Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Sebring 12 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    which other engines were available?
    I think thats the question right there....I don't think Honda was on the money spending mood to develop something different. The 4 Liter from the 3.4 wasn't that much of the jump in development and they just went for the cheapest route. I'd bet though once the KERS/Hybrid rule clarifies they might have something else to use.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I think thats the question right there....I don't think Honda was on the money spending mood to develop something different. The 4 Liter from the 3.4 wasn't that much of the jump in development and they just went for the cheapest route. I'd bet though once the KERS/Hybrid rule clarifies they might have something else to use.
    well, they could have turboed it.....and there is still the Mugen 4.5 liter engine...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    well, they could have turboed it.....and there is still the Mugen 4.5 liter engine...
    But did they have the budget?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But did they have the budget?
    maybe they should have asked Honda to make a V8 out of the 2.2CDTI engines...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Great finish for Audi. I my only wish was that Lieb didn't get smashed in the wall to take 3rd and that the Porsche’s had a better luck in the beginning. It was a pretty okay race considering the small field size.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Great finish for Audi. I my only wish was that Lieb didn't get smashed in the wall to take 3rd and that the Porsche’s had a better luck in the beginning. It was a pretty okay race considering the small field size.
    Lieb moved over way too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Lieb moved over way too early.
    I don't think he did. He would have hit the tire wall if he didn't move over. The Porsche was just not going to give up his line (I don't blame him).
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

I'm not going to blame the Porsche or the Panoz for the crash. It was a simple racing incident. You can see that from the replay that the wall shifted closer to the Panoz and he had to do something or get squashed; I just wish that it didn't involve the 45 Porsche getting the raw end of the deal (I was pulling for that car for GT2 class). I guess Lieb could have waited for a more opportune time to make a move because he clearly had the better pace, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I'm not going to blame the Porsche or the Panoz for the crash. It was a simple racing incident. You can see that from the replay that the wall shifted closer to the Panoz and he had to do something or get squashed; I just wish that it didn't involve the 45 Porsche getting the raw end of the deal (I was pulling for that car for GT2 class). I guess Lieb could have waited for a more opportune time to make a move because he clearly had the better pace, oh well.
    It was a simple racing incident. I was rooting for the 45 Porsche as well. I remember meeting that squad at Lime Rock in 2006. Jorg even let me sit in the car.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

Great LMP1 battle!

For the rest of the classes a bit of a yawner except for the incidents. Flying Lizards looked as snake bit as Risi did last year.

Hard to make a call on the Panoz/RSR incident...would like to see some in car camera from both cars.

Overall it appears the regular season races will be lacking outside GT2 class....we'll see.

100 times better racing than F1 though.

DARN Diesels

well guys it looks like LMP1 will be diesels for good.
    of course they could make them take the engine out and put pedals in.

last week pulled up to a traffic light, big assed dodge pickup truck beside me, revs it up(sounds like a clattering machine) lite changed and i was gone till about 30mph, then he went by me, what the hells going on here, I let off at over 100mph, he was still pullin.
    my car is a Mazda RX7 turbocharged in excellant condition, have turned 11.50s in the quarter.
    what will the future of racing be?? I know, lets ban them,,just like all the good cars of the past!
    THX Ron

It looks like from the race that Audi and Peugeot are basically neck and neck, and that Audi just have a stronger driving team. But I guess one has to keep in mind that Audi was being very conservative with how they are running the car being the first race and all....at Le Mans it might be faster than it is now....I like how close they are right now though, really makes the driving from the Audi squad show through....

I like how in the 2nd half the diesels were running consistantly 1.5-2 sec faster than the pole time from Acura....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I like how in the 2nd half the diesels were running consistantly 1.5-2 sec faster than the pole time from Acura....
    Acura should spend the bulk of their dollars on development instead of this over-aggressive marketing they do. All the hype that Patron/Highcroft made was for nothing.

I think it has more to do with their approach, as said their car has pace, but to keep that pace was to push 100% all the time, they don't have the flexibility of the diesel or a bigger/turbo charged motor, and it is just too stressful to do even with as steller as a lineup as both Acura team...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ronbros View Post
    well guys it looks like LMP1 will be diesels for good.
    As fas as I know the rest of the ALMS season will be without diesels, so it is likely that ALMS will turn into a GT2 competition, given the number of cars in
    the three other classes.

Thread Information