Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What a beast!!!

How much does the Ibiza weigh? i Think the Mazda 2 is the lowest weight in class with about 1Tonne.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Slobalt means Cobalt. It's an anagram of Cobalt LS, minus the C.

And actually that's inaccurate as I traded it for a Cobalt LT, the best equipped model before the SS here in Canada (as far as I know the LTZ isn't available anymore).

We need to stop highjacking Jack's thread now.
    Really? I thought we called them Slobalts because they were slow.

Nice switch though. Not that I didn't like the Aveo, but between the two I would've preferred the Cobalt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    I can... The Night Before, Please Please Me, I Feel Fine, Nowhere Man, Penny Lane...
    The entire Rubber Soul album, the White, Sgt. Pepper's, etc, etc. I grew up with the entire back catalogue, and even now I have it on vinyl.
    Turning money into memories.

As an American, I have no idea what a good car is , but based on my fantasies, I wish more of our car manufactures built cars that looked that nice. Especially used.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    How much does the Ibiza weigh? i Think the Mazda 2 is the lowest weight in class with about 1Tonne.
    The lightest 2 is the 1.3 3 door, which weights 1025kg. The lightest Ibiza, the 1.2 3 door, is 1049kg.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The lightest 2 is the 1.3 3 door, which weights 1025kg. The lightest Ibiza, the 1.2 3 door, is 1049kg.
    the Mazda is smaller though, so the Ibiza has a lower "density" .
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thanks, not wanting to take advantage of you, but how about the Mazda 2 1.4CRD and the Ibiza 1.4tdi?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Thanks, not wanting to take advantage of you, but how about the Mazda 2 1.4CRD and the Ibiza 1.4tdi?
    Don't worry.

Ibiza 1.4 TDI Ecomotive 3 door: 1140kg
    Ibiza 1.4 TDI Ecomotive 5 door: 1165kg
    2 1.4 CRTD 3 door: 1045kg
    2 1.4 CRTD 5 door: 1055kg

So the Mazda is about 100kg lighter.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Don't worry.

Ibiza 1.4 TDI Ecomotive 3 door: 1140kg
    Ibiza 1.4 TDI Ecomotive 5 door: 1165kg
    2 1.4 CRTD 3 door: 1045kg
    2 1.4 CRTD 5 door: 1055kg

So the Mazda is about 100kg lighter.
    That is a big diference and thanks again

That seems an impressively light diesel engine in the Mazda 2 there.. or a disappointingly heavy petrol one.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Except it's not mine anymore. My parents loved it more than I did, and offered to exchange the Slobalt with it. Which I agreed to do.

And I don't agree about the Aveo being a POS, sarcasm or not.

kthxbai
    James May - "You'd only ever buy one of these because you hadn't bothered looking at anything else"

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of them
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I drove a diesel Seat Ibiza in my driving school. Actually a very nice looking car.
    And it does not really feel like a small car when driving it. I like it.

Good choice, have fun!

Whats gonna happen to the horses of the Ibiza, if its driver decided to have 10 pounds or more of USDA (United States Dept of Agriculture) grade A steak, and then go driving???? Is the Ibiza gonna loose like 20 horsepower on the spot???

I have a second ride, a Nissan B13---5 speed manual transmission, 1.6 litre engine, and till date, I flog trucks all day long with the ride. None, has yet to put me to shame, including a Dodge 4 X 4 Hemi V-8. Mind you, this ride has 260,000 miles on the original engine. I am on the second gear box. And, at cruising speed, I get about 32 mpg. The mpg falls dramatically when i go hunting for a truck to flog or kill. Yep, I deliberately go on rides looking for V-6 or bigger cars to kill.

I did a few things to the car, anyways. I dropped a K & N drop in air filter into the air box, changed my BTDC from 16 - 18 degrees, use 93 Octane or supreme unleaded gas, jacked up my rpm to between 850- 900 rpm at idle, disconnect the hose connecting the EGR to the engine (robs car of power), use Castrol GTX 20W-50 since the car turned 100,000 miles till date. While I have a harder time beating some smaller cars, almost all bigger cars, are my lunch. You won't beleive how quick this car takes off.

I went at it with an older model Pontiac G-6 and while the Pontiac G-6 was quicker off the lot (more torque), as I gained moment, I was able to pass the G-6 at the top end, with everything I got in that engine. The G-6 driver must have been surprised. I know why this happened--the G-6 was at least 150 pounds to 200 pounds heavier than my car.

I think the B-13 came with a hefty 98 - 105 bhp. I beleive my car is putting out a little more than that these days.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-22-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Thread Information