Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    If you walk into a Mclaren factory planning to steal something... STEAL THE CAR!!! What an idiot.
    DAMN, Was British sarcasm wasted again ? Methinks so.
    Sorry carlover, you need to read "John"s thread on the SLR colors ( or I'm just slow at realisng you HAD and DID get the j/k )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I was just at a car show recently in Pittsburgh and i was snapping some pictures of the Chrysler ME 4-12 because wow it's beautiful, anyways, this guy probably in his mid 20's or so comes up and looks at the car and says to his friend, about the same age, "hey check out that new viper, i can't wait till they sell this thing". I couldn't help laughing.

Also this doesnt really have anything to do with cars but at that same autoshow i was standing next to my friend who was taking a picture of some car, and he doesnt have a normal camera for taking pictures he was has a digital camcorder which can still take stillshots but anyway there's this girl standing next to us looking at my friend with a weird look and then i hear her say to her friend "what an idiot, is he expecting it to move or something".

Third story- ok same auto show (wow didn't realize how many stupid people you can find at autoshows) i'm sitting in the brand new chevy cobalt ss checking out the interior and i hear a guy next to me looking at the cobalt say to his friend "looks like an impreza" yea maybe from 100,000 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Americans are Sueaholics!
    I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. Here is a site with a huge list of them on it. When all else fails, sue the bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Kid walks into the McLaren factory and steals all the new paint they've just taken delivery of and only leaves the black and the silver.

i thought it was mildly amusing
    that was a good one. that kid sure was stubborn.

that reply about the pitsburg autoshow reminded me of a funny story.

i was at the montreal international auto show last month, there was this guy's (Lawrence stroll, owner of mont tremblant circuit) ferrari collection. i was looking at his 612 and one guy (italian) next to me starts saying:
    "look at that new enzo, its suposed to be even faster than the first enzo, its going to be the fastest car in the world" , i turned to my brother and we just laughed so hard...

freakin moron
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 02-24-2005 at 09:53 AM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I heard a story about a woman, she was driving in her car (some peugeot) and suddenly the car started making "funny noises" (according to her) then stoped. So she called for road service, they came about 1 hour later. So she tells the story to the mechanic and says "It is probably a gearbox". They took her car back to the garage, fixed "the problem" and told her it was in fact gearbox and she has to pay about 1200 PLN = 300 Euro. Guess what was the real problem with her car? (I will tell you but try and guess, it will add to the comedy)

Fuel ?
    Cat rapped round the radiator fan ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Was it that obvious? Ok it was the fuel. 300 euro for lets say 30 litres of petrol, god damn this gas is expensive )

I have another Automotive Idiot story, well actually you can't really call this guy an idiot but hey his comment was pretty dumb.......

At the Edmonton Auto Show I was admiring the Ford GT, this guys behinds me asks "excuse me, do you know where the engine is located in this car?" I answered with a laugh "the rear". I guess he felt embarassed because right after that he shuffled away. It was a pretty funny moment!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

ive never seen a ford GT. i wouldnt know wither but i wouldve guessed the front.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by manik_890
    I have another Automotive Idiot story, well actually you can't really call this guy an idiot but hey his comment was pretty dumb.......

At the Edmonton Auto Show I was admiring the Ford GT, this guys behinds me asks "excuse me, do you know where the engine is located in this car?" I answered with a laugh "the rear". I guess he felt embarassed because right after that he shuffled away. It was a pretty funny moment!
    You should've given him a big technical answer like: The supercharged 5.4 liter V-8 is mounted transversely in the mid-engine position. Then see how embarassed he felt. lol

I have a feeling he wouldn't know what to say........but he would probably ask me again."where is it located, didn't catch that"

lol
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

my neighbour has a toyota cellica or seca not to sure but h as gone and spent $27k into new engine and turbo work into and bodykit and new paint job. he reckons he the mechanic got 375kw @fw and that not fully tune yet (the ecu hasn't been programed properly yet i think) newaz he said the car blew out its front tyres on the dyno i think he talking alot of BS cause i don't think the dyno puts that much pressure on your tyres, does anyone know if thats possible cause he one of those guys who thinks he better then everyone else and only his car is capable of doing that. sorry i can give you more details about the car cause thats all i know

Quote Originally Posted by asian_warrior01
    my neighbour has a toyota cellica or seca not to sure but h as gone and spent $27k into new engine and turbo work into and bodykit and new paint job. he reckons he the mechanic got 375kw @fw and that not fully tune yet (the ecu hasn't been programed properly yet i think) newaz he said the car blew out its front tyres on the dyno i think he talking alot of BS cause i don't think the dyno puts that much pressure on your tyres, does anyone know if thats possible cause he one of those guys who thinks he better then everyone else and only his car is capable of doing that. sorry i can give you more details about the car cause thats all i know
    Sounds like a tosser. You picked him in one.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

i was driving the other day, i didnt know the road that well, so i was only going five miles over the speed limit. this idiot in a later model dodge daytona decides he wants to pass me, normally i would let them, but this time i just started laughing. they got all the way up beside and the passengers kept looking over at me with this confused look on their faces. they were trying to figure what i was laughing at. then the driver looked up and saw there was a car like 50 maters in front of them. dumbass didnt look before he went to pass. he slammed on the brakes and got back in the lane after i was out of the way. the driver must have been embarresed because he kept speeding up and tailgating me, swerving back and forth. finally i got tired of it so i floored it and got up to like 90mph before i backed off, they sped up and cought up with me. i slowed it back down, waited until i had room behind me, slammed on my brakes and made a sharp left. they got on their brakes and swerved a little. they kept going straight, revving the heart out of that little daytona

made me smile, i like when people make asses out of themselves, makes me feel sane
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    i was driving the other day, i didnt know the road that well, so i was only going five miles over the speed limit. this idiot in a later model dodge daytona decides he wants to pass me, normally i would let them, but this time i just started laughing. they got all the way up beside and the passengers kept looking over at me with this confused look on their faces. they were trying to figure what i was laughing at. then the driver looked up and saw there was a car like 50 maters in front of them. dumbass didnt look before he went to pass. he slammed on the brakes and got back in the lane after i was out of the way. the driver must have been embarresed because he kept speeding up and tailgating me, swerving back and forth. finally i got tired of it so i floored it and got up to like 90mph before i backed off, they sped up and cought up with me. i slowed it back down, waited until i had room behind me, slammed on my brakes and made a sharp left. they got on their brakes and swerved a little. they kept going straight, revving the heart out of that little daytona

made me smile, i like when people make asses out of themselves, makes me feel sane
    sounds like ur being the ass here not him

i hate people who dont let others overtake, ****ing dumbasses, either let us pass or go slower

Thread Information