Monteverdi Hai 650 F1 are WRONG on my site , and I will have them changed at the next update. I added the car many years ago and I can't locate my sources for it, but I have found enough evidence out there, including a pic of it at the Monteverdi musuem itself with some basic specifications printed on a board in front of it that I can just barely make out, to indicate that I have it wrong. I'm sure my original source was wrong too, but as I said, I can't find it at the moment. I did unearth the source for the length & width, which are probably correct. Is anyone near enough to the Monteverdi museum in Basel to pop in? I'm located in South Africa which makes it quite a trip!

http://www.madle.org/montehai650y95.jpg

That is the image I mentioned above.
    Thanks for the info Zaktoo.

I read somewhere that it had a BMW V8, but that looks unlikely too, as displacement doesn't seem coincide with the period BMW V8's.
    Visca Catalunya!

the engine is

1988 Ford Cosworth 3.5 liter, V8 ,Naturally aspirated , original F1 engine

578 [email protected] rpm

Thread Information